Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: fanatec wheel and pedals not recognized and detected

Platform
    PC
    Make sure to plug it to USB2 not USB3.
    Ryzen 5 2600x | Arctic Freezer 33 Plus | Gigabyte X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6G | 16GB G.SKILL RIPJAWS V 3200 | Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base + CSL Elite McLaren GT3 + Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter - Windows 10 x64

Member of Revolution Sim Racing

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Shepard2603 View Post
    Make sure to plug it to USB2 not USB3.
    Tried that, it didnt fix it...
    Thank you for responding though, I really appreciate it.
    PS4, Fanatec V2 base, V3 pedals, CSL P1 Steering Wheel, Ricmotech Cockpit, AK Rocker Seat, PCars Dash, Galaxy Tab S 7 in, Galaxy Note 4
    Pillow for my back...

Platform
    PC
    Re-install the fanatec software and also delete or rename \Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\<Steam ID>\project cars 2\profiles\default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav.
    And also make sure to have the wheel connected and powered before you boot up the game.
    Ryzen 5 2600x | Arctic Freezer 33 Plus | Gigabyte X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6G | 16GB G.SKILL RIPJAWS V 3200 | Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base + CSL Elite McLaren GT3 + Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter - Windows 10 x64

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by seamastergmt View Post
    The V2.5 is recognized by Steam as a known controller.
    I'm not familiar with what Steam does with controllers, but I think you should disable everything in Steam related to controllers as it probably interferes with the game trying to get input from the controller.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Shepard2603 View Post
    Re-install the fanatec software and also delete or rename \Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\<Steam ID>\project cars 2\profiles\default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav.
    And also make sure to have the wheel connected and powered before you boot up the game.

Was going to suggest deleting the controller settings. If you plug your wheel in to a different USB slot than when you first set it up, the problem you are having can manifest itself.
    Updating the driver can also cause it, even though it works perfectly fine elsewhere. Something becomes corrupt (I assume) in the controllersettings sav file.

Usually, deleting that file and re-assigning everything fixes it, or has done for me every time I have had a similar issue.
    RWB Racing International

Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec Podium DD2 & CSv3 pedals CS Shifter, Rift S / 4K XB321HK / Triple XB271HU 1440p screens. i9 9900k, 32gb Ram, 2080ti, Samsung m2 ssd, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, Throne Thumper, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe, Rseat S1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    back at trying to get PC2 to work.
    Deleting controllersettings.v1.03.sav and turning off cloud sync for both the game and globally, has achieved 50% results.
    Now i can calibrate the wheel and it turns in the game but the pedals will not work. I still can not calibrate the pedals.
    i can get to the screen to calibrate the pedals, but can not get any movement on the level meter. i tried mouse clicking, tabbing etc..
    i even tried COMBINE in the motion set up screen just to see if the pedals would work in the came.

i tried different USB ports. From SS USB to non labeled USB, front and back of computer.

i was thinking plugging the pedals directly into the wheel base but if i remember right, assetto corsa likes the pedals attached by USB to computer directly. i dont want to mess up AC since it works fine.

Any other suggestions.

Platform
    PC
    SS USB is USB3. Normally you should use only USB2 ports.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-1600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rukazy View Post
    back at trying to get PC2 to work.
    Deleting controllersettings.v1.03.sav and turning off cloud sync for both the game and globally, has achieved 50% results.
    Now i can calibrate the wheel and it turns in the game but the pedals will not work. I still can not calibrate the pedals.
    i can get to the screen to calibrate the pedals, but can not get any movement on the level meter. i tried mouse clicking, tabbing etc..
    i even tried COMBINE in the motion set up screen just to see if the pedals would work in the came.

i tried different USB ports. From SS USB to non labeled USB, front and back of computer.

i was thinking plugging the pedals directly into the wheel base but if i remember right, assetto corsa likes the pedals attached by USB to computer directly. i dont want to mess up AC since it works fine.

Any other suggestions.
    Did you assign the pedals before trying to calibrate? (That's mandatory! ...just to make sure)

Platform
    PC
    Edit: nvm
    CPU Intel i7-9700K @ 4.8 GHz all cores | Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | RAM 16GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU nVidia GTX980 4GB (431.68) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen AOC U3477PQU | OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 2560x1080 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON (adaptive) | AA None | Reflections MED | Envmap MED | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows MED | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles MED/MED/MED

PC2Info, a PC program that shows most stats the game provides over UDP

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Back at tying to get PC2 to work again.

PC2 still does not recognize the fanatec pedals. Nothing happens when i try to calibrate or when i go into a race.
    The wheel and paddle shifters are still working consistently after performing all the prior settings already discussed.

Yes, i used the USB2 ports.
    Yes, i assigned SEPARATE to the pedals before trying to calibrate.

Assetto Corsa still works fine.

Maybe my anti virus is doing something?
    i'm running Kaspersky Internet Security.