Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 422

Thread: 2019 VR headsets and PC2 discussion

  1. #401
    GT5 Pilot Zaskarspants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    1,880
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    that seems to be the Qest native games list.
    I admit I dont really grok vr, I was just trying to help, soz if it was misleading.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: kingsti


  2. #402
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    310
    Platform
    PC
    I've tried pCARS2 on Quest with Link and it's not quite up to snuff on my system - every other game I've tried has been pretty much spot on, but it's a little jittery with PC2. My system is pretty middle of the road though by VR standards, laptop with 1070, I'm sure something a bit more powerful would be just fine.

    I'm genuinely impressed by how well Link works for most games though - yes, Rift S looks better, but if you've got a Quest and a VR capable PC, a £9 cable gets you into the wide world of PC VR pretty seamlessly.
    System: Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz | 16GB RAM | GTX1070 (laptop) 8GB | 250GB M.2 + 960GB SSD + 2TB HDD| Win10 Home 64bit | Xbox 360 Controller | Oculus Rift CV1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MrTulip, satco1066


  3. #403
    Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    4
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by gregc View Post
    I've tried pCARS2 on Quest with Link and it's not quite up to snuff on my system - every other game I've tried has been pretty much spot on, but it's a little jittery with PC2. My system is pretty middle of the road though by VR standards, laptop with 1070, I'm sure something a bit more powerful would be just fine.

    I'm genuinely impressed by how well Link works for most games though - yes, Rift S looks better, but if you've got a Quest and a VR capable PC, a £9 cable gets you into the wide world of PC VR pretty seamlessly.
    Same on my system with a 1080gtx. Still pretty good though and was better by not using a cable extension. I think with some fine turning I’m hoping I can get it running smoothly.

  4. #404
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    310
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnDog Millionare View Post
    Same on my system with a 1080gtx. Still pretty good though and was better by not using a cable extension. I think with some fine turning I’m hoping I can get it running smoothly.
    Apparently the 12.0 update has some Link performance improvements, haven't had a chance to try it yet. Hand tracking is pretty cool though
    System: Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz | 16GB RAM | GTX1070 (laptop) 8GB | 250GB M.2 + 960GB SSD + 2TB HDD| Win10 Home 64bit | Xbox 360 Controller | Oculus Rift CV1

  5. #405
    Superkart Pilot Twinz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    446
    Platform
    PC
    I finally broke my Rift last night. It's currently rigged up with zip ties, but it's time for a new HMD. It sounds like the reverb has the bugs worked out, but I'm concerned about my 1080 Ti being able to run it. I'm willing to turn down some settings but I need track detail to run at least at medium to minimize pop-in on my rift.

    Anyone running a reverb with a 1080 ti or a 2080 non-ti? What settings do you have to use for 90fps?
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3800X / GTX 1080 ti / 32gb DDR4 @3600 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

  6. #406
    Rookie Roger Nelson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    1
    Platform
    PC
    Hello,
    i own a Cosmos and i think i don't get the right resolution.
    Do someone know if there is a possibility to see the current resolution?
    The Settings are showing 1920 * 1080. As i read, this is the resolution of my monitor and the VR resolution will not be shown.
    I'm driving the Red Bull Ring and the power supply lines are terribly aliased no mater what settings i choose.
    There is a setting in Steam where one can change the resolution per eye. if i turn the setting from automatic to manual there is a unusual resolution at 100%. Like 22xx x 1392 or so, i dont remember.
    I hope someone can help.



    ----------------------------------------------

    CPU: i5 - 6400 at 2.7Ghz | GPU: RTX 2060 SUPER| HMD: Vive Cosmos | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | Pedals: Fanatec Clubsport V3
    Last edited by Roger Nelson; 09-01-2020 at 15:16.

  7. #407
    WMD Member PostBox981's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Close to Bremen
    Posts
    1,608
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    I finally broke my Rift last night. It's currently rigged up with zip ties, but it's time for a new HMD. It sounds like the reverb has the bugs worked out, but I'm concerned about my 1080 Ti being able to run it. I'm willing to turn down some settings but I need track detail to run at least at medium to minimize pop-in on my rift.

