Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Sliding Cars and sims

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    Without a real car, without movement except for a few of us and without a real track, g forces, risks of death and so on all sim creators become like film directors attempting to encapsulate complex feelings and visions into a tiny box abstracted from reality. That those film directors and sim creators produce different results is no suprise and just as in film where you may have a favourite director most of us have a favourite Sim.

Only a partisan zealot would say one highly rated film director is better. Is Spielberg better than Micheal Haneke? No it's a silly question.

I suggest it is the same with Sims and that to attempt a dialogue based on a limited context about one sim being better than another is just futile fanboyism and devisive as we see played out on this thread.

We have had and continue to have interesting conversations on this forum that compare and contrast Sims but this thread isn't one of them. The op is just coming across as anxious to praise acc on the strength of little or no experience of the game and rubbish pcars with little evidence or success.

I am sure both do a great job with acc improving after coming out of beta just as pcars did and just as with film director preferences I don't think slagging off the one you personally dont like is productive, even more so if you don't have broad and deep experience of the Sims you are critiquing.
    You are right I am a deeply flawed individual. See post underneath.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Thanks.
    But you left yourself open to that. I'm usually much more nasty.
    I don't see why you can't post videos, or at the least, screenshot the behaviour you claim to be so prolific and that you experience yourself. Xbox has share and post functionality and iirc better than ps4 does.

If you want to be productive, be specific. Replicate and pinpoint the issue.
    Or your claims of wrong "physics" gets piled in with the rest of the sim community tribalism. Then you get made fun of for parroting your favourite sum racer.
    If you hadn't spent so much time getting Jardier clicks, you could have posted some interesting screen grabs and videos by now.
    I would have been amused enough not to make fun of you.
    Please don't be nasty. I understand that if you are smart that you are not soft on ignorant people. But most of the time they don't come from a bad place.
    I have watched other footage as well and I apologize. You are right that Jardier uses a much more oversteery set up and I have taken him more as gospel. And combine this with the bonnet view and you have my sensations I am describing.
    But you have a good point with your critisism at me.
    I mostly use time trial and although I feel less weight I can't pinpoint it.
    This is why I am a deeply flawed individual. Jardier has always been very critical about Project Cars 2. Much more since ACC. The funny thing is that I installed Discord to let him know that I really didn't like it how he was as critical on Project Cars2 and that he seemed much more lenient on ACC. And it looks like I am doing the opposite here.
    I have seen this in many things in my life.
    I think it comes from the fact that I need the blessing of other people but that I am a perfectionist. And because I care about Project Cars2 I always want it to be the best. But in the meantime I am very critical on it because I want others to like it.
    Hey I said I was deeply flawed.
    That weight feeling I still have but I can't convey it to you. It is how I perceive it. And also the sound of the tires. The overrotation is probably a combination of the set up of Jardier and others and the bonnet view.
    But again I know you are smart otherwise you wouldn't be studying that and succeeding. But that doesn't mean that other people are stupid. Just have a little more time with some individuals or don't invest time in them. Because I mean well.
    But your methods are indeed the right one. So again sorry.
    I hope you understand me better now.

Platform
    PS4
    All I was trying to say is that it's not so simple. There are too many factors involved and it'll take a bit of work to do an accurate comparison between the sims.
    Isolate the variables, run some tests, do some math, compare the numbers.
    Even David Wright's comparison above can be heavily affected by the caster setting alone. Then there is ffb, tyre and track conditions...
    On that note: we don't know which is more correct - the "weight" in Acc or pc2.
    Pc2 has its flaws in the macro execution: we've all seen some anomalies in the collision effects and kerb behaviour. Is there an underlying issue that is related to your feeling if the lack of weight? It's possible.
    So don't write yourself off. You might be on to something, but sms probably already knows.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: Bliman

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    All I was trying to say is that it's not so simple. There are too many factors involved and it'll take a bit of work to do an accurate comparison between the sims.
    Isolate the variables, run some tests, do some math, compare the numbers.
    Even David Wright's comparison above can be heavily affected by the caster setting alone. Then there is ffb, tyre and track conditions...
    On that note: we don't know which is more correct - the "weight" in Acc or pc2.
    Pc2 has its flaws in the macro execution: we've all seen some anomalies in the collision effects and kerb behaviour. Is there an underlying issue that is related to your feeling if the lack of weight? It's possible.
    So don't write yourself off. You might be on to something, but sms probably already knows.
    I am curious how David Wright will describe it.