Page 74 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Automobilista 2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    Don't worry, I don't think anyone was questioning your standpoint.. there have been a few people who have complained about the EA and 40% discount when they paid for the Beta and are asking for refunds...
    Indeed, me neither.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    there have been a few people who have complained about the EA and 40% discount when they paid for the Beta and are asking for refunds...
    40% EA discount is on the base game only, no word yet about the price of season pass. AMS2 beta bundle includes game + all DLCs, apparently some people in the Reiza forums forgot about that.
    I never buy anything pre-release but I think the price for the beta bundle is pretty good considering the amount of content and the post-release support.

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    40% EA discount is on the base game only, no word yet about the price of season pass. AMS2 beta bundle includes game + all DLCs, apparently some people in the Reiza forums forgot about that.
    I never buy anything pre-release but I think the price for the beta bundle is pretty good considering the amount of content and the post-release support.
    If you're in a financial pinch I think the best course of action is get the EA base game at -40% discount and get a season pass or individual DLC during a Steam sale. Besides, being the first isn't always beneficial as more often then not these cars will still get adjustment after release as feedback trickles in from the consumer community. So the best first impressions with new content are to be had at a later date then the release date anyway, which is the case with all kinds of games from all kinds of developers nowadays. Heck, it's even the case with new hardware... being the first with a Podium wheel base didn't mean a perfect experience out of the box from the stories I read... good to great it was but far from perfect.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    The other big problem for the moment are unfortunately the dozens and dozens of bugs in the madness engine in various aspects, especially in multiplayer, which for the moment still exist in AMS2 and apparently they were never fixed by SMS even after the release/end of support for PCARS2. Let's hope the Reiza guys can do wonders in this area as well, in the next couple months.
    Renato has clarified that Reiza have licensed the Madness engine as it was for PC2, plus some specific updates, not the "current" Madness engine. I think I would try to be realistic in my expectations. If SMS can't fix particular issues after a year of patching, the issues may not be simple to fix. Reiza have never produced their own netcode, so I'm unclear as to their expertise in this area. What shocked me was the AMS2 online lobby UI was much worse than PC2 - no way to tell what cars were being raced or what session (practice/qual/etc). I like the Reiza team and Renato in particular but don't know how they sleep at night.
    Last edited by David Wright; 26-03-2020 at 08:04.

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
    Renato has clarified that Reiza have licensed the Madness engine as it was for PC2, plus some specific updates, not the "current" Madness engine. I think I would try to be realistic in my expectations. If SMS can't fix particular issues after a year of patching, the issues may not be simple to fix.
    I'm still convinced they were very much limited by what goals the publisher set. Either x amount of patches or y amount of money(or both) to spend on patching(in addition to max x months of patching for instance). And of course an NDA on said agreement(that was something that could be read between the lines on multiple subjects/posts by the team). And it REALLY didn't help they synchronised the console and PC releases/patches because the console releases have to be green-lit by Microsoft and Sony and cost money. So many patches will get costly(as opposed to Steam only costing a LOT less).
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, 918 Wheel, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 3900X, 55" UHD LG/Vive, Denon AVR-3808

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Renato has clarified that Reiza have licensed the Madness engine as it was for PC2, plus some specific updates, not the "current" Madness engine. I think I would try to be realistic in my expectations. If SMS can't fix particular issues after a year of patching, the issues may not be simple to fix. Reiza have never produced their own netcode, so I'm unclear as to their expertise in this area. What shocked me was the AMS2 online lobby UI was much worse than PC2 - no way to tell what cars were being raced or what session (practice/qual/etc). I like the Reiza team and Renato in particular but don't know how they sleep at night.
    Probably not much, because they are at full throttle right now

Simple to fix definitely not, but it's all about dedication, determination and putting the resources to fix the bugs, that's all that's needed, when you have capable people. For PCARS2 there clearly wasn't much determination (IMO of course), at least not after the release of the game. Judging from the Reiza posts in the forum, my understanding is that they are more than dedicated on improving on the problems even of the engine itself, although of course miracles cannot happen in one day. Yeah, I also dislike the online lobby UI (basically I am not very fond of the whole UI in general), but remember, it is still WIP...

Platform
    PC
    I don’t like the UI neither. I think we have to live with that. The UI won’t change that much anymore.
    The bad AA is still an issue and the AI is really bad atm. Flickering shadows, night races are really bad due to the flickering lights on edges of the cars.
    We will see what Reiza can do...
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    If you're in a financial pinch I think the best course of action is get the EA base game at -40% discount and get a season pass or individual DLC during a Steam sale.
    I'm a very patient person when it comes to buying games, so I'll probably wait until game + season pass goes on sale. I have a bunch of games to keep me busy for a very long time so no need to hurry to buy anything.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Simple to fix definitely not, but it's all about dedication, determination and putting the resources to fix the bugs, that's all that's needed, when you have capable people.
    Reiza certainly have capable people. Renato has been doing vehicle physics since the 79 F1 mod for rFactor, through GTR Evo for Simbin and with Reiza for 10 years. Alex one of their track guys is also very talented and has a long history with making tracks. But as i say, Reiza have never produced netcode previously. Time will tell if they are capable in this area. I would also point out that Reiza have had the Madness engine for over a year, so they have had the opportunity to "fix" the netcode if they have the capability.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Reiza certainly have capable people. Renato has been doing vehicle physics since the 79 F1 mod for rFactor, through GTR Evo for Simbin and with Reiza for 10 years. Alex one of their track guys is also very talented and has a long history with making tracks. But as i say, Reiza have never produced netcode previously. Time will tell if they are capable in this area. I would also point out that Reiza have had the Madness engine for over a year, so they have had the opportunity to "fix" the netcode if they have the capability.
    They have it for a year, but they haven't been doing large multiplayer tests in real conditions, to reveal all those problems we are all very familiar with in PCARS2. Multiplayer in AMS2 beta was introduced just a week ago, lets give them some time to deal with its problems (together with other things unfortunately).