Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: Christiaan's Pure FFB (Custom pCARS2 FFB File)

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    It is a belt driven wheel. So I should start out with the belt driven files and of that the one with standard FX and no LSS.
    Thank you Christiaan!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Just thought I'd give some feedback. I use a thrustmaster t300rs gt edition and use the belt drive files. I mostly use Gt3 cars and the ffb works great on the nsx for example but if you use it on the lambo it's like having a broken wheel. Almost zero ffb. And that's at full gain and volume. Cheers.

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkplugsteve View Post
    Just thought I'd give some feedback. I use a thrustmaster t300rs gt edition and use the belt drive files. I mostly use Gt3 cars and the ffb works great on the nsx for example but if you use it on the lambo it's like having a broken wheel. Almost zero ffb. And that's at full gain and volume. Cheers.
    Would you mind trying the gear driven file and get back to me?

Also I reckon you meant the NSX GT3? And what Lambo?
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Would you mind trying the gear driven file and get back to me?

Also I reckon you meant the NSX GT3? And what Lambo?
    I tried it and it felt a bit wrong in the geared one. I really think the volume needs to be set to normal values and we can tweak on a car to car basis. The lambo is the huracan. The red ffb indicator doesn't register at all even in 100% gain and volume. In the nsx both on 100 I get about 50% red bar and that feels great. So far the Gt3 cars iv tested only the nsx gives ffb. The files got so much potential but I think the fact you set the volume to 50% has made it unusable for most cars. If I'm in the nsx i run your files but other cars I swap to raw. But I really appreciate the work that's gone into it so don't think I'm being harsh just offering some feedback.

Platform
    PC
    I tried it and it felt a bit wrong in the geared one. I really think the volume needs to be set to normal values and we can tweak on a car to car basis. The lambo is the huracan. The red ffb indicator doesn't register at all even in 100% gain and volume. In the nsx both on 100 I get about 50% red bar and that feels great. So far the Gt3 cars iv tested only the nsx gives ffb. The files got so much potential but I think the fact you set the volume to 50% has made it unusable for most cars. If I'm in the nsx i run your files but other cars I swap to raw. But I really appreciate the work that's gone into it so don't think I'm being harsh just offering some feedback.
    I drove the Huracan and I will probably split the belt and DD files, where the Belt files have the normal volume control again as per standard RAW and the gear files but without the tighten on center that the gear files have.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I drove the Huracan and I will probably split the belt and DD files, where the Belt files have the normal volume control again as per standard RAW and the gear files but without the tighten on center that the gear files have.
    Sounds a great plan. Did you find it the same on the t500?

Platform
    PC
    Sounds a great plan. Did you find it the same on the t500?
    Can't get to my T500 at the moment. The house is getting renovated so I had to put everything in boxes so that I can easily shift furniture around.
    So my apologies that I can't test it myself right now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Can't get to my T500 at the moment. The house is getting renovated so I had to put everything in boxes so that I can easily shift furniture around.
    So my apologies that I can't test it myself right now.
    No problem.

Platform
    PC
    New Release - Version 1.06: splitting Belt and Direct Drive files

So as per the above in V1.06 I split the belt and direct drive files and changed the volume behavior back to normal, as in back to how it is per in-game original flavours. So Volume 50 = 100% and Volume 100 = 200%. Advice for belt driven wheels is to use Volume 40 unless the cars feel too weak, like the issue was with the above mentioned Lamborghini Huracan GT3. In the Huracan GT3 case you might want to set Volume to 60.

You can download the lastest by going to the opening post in this thread or just following the link in my signature to that post.

Here's the changelog:

Christiaan's Pure FFB Changelog:
    --------------------------------

Gear Driven: Logitech G29 and older wheels with power transfer via an internal gear system
    Belt Driven: Thrustmaster T300 up to Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2.5 with internal belts to transfer power.
    Direct Driven: Simxperience Accuforce, Fanatec Podium, SimuCube, Simsteering (bodnar) and other systems where the wheel is directly attached to the motor itself.

