Page 93 of 110 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: Automobilista 2

Platform
    PC
    Just tested back to back and found that going under the banner at the start of Donington creates a "shadow" in the shape of the banner (a line) as the Caterhams go under in AMS2. In PC2, it creates a *reflection* on some colors but not on others. The chrome one in PC2 is nothing but reflections from everywhere..all the time. -So it's not a ray-tracing issue.
    Steam name: z1nonly Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/z1nonly172 YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Z1NONLY/featured
    Windows 10 / 3800X / GTX 1080 ti / 16gb DDR4 @3800 / HP Reverb Pro / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    I agree. That's what I meant about it feeling a little bland overall. I get that they were going for performance, but I do wish they had just made it a graphic option. I was hoping for a PCars look with better anti-aliasing. That would be gorgeous.
    Same for me. If I start Pcars and especially in 1440p, it looks so bloody awesome. Only the bad AA is a bummer.
    AMS2 looks flat, does not has the vibrant colours as Pcars and lacks more on contrast.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bporion, Haiden

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I just tested 100 skill and 100 aggression race with Super-V8 at Jerez (which now looks really great btw.) for an hour. It was extremely fun; AI fought back with the player as well as which each other, and everybody were switching places lap after lap after lap. Three cars wide on the straights all trying to latebrake each other in the next turn etc. It was like they were on steroids!

The version V0.8.0.2 was pulled for some AI issues (you can still find it under Steam beta options), but if there were AI issues they sure did not show up in that race.

I hope it was not just a freak race like you get in PCARS2 every now and then with correct cars on a correct track, but a taste of things to come overall.
    Intel i9-9900K | Asus Z390-H mobo | 32 GB 2400 MHz mem | nVidia RTX-2080ti | Soundblaster ZxR | TS-PC Racer wheel | TH8A H-shifter | Valve Index | Win10 64bit | Launch parameters: -pthreads 4
    The following 4 users likes this Post: BigDad, cpcdem, Mad Al, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiden View Post
    Yeah the livery thing needs to be tended to. It's an immersion killer for me when the cars have terribly fake or bland liveries. Makes it seem more like a game, instead of a sim. Right now, I'd like to see them work on the AI a lot more. It's terrible in some corners. I haven't really found a track that I can race the AI on in the Formula classes. At Red Bull ring they're like a funeral procession in the tight uphill corners.
    A quote from Reiza about liveries!

Area 51

"I've made 300+ logos during my time working on the F-Classics, Super V8's and the Ultima GTR Race. All of which have had to be cross checked for similarities to real world logos so we wouldn't get into trouble legally. :whistle: Doing it this way allows us to cover our back sides.

Any car skin you see now that resembles a basic AMS 1 type livery, it is more than likely on the to-do list for a redesign or to be replaced outright."
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: AOC 27" 1080p triples 5760x1080 / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Haiden, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    Just tested back to back and found that going under the banner at the start of Donington creates a "shadow" in the shape of the banner (a line) as the Caterhams go under in AMS2. In PC2, it creates a *reflection* on some colors but not on others. The chrome one in PC2 is nothing but reflections from everywhere..all the time. -So it's not a ray-tracing issue.
    Definitely not a ray tracing issue. Sims had decent reflections before RTX was even a thing.
    Last edited by Haiden; 06-04-2020 at 00:02.
    PC: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero| Intel I7-9700K 4.7 GHz | 32GB Ripjaws V Series | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Air Cooler | 1 TB Samsung Evo SSD x 2
    Rig: Accuforce V2, HE Sprint Pedals, SimLab GT1 | Alienware 34" Curved | Turn R20 U-Hub Combo, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR | CSS SQ | Oculus CV1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
    One thing I'm missing from reflections ( and that's on every game ) is seeing your own car in the car in front of you. This however should be fixed with ray tracing.
    Also I know there are 2 types of reflections, one created with what you see ( screen space reflections ) and another type for static objects ( I don't really know that much about it though, I don't even recall the name of it ), there is a possibility ams 2 still doesn't have the second type of reflections and when you go under the banner ( since you don't see it anymore ) you can't see it in the reflections of the car in front of you.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Killso2 View Post
    One thing I'm missing from reflections ( and that's on every game ) is seeing your own car in the car in front of you. This however should be fixed with ray tracing.
    Also I know there are 2 types of reflections, one created with what you see ( screen space reflections ) and another type for static objects ( I don't really know that much about it though, I don't even recall the name of it ), there is a possibility ams 2 still doesn't have the second type of reflections and when you go under the banner ( since you don't see it anymore ) you can't see it in the reflections of the car in front of you.
    AC had own car reflections in recent CSP builds, and I'm sure I've seen my headlights reflected on the car in front in AMS2!
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: AOC 27" 1080p triples 5760x1080 / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    AC had own car reflections in recent CSP builds, and I'm sure I've seen my headlights reflected on the car in front in AMS2!
    Really ?? I really wonder how they achieve to do that if that's the case since you don't see the front of your own car, I can't really test myself since I'm running vr and I don't have a screen ( and can't push the graphics too high in vr to get the best performance ). For the headlights, I remember seeing the light source on pcars 2 too in the reflections though.

Platform
    PC
    Really ?? I really wonder how they achieve to do that if that's the case since you don't see the front of your own car, I can't really test myself since I'm running vr and I don't have a screen ( and can't push the graphics too high in vr to get the best performance ). For the headlights, I remember seeing the light source on pcars 2 too in the reflections though.
    Pretty sure it was the "local reflections" (SSLR) setting in CM !

Platform
    PC
    Well this is AMS 2 from bonnet cam !
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1066890_20200406232847_1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	278864

Forget the weird angles , its just because its displaying my 56 degrees on a flat image But you can clearly see the car in front (me) and the pillars from the bridge we are going under reflected on the bonnet , that is me ahead , this is Ai bonnet
    Last edited by BigDad; 06-04-2020 at 13:39.