Page 47 of 57 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Christiaan's Pure FFB (Custom pCARS2 FFB File)

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by neefoo View Post
    Oh, I did not know! Thank you for the info! Im doing good with the Jack Spade + LSS version. =)
    BUT...there is a deadzone in the middle (G29). I know that could be reduced in Assetto Corsa, could this be fixed in PC2 as well?
    Are you using the gear driven file? Because in that the deadzone should be pretty much dealt with, although it's just a workaround in games. The deadzone is programmed into the firmware of the Logitech steering wheels from G25 onwards, which I know because I have an old Wingman Formula Force GP which albeit only having 270 degrees of rotation feels much better than any G-series wheel ever will.

If that's not enough though then edit the file and lookup this line and increase the first number to further tighten around center to reduce the deadzone:

Code:
    (output (tighten output 0.14 0.06))

Mind the deadzone will never be truly gone, and it's something you'll definitely take notice of when you get a new wheel of a different brand. It's like you're suddenly connected and in control, and this might not make you faster but due to reduced guesswork of what the car is doing you'll definitely become far more consistent and precise. So if you love sim racing then I'd definitely recommend saving up for a better wheel, because whilst Logitech is in every store there is definitely much better stuff out there. To be quite honest, even as a beginner I would nowadays avoid a Logitech wheel personally. A Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer or Fanatec CSL Elite bundle come to mind first, and of the two I prefer Fanatec because their quick release system is a 1000x times easier and does not come loose. Also the on-wheel tuning menu makes life a lot easier when wanting to adjust settings on the fly.

Anyway, that's all the tips I can give you. More than this can't be done in Project CARS 1 and 2 or in the near future Automobilista 2.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hello, Logitech G27 has selected Christiaan's Pure FFB v1.06 - GEAR DRV + LSS + JSFX profile. At the same time, vibration (oscillation) is present in the middle when rotating left and right. When using the Raw SMS profile, there is no oscillation. Maybe some parameters are redacted?

Platform
    PC
    Now that AMS 2 EA is out and since they even use a custom FFB file, can we hope that you will help that SIM as well to reach a full potential?
    Fanatec CSR Elite wheel and pedals, CSS SQ shifter
    OS: Window 10, 64 bit, Processor Intel(r) I5 6600 @ 3.5Ghz, Memory 16gb, Graphics Zotac GEFORCE GTX 1080 ti
    Oculus Rift CV1.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cote Dazur View Post
    Now that AMS 2 EA is out and since they even use a custom FFB file, can we hope that you will help that SIM as well to reach a full potential?
    I am afraid not. Apart from the FX stuff being nearly identical to pCARS 2 they seemed to have ripped out completely the tyre forces and rack related stuff. As in that it was completely deleted from the code of the game engine.

I already tried my file in AMS2 and see if any of the key components would still work by bringing it back to the bare minimum. Sadly I hate to inform everyone that there is no way anything related to pCARS 2 will work in AMS2 apart from those FX related parameters. Which apart from loaning Jack Spade's I personally left unaltered.

So yeah, unless they put the old system back in and maybe make it possible to blend the old with the new, or simply just use the old... no way I'll be able to help.

What I do want to note though is that the tyre forces and moments are unbalanced in AMS2, kinda similar to Jack Spade his way of doing things.
    This, depending on the car's suspension geometry and how that affects wheel alignment, will lead to weird force feedback behavior. Like for example in the Mitsubishi Lancer in AMS2 you get this weird tendency that the FFB suddenly countersteers by itself but acts as if there is zero resistance from the rubber on the ground.

Also one way I quickly guage the balance of tyre forces and moments is to actually drive a car in reverse. If it's unbalanced the car will feel as if the FFB gets inversed and instead of self-centering it will do the opposite violently. Which is totally unrealistic behavior as any car you reverse in real life will not start to pull on the wheel in such manner.
    I know you shouldn't need reverse unless you are head first in a stack of tyres, but this together with the erratic behavior of certain cars is are for me known indicators that there is an imbalance within the tyre force and moment information being fed through the forcefeedback system.

For now I only can hope more parameters will be available in the FFB files in the future or that Reiza improves their force feedback behavior in the right direction.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PC
    Christiaan thank you for your detailed answer. The depth of your knowledge on the subject will never cease to amaze me. I agree their is an “imbalance in the force”, I am hoping a Jedi will be able to help.
    I hope your safe and doing well in those troubled time.
    Fanatec CSR Elite wheel and pedals, CSS SQ shifter
    OS: Window 10, 64 bit, Processor Intel(r) I5 6600 @ 3.5Ghz, Memory 16gb, Graphics Zotac GEFORCE GTX 1080 ti
    Oculus Rift CV1.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cote Dazur View Post
    Christiaan thank you for your detailed answer. The depth of your knowledge on the subject will never cease to amaze me. I agree their is an “imbalance in the force”, I am hoping a Jedi will be able to help.
    I hope your safe and doing well in those troubled time.
    Perfectly fine over here. No issues and no I don't wash my hands like a nutter either, even when a family member works in a hospital.
    I am only getting mental about the 1.5 meter distancing and the need to have individual shopping trolleys or baskets. Not even in the hospitals are they as strict as in the shops here. Which means fear rules in society, and sadly they can rules through fear as well.

Man... this Corona stuff is even worse then the fear for AIDS in the 80s and 90s. I mean, back then the only fear was putting it in and getting it but now you can't even get near a person.

