Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Christiaan's Pure FFB (Custom pCARS2 FFB File)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    I haven't come to notice the straigtening out part yet of acceleration, and to be honest I haven't really ever focused on it either.

If what you say is true than it's really sloppy of SMS to leave these easter eggs in the game like this. It shouldn't be in a finished product at all in my opinion.

I say the braking system myself but what I meant was how the braking system interacts with the tyres. As in a sequence of events... you step on the brake by an X percentage, the system calculates the deceleration from friction material / temperature / wear / etc, and than it somehow applies that deceleration onto the tyre. I believed that it was going haywire in that last part of the puzzle, but it could just as well be the tyres going bananas .

Although that said, if the braking system is directly applied to the tyre model than I still have issues with it.
    The problem being that it shouldn't as there is a rim that bolts to that brake disc to which the tyre is mounted. So the forces should not directly apply to the tyre, and the forces should only be applied in the longitudinal direction forwards and backwards.
    The only way it can act laterally upon the tyre is the brake disc is warped and causes a slight high frequency rotation (feels more like vibration due to its nature) of the steering knuckle and rim and with that the tyre has to just simply follow that.

The reason why braking becomes unstable is due to the difference in deceleration being achieved left versus right, in which case the car starts to pull more towards the more decelerating side. After which load transfers and the other tyre gets a bit more grip and so it can go back and forth. Which can have all manner of reasons... braking force applied differs between brake calipers, grip levels at the tyres differ, the diff causes engine braking to be distributed unevenly (often due to the former point of grip difference).

As for the standstill acceleration straightening the car up. It shouldn't do that either as again a difference in grip levels should affect the differential and thus the power distributed to the wheels, which causes the car to throw its rear end out. Which now that I think about it, it really doesn't happen in pCARS 2... does it?

In any case, the way it stands those cars affected are unworkable. The oscillation is definitely an issue for those with beefy FFB wheels, and the braking issue affects us all as it prevents trail braking. It ruins an absolutely great game in my opinion.
    Ive never noticed that on any car. Can you give me specific cars? Ill try them but I think I have run every car and never had this oscillation on any wheel.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce RTX2080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    Ive never noticed that on any car. Can you give me specific cars? Ill try them but I think I have run every car and never had this oscillation on any wheel.
    Pagani Hauyra BC is really bad and the Formula A does it minimally.

Make sure you have the low speed behavior disabled in your FFB file, because that applies smoothing and drag to remove it to an extend.
    Smoothing slows the signal execution speed down from my experience, and drag reduces the frequency of the oscillation to eventually zero.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I can only say WOW, and thank you soo much.

I've recently came back to project cars 2, continuing with my SP career, currently racing the GT4s with the Ford Mustang. And even after trying various FFB packs, I still couldn't get it dialed to my liking. The wheel always felt heavy with the self aligning FFB mushed/damped, while the effects, and road surface felt too agressive and sharp.
    I've only played with the GT4 Mustang so far, but this pack has fixed all the issues. The wheel feels light, the control feels sharp, and the FFB got the details I've always lacked in PCars2. I'm now able to throw the car around with precission and confidence I though I will never be able to in this sim. This has transformed the whole PCars 2 experience for me, and has allowed other parts of this sims (like the tyre model, and weather system) to finaly shine in a way they were supposed to.

Once again, thank you very much
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    i must be the only one who dont like this FFB file and i have tried like 4 or 5 different ffb files from different people
    i play with a thrustmaster T150 which has both gear and belt
    so no matter what i choose i always feel that i miss something from the force feedback
    thanks anyway other people are happy and thats what it counts
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by mesfigas View Post
    i must be the only one who dont like this FFB file and i have tried like 4 or 5 different ffb files from different people
    i play with a thrustmaster T150 which has both gear and belt
    so no matter what i choose i always feel that i miss something from the force feedback
    thanks anyway other people are happy and thats what it counts
    It's hard to please everyone and without a T150 myself I can't really fathom what it feels like for you. I wish I could and adjust the file so it feels good for you and others if possible, but yeah.

I do hope you'll find something you like though. Than again, maybe the game just isn't to your liking at all. Which could be of course. Luckily there are many good games out there... iRacing, rFactor 2, Automobilista and Assetto Corsa are the best ones out there.
    Some like Raceroom but I personally just can't get along with that one, like you with pC2. So we all have something like that and I just want to say that it shouldn't discourage you to enjoy sim racing itself.

Good luck in your quest!
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)