Page 113 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1191

Thread: Automobilista 2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    A fair chunk of the content is a straight port from AMS1, so the car models and some of the Brazilian tracks lack the detail and polish of newer titles. However, some of those old Brazilian bangers drive really well, so you can excuse the looks. The newer content, cars and tracks, are well up to current standards in every respect, so graphics, 3D models, physics and FFB are second to none. AI is shaping up nicely too, so from nowhere we seem to have a classic driving sim. You'll really enjoy it.
    I still find Pcars2 has a much better look than AMS2. Hard to explain but as said before Pcars has more vivid colors in it. Much more life like.
    Yesterday I did a couple of laps in the ..... car on Brand Hatch with both sims. Pcars a +1 for looks and AMS a +1 for FFB.
    I still like Pcars more, due to the variety of cars and tracks and looks. For FFB,sound and AI you have to go for AMS2.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: bporion, cpcdem, Haiden, John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Silraed View Post
    With the latest PC3 news I'm kicking myself for not buying into AMS2 when it was cheapest.
    It's 35 UK on Steam currently, and it's well worth that price, the DLC is coming down the line, but there is more than enough content in there to keep you busy for a long time. The car list has lots of different classes, but not many cars within the class, so it has a strong 'one make series' feel, but that's actually fine, most grass roots series that you see in support races are like that, and all formula cars look the same anyway just different liveries. It's still rough around the edges, but the devs are committed to supporting it for a long time, and you would believe that given their previous record. They are certainly polishing the rough diamond of the madness engine and extracting the potential that we all know is in there.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 3 users likes this Post: chastewand, Mad LL, morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    Mahjik's a good guy. Funnily enough I found him posting in a Jag F-Type forum and I nearly joined just to say "hi" . He was most gracious in sending me a bunch of stuff for taking some screenshots of the car livery he had in pCARS2. I took them for no more reason than to help him out and, you know, take some more screenshots

I still remember one person from the WMD1 days. All he/she wanted was for pCARS1 to feel like AC. It didn't matter whether it was realistic or not, didn't care about what was modelled, how good the tyre model was, all that person wanted was what they had but with shinier graphics. When people have invested so much of their time learning how to drive a particular sim and becoming good at that sim, it becomes very difficult to step away, drive something else and admit that it might be better, more realistic. We are, sadly, only human and therefore creatures of habit.

I have bought AMS2 - primarily because I wanted to check out the photo mode, but it's missing the real magic part, the 'filters' tab, so I've barely touched it. I know our league are looking forward to it, especially as it contains a lot of fairly niche racing vehicles, so that fits in very well with what we do as a league. And as ever, the more devs there are, the more things can move forward in this genre, so I wish Reiza well with the launch and the future

You bought AMS2 too? Aaaaaah shiet!!! Was hoping there would be one less dude in front of my online time trials. Sigh... down the list we go again.
    The following user likes this Post: cluck

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
    You bought AMS2 too? Aaaaaah shiet!!! Was hoping there would be one less dude in front of my online time trials. Sigh... down the list we go again.
    You know I don't have any sim gear now right? You're safe, I only have a controller and I have spent literally 5 minutes in the game, long enough to fire it up 3 times and see that the photo mode isn't up to what is in pCARS2 (at least, not the last time I checked). I didn't buy it for the racing, I bought it to act as a distraction, to give me something new to screenshot

EDIT: I've got nothing against driving with a controller by the way - heck, one of our members just won a pair of pCARS2 races on a controller - it's just not for me, having used a wheel for more years than I can remember. My racing days are very much over for the foreseeable future, for reasons very much out of my control (if you are remotely curious, it shouldn't take too long to find out, I'm just not interested in sharing it - or having it disclosed - here )
    Last edited by cluck; 27-06-2020 at 14:00.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Acer Predator X34P 34" IPS 3440x1440 100Hz //
    The following 2 users likes this Post: blinkngone, Konan

Platform
    PC
    When is the game releasing? I thought it was dropping last week?
    PC: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero| Intel I7-9700K 4.7 GHz | 32GB Ripjaws V Series | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Air Cooler | 1 TB Samsung Evo SSD x 2
    Rig: Accuforce V2, HE Sprint Pedals, SimLab GT1 | Alienware 34" Curved | Turn R20 U-Hub Combo, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR | CSS SQ | Oculus CV1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    When is the game releasing? I thought it was dropping last week?
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/threa...se-time.11692/

