Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Automobilista 2

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    Now that's a surprise..not

I haven't yet really got into ED that much (too many other sims and games and not enough free time), but I saw your video review of the HP Reverb the day it went live and I thought you did a really good job with that, it was very professionally put together. I had been keeping an eye on the Reverb and left a comment on your video, something to the effect that there were none available and you replied suggesting they were coming in stock soon from what you'd heard, so I checked back and sure enough they were there on the HP site. Pulled the trigger there and then and got one of the first batch. Thankfully it has been well behaved and I've been very happy with it, amazing in PC2. That's why the name stuck in my mind, small world eh?
    Ah, gotcha - I thought it was sorta odd that someone would recognize my channel on this forum. Thanks for your kind words, that was the first hardware review I'd done so it certainly could have been better. I've since had time with the Pimax 5K+ and the Rift S, have had IRL issues so I haven't been able to put out videos on them. In short the Rift S is pathetic (minor resolution bump and not nearly as comfortable/elegant) and while I expected the Pimax to suck (I had the original 4K and it was awful) it really didn't - it's a one-trick pony but that one trick is pretty damned impressive. That said I constantly went back to the clarity of the Reverb - with the Pimax also being much more stressful on the GPU (since it's rendering so much more data). Combine those two and I get much higher visual settings in the Reverb added to it's clarity and you've got a winner.

If you're ever looking for anyone to race with we have a small group on our Discord who race from time to time (and have run a few 10 week series). We're Elite focused but I'll never stop racing. Here's the URL, feel free to ping me anytime: discord.gg/ScxyTS8

~X
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves

Platform
    PC
    Backers may want to check the content list, some new additions there (sorry everyone else )
    Tank's Motorsports and Gaming Media: https://www.facebook.com/Tank621/
    SAVE BELLE VUE STADIUM- https://www.change.org/p/save-belle-vue-stadium
    PC3/R Content List: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...and-Discussion
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621

Platform
    PC
    I think this one witll be worth it just on the cars and tracks we don't have anywhere else and if so probably not with the quality reiza can offer.

back that up with madness engine and the rest is history.

As i'm saing this I'm not sure i still know how to drive a car properly
    ---
    My feedback is always on default setup unless stated otherwise. Auto-Clutch is OFF
    Still hoping for Estoril one day

| CPU: i5 8600K@5GHz | GPU: MSI GTX1080 Gaming X 8GB (397.31) (OC: +70/+450) | Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-p
    | RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 GoodRam Iridium 2400Mhz | PSU: Corsair TX850M | OS: Win10 x64 | Sound: Onboard Realtek ACL887 | C:\>: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
    [B]| Monitor:[/B] 3x IPS LG23EA63 @5760x1080 (Bezel Corrected) -- HTC VIVE

| Wheel: CSWv2 + CSPv3(usb) + CSS SQv1.5 - (driver v310 - fw 455) | Damping: 100 | 900
    | In game: Deadzones: 0 |Sensitivity: 50 | Damping: 0
    | Wheel Profile: Sens: Aut | FF: 100 | SHo: 100 | ABS: 0 | Dri: OFF | For: 100 | Spr: 100 | Dpr: 100

| FFB: RAW|Gain: 100 | Volume: 50 | Tone: 50 | FX: 50 [B]

| Visual FX: Default except Interion Flare: Off
    | Performance - Aniso: 16x | MSAA: Medium | Vsync: Off | Grass: Low | Envmap/Reflections/Shadows: Low/medium/low | Car/Track: High | Blur: Off
    | E. Mirrors: Yes | Particles: High/High | SS: 1.2 | Sharpening Strength/Clamp: 0.6/0.045
    | Driving assists: ABS/TC, maybe - SC always OFF
    | CmdLine: -ffb600 -skipcrowds
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MrTulip, Tank621

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RomKnight View Post
    I think this one witll be worth it just on the cars and tracks we don't have anywhere else and if so probably not with the quality reiza can offer.

back that up with madness engine and the rest is history.

As i'm saing this I'm not sure i still know how to drive a car properly
    Honestly between Reiza's track record, the Madness engine and a very intriguing content list so far I think we re going to have one amazing game on our hands
    Tank's Motorsports and Gaming Media: https://www.facebook.com/Tank621/
    SAVE BELLE VUE STADIUM- https://www.change.org/p/save-belle-vue-stadium
    PC3/R Content List: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...and-Discussion
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621 Steam: Tank621
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, RomKnight

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    Honestly between Reiza's track record, the Madness engine and a very intriguing content list so far I think we re going to have one amazing game on our hands
    Which track record is this? The track record of producing the least popular racing sim by quite a margin? The track record of never meeting planned release dates and not just by a small amount but by miles?

When I bought the season pass, it included a car pack from a major manufacture, release July 2017. I'm still waiting 2 years later. Can you imagine the reaction to SMS delaying release of the Ferrari DLC to September 2020? Or Kunos delaying release of the 2019 Blancpain season update to 2021?

I am playing devils advocate to some extent and I appreciate the relatively small number of AMS fans really love it. I am looking forward to seeing what Reiza do with the BMW and McLaren licenses and their classic tracks. I am curious to see what Reiza do with the annoying aspects of PC2 such as the cut track system. I don't really have a problem with PC2s FFB but again am curious to see if Reiza can please those who don't like it. But I just don't see AMS2 as being the next big thing.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think it can very well be the next big thing, imagine PCARS2 without the <enter extremely bad word here> cut track system, without the curbs of death, without so many bugs in every single thing you are trying to do, hopefully also with a usable replay system (although I am afraid this will not be the case), with "nicer" (not saying more or less realistic) FFB, extremely "nicer" sound (same comment applies about realism) and even AI (that I do not care about) of AMS standards, wouldn't that be really a dream come true? It's mainly content I am worried about though, PCARS2 has really spoiled us in that front...
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bmanic, bporion

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    It's mainly content I am worried about though, PCARS2 has really spoiled us in that front...
    This is the critical issue IMO. They are a very talented team but very small too with limited funding for licenses. Being Brazilian based they naturally have a Brazilian focus and players on Steam peak in the early morning European time, indicating their primary user base is probably Brazilian.

I should have said that I am also looking forward to the extended support for AMS2. It will come at something of a price though with the base game and 2 years DLC forecast to cost $140.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
    This is the critical issue IMO. They are a very talented team but very small too with limited funding for licenses. Being Brazilian based they naturally have a Brazilian focus and players on Steam peak in the early morning European time, indicating their primary user base is probably Brazilian.

I should have said that I am also looking forward to the extended support for AMS2. It will come at something of a price though with the base game and 2 years DLC forecast to cost $140.
    I agree, but I think the price will be worth it, especially if it will mean more quality and content. I also think PCARS2 was worth A LOT more than the 60 or 100 euro we payed for, I wish there was a formula to give SMS a lot more money for what they created and what we were hoping they would improve on what they created, without having the problems of making it sound like PCARS2 is "too expensive".

Because what we ended up with PCARS2 with the current model, was IMO a year of "support" which actually created more problems than it solved, at least in the areas of the game that I am interested in, and at the end while technically there was a 12 month support period, very few of the major release day problems were improved. I hope the pricing model and support plan for AMS2 will make it worth to them to produce the refined diamond PCARS2 could had been. And hopefully they will get enough support and income so that they add as much content as possible.

Platform
    PC
    The content is what I'm looking forward too, I'm so sick of GT3 Monza, GT3 Spa that seems to be the staple in "sim racing".
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Philips BDM4065UC 40" 3840x2160p / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    It looks promising indeed.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad