Page 75 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Automobilista 2

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Probably not much, because they are at full throttle right now

Simple to fix definitely not, but it's all about dedication, determination and putting the resources to fix the bugs, that's all that's needed, when you have capable people. For PCARS2 there clearly wasn't much determination (IMO of course), at least not after the release of the game.
    I'm not sure that's entirely fair. Anyone who has been around these parts since 2011 will vouch for the level of determination, ambition and expertise displayed by SMS. Reiza are a great team, but they are only modifying the Madness engine, not building it from scratch. As David says, they have had long enough to fix what they need to if they had the capability. If SMS can be criticised, it's for falling short of a monumentally ambitious target in some places, but what they have brought to the genre along the way is pretty damn impressive to me. There comes a point where the game has to be shipped or wages don't get paid, and Reiza will be subject to this rule as much as anyone, they aren't magic.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 7 users likes this Post: bmanic, cluck, ermo, Mad Al, rich1e I, Sampo, wabi

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    I'm not sure that's entirely fair. Anyone who has been around these parts since 2011 will vouch for the level of determination, ambition and expertise displayed by SMS. Reiza are a great team, but they are only modifying the Madness engine, not building it from scratch. As David says, they have had long enough to fix what they need to if they had the capability. If SMS can be criticised, it's for falling short of a monumentally ambitious target in some places, but what they have brought to the genre along the way is pretty damn impressive to me. There comes a point where the game has to be shipped or wages don't get paid, and Reiza will be subject to this rule as much as anyone, they aren't magic.
    IDK... I think that's true for PCars1. But the PCars2 was SMS' opportunity to fine tune the title and work out the kinks. Many of the same bugs and issues were still present in PCars2. The terrible audio being one example. PCars1 was ambitious. But PCars2 was only as ambitious as they made it--even having the hindsight of the first development process. They knew what needed to be reworked, but chose to pile on features, many of which catered to a niche audience, in an already niche genre, and consumed development time that could (and should) have gone to fine tuning. And now they've moved on. They had a chance to make PCars everything it should have been. Had they addressed those issues instead of expanding the scope, PCars2 might be considered an almost timeless title. Instead, personally, I lost interest early on and rarely boot it up now. I believe that's what is meant by lack of determination. The primary focus always seemed to be on scope--being bigger and more flashy. Sure, quality was obviously a concern, but it always seemed secondary to scope. The basic equation of project management balances Time, Cost, and Quality. You can't change any one of those without affecting the others. If your costs are set, and you increase the scope without adequate development time, you are making a conscious decision to do so at the expense of quality.
    PC: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero| Intel I7-9700K 4.7 GHz | 32GB Ripjaws V Series | RTX 2080 Super, 8GB | Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Air Cooler | 1 TB Samsung Evo SSD x 2
    Rig: Accuforce V2, HE Sprint Pedals, SimLab GT1 | Alienware 34" Curved | Turn R20 U-Hub Combo, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR | CSS SQ | Oculus CV1 | BK LFE Mini x 2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following 6 users likes this Post: Bliman, bmanic, chastewand, ermo, GrimeyDog, John Hargreaves

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    All that I said is that SMS did not have much determination to fix the numerous bugs after the release of the game. I am very new here, was not part of any of WMDs, but still agree of course that Madness is an extraordinary engine with huge potential and it was the best news in sim racing world that SMS also licensed it to Reiza and hopefully others in the future as well.

But this does not change the fact that it is also extremely buggy and with many things that just don't work properly. I remember the day when PCARS2 was out, I could see of course the numerous bugs, but I did not mind at all back then, the potential was clearly there, I was super excited and I was sure it was just a matter of time until SMS refined it and fixed the problems to give us an incredible sim, but as we know this never happened unfortunately. Just having some new hope that it will be the Reiza guys that will do it after all, and judging by the big improvements they have already made in several aspects, I am cautiously confident about this.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Bliman, bmanic, ermo, John Hargreaves

Kart Driver
    Reiza will fix what needs to be fixed. Unlike SMS, they have a long roadmap (at least 3 years), high expectations, attention to detail, determination and long experience (although maybe not in networking).
    Just fixing difficult problems will take time. v1.0 will be the minimum viable product (though largely more than minimum regarding content) on which to expand.
    Last edited by bubbleguuum; 26-03-2020 at 18:10.
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    @BigDad

Tell me if you maintain 60fps with these settings,

Custom race on Brands Hatch.
    Date 30/11/2020
    Winter time 16:00 hours
    Clear weather
    Weather progression sync to race.
    3 slots, clear, light cloud, clear.
    29AI
    Same class
    Car P3. MetalMoro MRX Honda.
    Player last place on grid.