Dictionairy:
    ------------

FFB: Force Feedback
    FX: Effects
    FFB Histogram: Force Feedback strength vertical line diagram as shown in-game in the overlaying telemetry display
    JSFX: Jack Spade FX (as used by fellow FFB file creator Jack Spade on the official Project CARS Forum)
    LSS: Low Speed Smoothing
    STDFX: Standard FX (as used in RAW by Slightly Mad Studios)
    Telemetry: the process of recording and transmitting the readings of an instrument

Changes:
    --------

v1.06:
    - Split Belt and Direct driven files
    - CHANGED: BELT DRV - changed volume control back to normal (i.e. as per RAW) as certain cars (e.g. Lamborghini Huracan GT3 are underpowered and needed more volume to compensate). New normal volume level is at Volume 50, old volume advice of Volume 80-85 should be around Volume 40 now.

v1.05:
    - Human Error Correction (All Files): Changed the histogram output before the hard-clipping, otherwise it would never register clipping on the FFB histogram in-game.
    - Gear DRV: Increased tighten to 0.14 (from 0.12) after reading user feedback.

v1.04:
    - Added versions with LSS (Low Speed Smoothing) and without for both wheels types 'Gear Driven' and 'Belts and DD', as some might experience their desks rattling apart. This is the original SMS LSS that you are familiar with, so nothing fancy, but it does introduce a faint background noise to the FFB signal.
    - Added subversions to the LSS folders in which you can pick to have either default FX or Jack Spade's FX.

v1.04 Beta:
    - Changed: Added histogram AFTER the FX are added but BEFORE the lock stops are added. This should show you now also how far the added FX will cause clipping so you can adjust the entire FFB signal accordingly
    - Changed: Repositioned the lock stops to the bottom of the file, so that it doesn't get affected by any other effect added later.
    - Gear DRV: changed FX for Jack Spade FX from alt-mid-comp to see if it's liked better by those with a Logitech wheel. (UNTESTED)

v1.03:
    - NEW: FFB files split into two categories... gear driven and belt/DD driven.
    - Gear DRV / CHANGED: Volume control increase from 100% to 200% to give more range
    - Gear DRV / ADDED: Tighten on center because the wheels have a bit slack in them.
    - Updated the FFB file names and made clear you can distinguish between both.

v1.02 - Hotfix 2:
    - Fixed another typo spotted in the sum of tyre and rack forces. Thanks to Projectcarsgame.com forum user FxUK for the report!

v1.01 - Hotfix:
    - Fixed: Tone control was set to also change Mx and My by mistake... now it should really again function as a balance control between Fy and Mz as per normal in Project CARS 2.

v1.0:
    - Changed: Tone control back to original state as per normal in every pCARS situation
    - Clean-up: Removed unused code for release

v0.04:
    - Fixed: Calculation error in the sum of forces. This can lead to a higher output of FFB, so you might wish to lower it some more
    - Changed: Volume has now a range of 0.0-1.0 again as in the first file, again to give more range now with the added forces.
    - Changed: Volume changes now feel slightly different. It's now controlling left_scale and right_scale that's multiplied with the tyre forces in the rack, instead of just controlling the overal output value of the sum

v0.03:
    - Disabled Low Speed Filter Out. This enables the natural fall-out of low speed force feedback from the Seta Tyre Model. SMS enabled this to prevent oscillation but with the addition of Mx and My forces this is gone
    - Disabled Autoscale as a precaution
    - Disabled Safety. A device safety feature to prevent the device from getting damaged due to extreme force feedback. It was causing issues on my end with gain not scaling correctly and making the force feedback feel weird at lower gain settings
    - Disabled Low Speed Smoothing
    - Disabled Mass Damper
    - Disabled Final Tighten (for some particularly deadzoney wheels). Not needed on belt driven wheels unless maybe older ones.
    - Disabled Anti-drag for now as not to interfere with the force feedback feel. It basically is the same but better than the DRI function on Fanatec wheels. Enable it again if you like, but you might have to set it up for your particular wheel for it to make sense

v0.02:
    - Now based on the automatically generated custom force feedback file
    - Added Mx and My again to the new file
    - Adjusted the Soft-Lock behavior to better lock the wheel, even when 100% force feedback is used
    - Volume control range is now again at the range of 0.0-2.0 (200%)
    - Disabled (not removed this time) anti-jolt.
    - Disabled Fx smoothing

v0.01:
    - FFB based on RAW
    - Added Rollover Moment (Mx) to tyre forces
    - Added Rolling Resistance Moment (My) to tyre forces
    - Changed Volume control range from 0.0 to 2.0 (a range of 200%) to a range of 0.0 to 1.0 (a 100% range), so that it correlates one on one with the volume slider values in-game
    - Removed FX smoothing
    - Removed all unused effects from the file
    - Removed all unused wheel specific adjustment settings from the file
    Last edited by Christiaan van Beilen; 14-01-2020 at 23:47.

The following 2 users likes this Post: PostBox981, Rolo F

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Great!!!
    I will try it asap!!!
    Thanks Christiaan