    Anyone running a reverb with a 1080 ti or a 2080 non-ti? What settings do you have to use for 90fps?
    1080ti here, which is definitively on the limit with a Reverb. Running mediocre quality settings but still getting stutters when cornering, in PC2, R3E and ACC as well. Didn´t find out whether it is CPU or GPU limited. Will find out within the next few months when I update my CPU.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

    In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

  8. #408
    Superkart Pilot Twinz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    446
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    1080ti here, which is definitively on the limit with a Reverb. Running mediocre quality settings but still getting stutters when cornering, in PC2, R3E and ACC as well. Didn´t find out whether it is CPU or GPU limited. Will find out within the next few months when I update my CPU.
    Thanks for the info. Have you tried lowering the settings to low and did it get rid of the stutters?
    I just did a 18-car, 20 minute race,at long beach, at night and my rig was able to keep 90fps even in heavy traffic. (My settings ar medium-ish) I wanted to wait until the 3080 Ti or Big Navi hit the market to upgrade VR just to be sure everything ran smoothly, but I don't think my zip-tie bandaid will make it till then. (And I don't want to drop $400 on the S now that the Reverb looks like the upgrade path I want.)
    Last edited by Twinz; 09-01-2020 at 17:59.
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3800X / GTX 1080 ti / 32gb DDR4 @3600 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5
    The following user likes this Post: gazza1101


  9. #409
    WMD Member John Hargreaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,190
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    I finally broke my Rift last night. It's currently rigged up with zip ties, but it's time for a new HMD. It sounds like the reverb has the bugs worked out, but I'm concerned about my 1080 Ti being able to run it. I'm willing to turn down some settings but I need track detail to run at least at medium to minimize pop-in on my rift.

    Anyone running a reverb with a 1080 ti or a 2080 non-ti? What settings do you have to use for 90fps?
    I've been very happy with the Reverb. I got mine on day 1 and it has been generally very good. I do occasionally get the lowering of brightness in the right eye after a long session, and I may send it back for a replacement just because it would be nice to have a new one, but it's no great inconvenience as it only happens rarely. Performance is fine in PC2, ACC, DR2.0 which are my main sims at the moment. To be honest I've stopped fussing exactly what the framerate is, I just go by how pleasant the experience is. For instance you can still get a great experience in sims like X-Plane 11 even on ridiculously low framerates. Maybe I'm not so fussy - I do appreciate the good framerates in sims like LFS or Aerofly Flight Sim 2, but I got a bit bored of tweaking so I just think, 'am I having fun?' if yes, then carry on, if no, I go play something else.
    Award for most improved VR experience goes to ACC in my book, it's gone from being rubbish to being very good in VR imo.
    The clarity of the Reverb more than makes up for it's shortcomings for what I use it for, seated driving and flying sims mainly. I don't think it is so good for the likes of Robo Recall or (I'm guessing) the Half Life Alex title, you may be better with a rift S for those.
    In PC2 I can get 180fps in 2D easily enough with medium visuals and those settings will deliver 90fps in VR, so I'd think it's within reach if framerate is your main goal.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

    WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: Twinz


  10. #410
    WMD Member PostBox981's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Close to Bremen
    Posts
    1,608
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    Thanks for the info. Have you tried lowering the settings to low and did it get rid of the stutters?
    I just did a 18-car, 20 minute race,at long beach, at night and my rig was able to keep 90fps even in heavy traffic. (My settings ar medium-ish) I wanted to wait until the 3080 Ti or Big Navi hit the market to upgrade VR just to be sure everything ran smoothly, but I don't think my zip-tie bandaid will make it till then. (And I don't want to drop $400 on the S now that the Reverb looks like the upgrade path I want.)
    As for the stutters: A while ago I reduced the mirror resolution drastically (1024x720 or so?) for some reason and that seemed to fix it for the moment. I didn´t do any more research on that though as I usually need a 1920x1080 resolution for streaming. In R3E I feel like reducing the image quality to low does fix it. ACC is the worst for me still, esp. replays in TV-cam.

    It might as well be a SteamVR or Win10-WMR setting that I missed to set correctly yet. I could play with settings the whole day through, but... I´d also want to play every now and then. Quite like you I will wait for a 3080ti or whatever it will be called. The 2080ti advantage over my 1080ti is not big enough for the money.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

    In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, Twinz


Similar Threads

  1. SMS-R 2019 Discussion Thread
    By Stewy32 in forum eSports
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-02-2019, 11:55
  2. Gaming headsets
    By dault3883 in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 18-05-2017, 13:30
  3. headsets
    By BACON 1st CLASS in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-02-2017, 00:25
  4. Headsets on XBone
    By RobIzYoDaddy in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 22:14
  5. Let's Talk Headsets....
    By GraySmithMusic in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 11:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •