Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fanatec wheel and pedals not recognized and detected

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

fanatec wheel and pedals not recognized and detected

i have been playing asetto corsa for about 6 months now and purchased project cars 2 a couple months ago.
    i have a fanatec csl elite ps4 wheel base and fanatec csl elite pedals.

PC2 will not recognize/detect my wheel and pedals. when i goto OPTIONS, CONTROL SCREEN, CALIBRIATE PEDALS/WHEEL, nothing happens when i press the pedals or turn the wheel. A few times i was able to get the wheel or throttle only to calibrate with various results in the game.
    when i start a race i have no control over the car or no brakes or throttle controls the steering. you get the idea.

i tried unchecking all the boxes in Steam, Settings, GENERAL CONTROLLER SETTINGS.

i tried in PC2 to OPTIONS, EDIT ASSIGNMENTS and nothing happens

i tried to connect the fanatec before and after loading PC2 with various results.

What should i do next?

this is getting very frustrating. AC was soo much easier to get working.

Platform
    PC
    try it as custom wheel and assign all axes and buttons
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-1600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    The following user likes this Post: bporion

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    from OPTIONS, CONTROL SCREEN, i changed the wheel to CUSTOM.
    When i went to EDIT ASSIGNMENTS nothing happens when i try to change any of the axes or buttons.
    if i use the left mouse i get a message "please assign the new configuration".
    if i tab or move to any of the control boxes and move wheel, pedals or other, nothing happens.

i uninstalled PC2 from steam and installed again.
    still no luck.

Platform
    PC
    Is the wheel working correctly in Window's game controller settings?
    Ryzen 5 2600x | Arctic Freezer 33 Plus | Gigabyte X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6G | 16GB G.SKILL RIPJAWS V 3200 | Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base + CSL Elite McLaren GT3 + Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter - Windows 10 x64

Member of Revolution Sim Racing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    i'm not sure what you mean by wheel working in "windows game controller setting"?
    i dont own a game controller.

if i switch to keyboard, the keyboard operates the car in the game.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rukazy View Post
    i'm not sure what you mean by wheel working in "windows game controller setting"?
    i dont own a game controller.

if i switch to keyboard, the keyboard operates the car in the game.
    What he means is the Fanatec Wheel Properties application (Fanatec driver).

What did you mean with "i tried in PC2 to OPTIONS, EDIT ASSIGNMENTS and nothing happens"? Did you try to assign the wheel/pedals in that menu by clicking the various options and pressing/turning the relevant buttons/axes?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Does the Fanatec software recognize the wheel and show all button presses correctly? This is what they mean by "game controllers"

Do you have multiple users on Windows? I just ran into this on my PC where multiple users caused issues ( I have no idea why) it would recognize the wheel but it would not work in any game. It worked in the Fanatec PC properties software though.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    yes, the fanatec driver (fanatec wheel properties application) works correctly with the pedals and wheel. i just updated the fanatec driver firmware too. Ran the tests and did wheel center calibration.

wheel still works fine in assetto corsa.

what i mean by "i tried in PC2 to OPTIONS, EDIT ASSIGNMENTS and nothing happens", is i goto the Edit Assignments and i can not change any of the assignments. i goto to any of the lines for a control, turn wheels or press pedals or wheel buttons and nothing happens.
    Except if i use the fanatec up/down paddle shifter then i tab to another screen.
    if i goto one of the lines and click my computer mouse i get "please select an assignment" message.

i have one other window user but she rarely uses this computer, so she is not logged in.

i've been trying to get PC2 working for a couple months, so have rebooted computer multiple times.

turn off cloud sync on Steam (either globally or just for the game). Delete or rename \Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\<Steam ID>\project cars 2\profiles\default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav

Now start the game and see if you can assign the controls

if it works OK, you can re enable steam cloud.

You may also want to see if changing the Steam Input per-game setting does anything useful (I've no idea if it does, but it can't get worse than not working) - it's under the properties for the game (right click PC2 in the library and select properties)
    Last edited by Mad Al; 22-05-2019 at 08:01. Reason: doh, half asleep and left in full path to docs from own machine!

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I am having the same problem as rukazy.

My V2.5 is in PC mode, all of the buttons/pedals/buttons are working properly through the Fanatec software. I have the V2.5 selected as my controller in PCars 2. The V2.5 is recognized by Steam as a known controller. I get no input from any of the controls in PCars 2.

2 weeks ago the wheel worked fine and I was able to play PCars 2. I was forced to upgrade my MOBO and processor due to MOBO failure. Now the wheel does not work on PCars 2. I have uninstalled and re-installed PCars through Steam.

I am with rukazy, this is getting annoying...
    PS4, Fanatec V2 base, V3 pedals, CSL P1 Steering Wheel, Ricmotech Cockpit, AK Rocker Seat, PCars Dash, Galaxy Tab S 7 in, Galaxy Note 4
    Pillow for my back...