Ryzen R7 3800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite - 16Gig DDR4 (Ballistix Elite 3600) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 860 250G SSD, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Pro (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. Ryzen R5 3600X - Asus Prime X570-P - 16G DDR4 (Crucial Ballistix 3200) - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

YouTube channel - My attempt at a PC2 Career - a work in progress! - Trying other other racing content
    The following 7 users likes this Post: cluck, cpcdem, Haiden, John Hargreaves, Mad LL, MrTulip, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    I still find Pcars2 has a much better look than AMS2. Hard to explain but as said before Pcars has more vivid colors in it. Much more life like.
    Yesterday I did a couple of laps in the ..... car on Brand Hatch with both sims. Pcars a +1 for looks and AMS a +1 for FFB.
    I still like Pcars more, due to the variety of cars and tracks and looks. For FFB,sound and AI you have to go for AMS2.
    I agree. Not sure why, but PCars2 looks better to me, even with the AA issues. Can't say I like it more than AMS2, though. I was never really a fan of the PCars2 FFB, so that ruined it for me. You can totally feel the PCars DNA in the AMS2 FFB, but Reiza has done a much better job getting the fidelity and grip feel down.
    PC: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero| Intel I7-9700K 4.7 GHz | 32GB Ripjaws V Series | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Air Cooler | 1 TB Samsung Evo SSD x 2
    Rig: Accuforce V2, HE Sprint Pedals, SimLab GT1 | Alienware 34" Curved | Turn R20 U-Hub Combo, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR | CSS SQ | Oculus CV1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

The following user likes this Post: bporion

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    I agree. Not sure why, but PCars2 looks better to me, even with the AA issues. Can't say I like it more than AMS2, though. I was never really a fan of the PCars2 FFB, so that ruined it for me. You can totally feel the PCars DNA in the AMS2 FFB, but Reiza has done a much better job getting the fidelity and grip feel down.
    PCARS2 has in general more detailed models, better textures, more detailed track side etc, so it indeed looks better. Not by huge amount, but is definitely noticeable. And this is I guess the main reason why AMS2 runs in higher fps. But anyway, I much prefer to have so much less bugs and problems in AMS2, than the better gfx. It's only the popular content that I'm missing in AMS2.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I seem to be at odds with everyone else. PC2 actually runs at higher fps than AMS2 for me. Is AMS2 less buggy than PC2? Not so far IMO but I'm hopeful in the longer term. I even prefer default PC2 FFB to default AMS2 FFB. Driving the Caterham 620 I can feel when the front tyres are at their limit loud and clear in PC2 but not in AMS2. To be fair I've not played with the options but I was told Reiza FFB just works out of the box without the need to tweak anything.

I think there is hope for better quality graphics as things move forward. The converted AMS1 tracks are behind PC2 IMO but the new Kyalami track seems to have raised their game and the 2D trees aren't really an issue at that track. The Ginetta G55 seems identical to the PC2 car other than a new cockpit display, so I suspect we will be seeing some PC2 car models in AMS2.

Because I've given SMS such a hard time over their marketing of PC3 I feel its only fair I should point out Reiza are miles behind even their 4 month plan.

https://forum.reizastudios.com/attac...dmap-jpg.3776/

At least we can be sure of long term "support" because it takes them 2 or 3 times as long as they planned to finish anything.
    Last edited by David Wright; 30-06-2020 at 17:48.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    PCARS2 has in general more detailed models, better textures, more detailed track side etc, so it indeed looks better. Not by huge amount, but is definitely noticeable. And this is I guess the main reason why AMS2 runs in higher fps. But anyway, I much prefer to have so much less bugs and problems in AMS2, than the better gfx. It's only the popular content that I'm missing in AMS2.
    IDK... frames aren't an issue for me. My monitor runs at 120Hz overclocked, but I keep it at the default 100Hz, and can maintain that in all my sims. PCars2 and AMS2 both run very well. I agree that I prefer the more stable AMS2 to PCars2. I just wish AMS2 had a little more polish on the textures and environment. And I'd like to see more popular content, especially on the track side.

The following 2 users likes this Post: bporion, cpcdem