This isn't the first time this happened though. Many old European cities still have the bones in the mines and catacombs under big cities and/or like London, Paris and the Stephans Dome in Vienna. Victims of the Black Plague that ones spread across Europe like Corona does now.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    I am afraid not. Apart from the FX stuff being nearly identical to pCARS 2 they seemed to have ripped out completely the tyre forces and rack related stuff. As in that it was completely deleted from the code of the game engine.

I already tried my file in AMS2 and see if any of the key components would still work by bringing it back to the bare minimum. Sadly I hate to inform everyone that there is no way anything related to pCARS 2 will work in AMS2 apart from those FX related parameters. Which apart from loaning Jack Spade's I personally left unaltered.

So yeah, unless they put the old system back in and maybe make it possible to blend the old with the new, or simply just use the old... no way I'll be able to help.

What I do want to note though is that the tyre forces and moments are unbalanced in AMS2, kinda similar to Jack Spade his way of doing things.
    This, depending on the car's suspension geometry and how that affects wheel alignment, will lead to weird force feedback behavior. Like for example in the Mitsubishi Lancer in AMS2 you get this weird tendency that the FFB suddenly countersteers by itself but acts as if there is zero resistance from the rubber on the ground.

Also one way I quickly guage the balance of tyre forces and moments is to actually drive a car in reverse. If it's unbalanced the car will feel as if the FFB gets inversed and instead of self-centering it will do the opposite violently. Which is totally unrealistic behavior as any car you reverse in real life will not start to pull on the wheel in such manner.
    I know you shouldn't need reverse unless you are head first in a stack of tyres, but this together with the erratic behavior of certain cars is are for me known indicators that there is an imbalance within the tyre force and moment information being fed through the forcefeedback system.

For now I only can hope more parameters will be available in the FFB files in the future or that Reiza improves their force feedback behavior in the right direction.
    What from your observations into the custom file what can you/would you change for a better experience?
    PC Specs

• LCD x1 - 1920 x 1080p @60Hz
    • Oculus Rift
    • i5- 6600k, Gigabyte GA-Z170
    • GTX 1060 6GB,
    • Corsair DDR4 32GB @ 2400Mhz
    • Win 10
    • Thrustmaster TX

Part Of RWB Racing

https://discord.gg/b7g9wGf

https://raceapp.eu/RWB#/Community/RWB

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Daynja View Post
    What from your observations into the custom file what can you/would you change for a better experience?
    At first glance there isn't much to change for a better experience. All the relevant stuff that I find to be faulty seems to have been tucked away under the hood where I can't access it.

What I currently do is use the following settings in-game and they're as good as it gets... mind this is on the CSWv2:

Wheel setup:
    - FOR = 120% (or turn up any other brand wheel's global force by 20%)

In-game
    - Steering Sensitivity = 100%
    - Flavour = Default
    - Gain = 65%
    - Low Speed Boost = 0%
    - FX = 0%

The steering sensitivity at 100% seems to tighten up the otherwise sloppy force feedback quite a bit. On the debate if it's linear or not... i'll leave that to you.
    Last edited by Christiaan van Beilen; 05-04-2020 at 21:46.

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    At first glance there isn't much to change for a better experience. All the relevant stuff that I find to be faulty seems to have been tucked away under the hood where I can't access it.

What I currently do is use the following settings in-game and they're as good as it gets... mind this is on the CSWv2:

Wheel setup:
    - FOR = 120% (or turn up any other brand wheel's global force by 20%)

In-game
    - Steering Sensitivity = 100%
    - Flavour = Default
    - Gain = 65%
    - Low Speed Boost = 0%
    - FX = 0%

The steering sensitivity at 100% seems to tighten up the otherwise sloppy force feedback quite a bit. On the debate if it's linear or not... i'll leave that to you.

The sensitivity is a weird one. Tried it in de the Caterham 620R and it was fine, but on the P1 (fun car BTW) twitchy as hell. Could have something to do with some roadcars which have less steering sensitivity around in the neutral steering angle. If there is one thing I'd like to 'fix' in my 330i, it would be A) constant steering ratio(so not less sensitive for the first degrees) and B) even with that a faster rack.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, Fanatec Universal Hub, SQ V1.5 Shifter, CS Handbrake V1.5 , V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 3900X, 55" UHD LG/Vive, Denon AVR-3808

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    The sensitivity is a weird one. Tried it in de the Caterham 620R and it was fine, but on the P1 (fun car BTW) twitchy as hell. Could have something to do with some roadcars which have less steering sensitivity around in the neutral steering angle. If there is one thing I'd like to 'fix' in my 330i, it would be A) constant steering ratio(so not less sensitive for the first degrees) and B) even with that a faster rack.
    Maybe it's because I am used to one of the fastest racks (but not THE fastest rack) BMW offers in my E46 Compact, plus my previous car being an Alfa 156 which has one of the fastest racks in a normal production road car ever that I am used to highly sensitive cars.

The problem is that with steering sensitivity at 50 I can seesaw on the steering wheel like mad and I would still be going straight. The car response is there indicating there is enough bit, but basically it is followed by slow weight transfer after that.
    The result of this is that the car never gets out of control when doing crazy inputs like that. No matter if it's a Caterham, Lancer or a Formula Reiza.

So it could be I am also working around bad Physics with this one, on top of improving FFB feel.
    Personally I can't believe Reiza already launched a game in this sorry state. During Project Cars 2 development this would be the state the game was in after 6 months if I recall correctly, so still a baby pre-Alpha development state.