Visuals
    On
    Chroma
    Chroma
    Off
    Off
    Yes
    No
    No
    Yes
    On

Performance
    1080p triple,
    No
    High
    Anisotropic 16x
    Yes
    Medium
    Ultra
    Ultra
    Ultra
    Medium
    All
    Ultra
    Yes
    Off
    High
    High
    High

At the start it drops to 23/40 FPS. After the first corner back to 60 and then a mix from 60 FPS with drops to 45/50.
    Beta 6.
    I really do not understand that you can maintain 60fps.
    Ok I have a triple 1440p but the desktop res and game res are downscaled to 1080p.
    Do I miss something. When I start this setup but middays, I have steady 60fps

Edit:
    Just tested these settings in Pcars and I get a steady 60fps..
    Last edited by Olijke Poffer; 26-03-2020 at 18:33.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    I'll test this later today but I haven't found any places where it dips! But you probably have the only difference I have to those settings is I have high track and ultra particles so if it's going to dip it will for my slightly higher settings.
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: AOC 27" 1080p triples 5760x1080 / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    @BigDad

Tell me if you maintain 60fps with these settings,

Custom race on Brands Hatch.
    Date 30/11/2020
    Winter time 16:00 hours
    Clear weather
    Weather progression sync to race.
    3 slots, clear, light cloud, clear.
    29AI
    Same class
    Car P3. MetalMoro MRX Honda.
    Player last place on grid.

Visuals
    On
    Chroma
    Chroma
    Off
    Off
    Yes
    No
    No
    Yes
    On

Performance
    1080p triple,
    No
    High
    Anisotropic 16x
    Yes
    Medium
    Ultra
    Ultra
    Ultra
    Medium
    All
    Ultra
    Yes
    Off
    High
    High
    High

At the start it drops to 23/40 FPS. After the first corner back to 60 and then a mix from 60 FPS with drops to 45/50.
    Beta 6.
    I really do not understand that you can maintain 60fps.
    Ok I have a triple 1440p but the desktop res and game res are downscaled to 1080p.
    Do I miss something. When I start this setup but middays, I have steady 60fps

Edit:
    Just tested these settings in Pcars and I get a steady 60fps..
    Okay mate , you got it ! Couldn't keep 60 fps with those settings I cant play t that time of day anyway ! The shadows are just not nice then But i did test to see what settings i needed to get 60fps and i lowered both reflections to High and its 60 I cant even see a visual difference !!

I'm leaving settings like that now but raising back up MSAA for a while to see how that goes ! as i cant run with afternoon or morning long shadows ! Its just a bit rough looking for my liking ! When Reiza upgrade those and the AA its going to look freaking amazing .
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: AOC 27" 1080p triples 5760x1080 / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Okay mate , you got it ! Couldn't keep 60 fps with those settings I cant play t that time of day anyway ! The shadows are just not nice then But i did test to see what settings i needed to get 60fps and i lowered both reflections to High and its 60 I cant even see a visual difference !!

I'm leaving settings like that now but raising back up MSAA for a while to see how that goes ! as i cant run with afternoon or morning long shadows ! Its just a bit rough looking for my liking ! When Reiza upgrade those and the AA its going to look freaking amazing .
    Ah cool. Will test it as well.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    I know it's still not near close to finished and that a lot of you guys race mostly online, but how is the AI looking? Do we think it's going to be an improvement on the PC2 AI or is it going to inherit all the flaws?
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand

Platform
    PC
    There is still quite a lot of work to do, but it has improved during the beta phase so far. Current (v8) beta has balanced them a bit better, but depending on the car or track combination they are either way too easy or superhuman and impossible to race. The main problem generally is that it doesn't feel like they are driving the same car as you, they will be ridiculously slow into and through a corner, then get some kind of magic turbo boost on exit and sail past on the straight, so although their laptimes might match yours, the way they make that time is so far away from what you are driving it feels like a different race.
    There is currently nothing in the way of variation in behaviour, so they end up as an exactly spaced train through the race, but I think they haven't implemented racing each other yet, and I haven't seen any mistakes (other than massive pile ups into each other at turn 1), but not much running wide or outbraking themselves.
    So at the moment, AI is not very believable or satisfying to race, but Reiza seem very capable, so I think it will be good in the long term.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member