Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: fanatec wheel and pedals not recognized and detected

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by seamastergmt View Post
    I am having the same problem as rukazy.

My V2.5 is in PC mode, all of the buttons/pedals/buttons are working properly through the Fanatec software. I have the V2.5 selected as my controller in PCars 2. The V2.5 is recognized by Steam as a known controller. I get no input from any of the controls in PCars 2.

2 weeks ago the wheel worked fine and I was able to play PCars 2. I was forced to upgrade my MOBO and processor due to MOBO failure. Now the wheel does not work on PCars 2. I have uninstalled and re-installed PCars through Steam.

I am with rukazy, this is getting annoying...
    This is exactly the same issue I am having. I replaced my mobo (with the same model mobo) and now this no longer works.
    CPU: AMD R5 3600x @ 4.3Ghz | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 Ti | RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3700Mhz DDR4 16gb | Display: Oculus Rift | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500RS | Pedals: Fanatec CSR Elite Inverted | Cockpit: DofReality P3 - SimVibe - 2x Buttkicker Advance - Subpac S2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by brasstacks View Post
    This is exactly the same issue I am having. I replaced my mobo (with the same model mobo) and now this no longer works.
    Have you tried and delete the controller .xml file in the My Documents/Project CARS 2 folder, then re-assigning the controls in the game? I think that replacing the mobo messed up the controller IDs or something like that.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Platform
    PC
    Interestingly I have about the same issue going on with R3E in my case. No controller detection whatsoever, no wheel, no pedals and no button box which all work fine in all my other sims (including PC2 luckily). Nobody able to help yet for many weeks.

This also happened from one day to another and as somebody else here said already it happened about 2 months ago. So now I really wonder whether it probably is a virus scanner issue as this updates in the background without any further notice about every day. I am on Avast free anti virus - anybody else? Can´t give it a try ATM as I am busy at work.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Platform
    PC
    Windows 10 might have installed drivers for your wheels when it was updating. You could try to download newest drivers for your wheels/pedals and reinstalling them manually.
    CPU Intel i7-9700K @ 4.9 GHz all cores | Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | RAM 16GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU nVidia RTX2070 Super 8GB (440.97) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen AOC U3477PQU | OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 3440x1440 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON (adaptive) | AA None | Reflections HIGH | Envmap HIGH | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows HIGH | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles HIGH/HIGH/HIGH

PC2Info, a PC program that shows most stats the game provides over UDP

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    just following up. i finally got PC2 working. was playing around with some of the files then assetto corsa would not work properly.
    so i uninstalled and reloaded fanatec drivers (which is something i already tried to get PC2 working). after calibrating and getting AC working, i started playing around with PC2 again.
    with pedals plugged into base, starting PC2 before plugging in fanatec, starting a race then going to options, FINALLY, all the fanatec hardware works with PC2.

BTW. i like the way AC physics work better then PC2 but PC2 has some tracks i wanted to try before going to a real track with my Audi.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rukazy View Post
    BTW. i like the way AC physics work better then PC2 but PC2 has some tracks i wanted to try before going to a real track with my Audi.
    Good to see you got it sorted.

As for the better AC physics, please report back whether the AC version of your car feels anywhere near the real one. I own a Boxster S (981, not the 4 cyl turbo one) and driving the real car is so much easier than the AC version which doesn´t feel even close. It feels like it weighs four tonnes with three of them in the rear. The PC2 Cayman GT4 is getting quite close or at least closer than the AC car, though being a race car, not the road version.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | HP Reverb Pro | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case you´re looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Cannot get my FANATEC PODIUM DD2 to work with PC2

I have tried all recommendations that I could get my hands on and still my wheel base is not recognized by PC2. All worked with my old CSW v2.5 but as soon as I upgraded to DD2 nothing works. Any help is much appreciated.

Platform
    PC
    https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/654/project-cars-2-pc-fanatec-recommended-settings#latest
    Have you tried these settings (especially running the wheelbase in V2.5 compatibility mode)?
    Ryzen 5 2600x | Arctic Freezer 33 Plus | Gigabyte X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6G | 16GB G.SKILL RIPJAWS V 3200 | Fanatec CSL Elite Wheel Base + CSL Elite McLaren GT3 + Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals LC | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter - Windows 10 x64

Member of Revolution Sim Racing

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrule View Post
    Cannot get my FANATEC PODIUM DD2 to work with PC2

I have tried all recommendations that I could get my hands on and still my wheel base is not recognized by PC2. All worked with my old CSW v2.5 but as soon as I upgraded to DD2 nothing works. Any help is much appreciated.
    DD2 should be in compatibility mode.
    In PC2 I had to choose the CSW 2.0 profile. I found that CSW 2.5 profile in PC2 won't work.

That worked for me.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat