Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Christiaan's Pure FFB (Custom pCARS2 FFB File)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    So a maybe better way to make the steering feel heavier right now (instead of multiplying the sterring force left and right by 1.5) would be to decrease the steering arm angle. Interesting. Might try bot and see which one offers a better result.

Regarding the tone, obviously it is 0.5... i was using 50 in my head... facepalm moment...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Christiaan's Pure FFB v1.04 Beta

As per the above request by girarcat I made some alterations to the file and copied Jack Spade's FX settings over to the Gear Driven file for all those Logitech wheel users to try out, so not for you BELT/DD users... I left that alone.

That's not to say I didn't make changes to that file either. The other two changes are for both files. Basically I moved the histogram lower in the file so that it also shows the output of the FX on screen, which it didn't do earlier. Which should make it better and easier for users to dial in their FFB.
    Also the second change is that I changed the position of the lock stops and put them at the very end of the file, so that they are added and not altered, limited or otherwise affected. So this should improve the feel of the lock stops for everyone.

Just a warning... it is completely untested. So if it's not working my apologies but just roll back to v1.03 if that's the case until can issue a fix to the issue.

Edit 13:52 3-7-2019: I forgot to add the files... my bad. Should be there now.
    Works great!!! on my logitech g29, I am using 75% volume and only have to turn that down with some older vehicles. On the Lotus 49 I can keep the 75%. Thanks Christiaan.... it makes my performance better and much more fun to drive...
    Win 10 PC, PCars2 installed on SSD
    I7 4790 - GTX 970 - AOC AG352QCX - UltraWide Gaming Monitor
    Windows 10" tablet with Z1 Dasboard - AOC 27"monitor with 3 instances Z1 Dasboard
    Logitech G29 - TrackIR 5.0 - Logitech G13 as button box - Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Headset
    Wheelstand Pro Sharkoon SKiller Gaming Chair Buttkicker Gamer 2 (Simvibe)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MartinMWWebb, MrGold

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I tried the regular version with my TS-PC (formula rim) and I don't quite get it... the steering seems much lighter in general, but turning it up doesn't do much. I see a lot of comparisons to the FFB in Assetto Corsa, but it's nothing like AC IMO. Is there something I'm maybe doing wrong?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Well, no. I managed to get the 650S GT3 feeling amost like like rFactor 2's but other cars don't work so well (hence why I modified the files to give 1.5x the forces and doing some more tests). What people mean is that you can feel tyre loading and so you can avoid spins much more easily because you get more information. Problem is that due to the wide range of torque between belt driven systems, the TS-PC feels a bit lighter than say a CSW v2.5 or a DD.

For GT3 cars, try 80-100 on gain and 50-60 on tone. FX I like it at 20 but ymmv.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Tried the FFB files with 1.5 multiplier. Much better. Like really get the same level of feel on GTEs as in rFactor 2... Except for some engine vibration. Hard to explain but GTEs in rFactor 2 feel slightly better. with this multiplyer braking feels more connected too. I was missing out! Next I will try lowering the arm angle.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post

Update:
    I also found another weird braking bug while having that brake bias at 0/100 (Front / Rear). When you're on a perfectly straight road and keep the wheel perfectly straight, locking up those rears will cause a weird pull on the center of gravity, which makes the car come around. Yet it doesn't do this when you go into reverse and do the same thing. Which is weird as you're basically dealing with a fixed axle with fixed alignment.

So in my opinion the braking system in Project CARS 2 as it stands is a buggy mess of rubbish, which I am really sorry to state, that could potentially be great as it can handle different disc and pad compounds and has awesome temperature formulas to really add to heating up your brakes.

In short this means that... brake bias forwards means more oscillation and front lockup, brake bias rearwards means less oscillation but car coming around because of how it affects car balance in a weird way without you even having any steering input. Last but not least... the rear-end braking issue makes trail braking impossible.
    As others have said, you can trail brake in PC2 without spinning.

Try another sim. Pick a car without ABS. Move the brake bias as far back as you can (most other sims won't let it go as far as 100% rear.) Try the same test as you did with PC2.

Platform
    PC
    Hi Guys! Is there a way I can turn down the rumble effect on the G27? I think it is linked to road noise. It's not I don't like it, the problem is that it makes a lot of "real world" noise.
    - processor Intel Core i7 920 D0 2.66Ghz @ 3.60Ghz - cpu cooler Noctua NH-12UP - moderboard ASUS Rampage II Extreme
    - memory OCZ Platinum 1600Mhz 3x2GB - SSD Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - HDD RAID0 2x500GB Seagate 7200.12 & 320GB Samsung SpinpointF1 - powersupply Corsair 750W TX
    - vga EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ 4GB GDDR5 - chassis CoolerMaster HAF 932 Mod - monitor DELL 2209WA 22" - webcam Microsoft Life Cam Cinema 720p
    - controller Logitech G27 & Xbox 360 Controller - mouse Logitech G9X - mousepad Razer Goliathus Fragged M - keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X6 - headphone Shure SRH440
    - microphone Zalman ZM-Mic1 - soundcard Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality - OS Windows 10 x64 Pro

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Becker View Post
    Hi Guys! Is there a way I can turn down the rumble effect on the G27? I think it is linked to road noise. It's not I don't like it, the problem is that it makes a lot of "real world" noise.
    They way the G27 internals structured, I suggest you move FX between 0-5 at most. It should get rid of the infamous G27 rattling.
    All platform and wheels: Official Force Feedback Guide
    Info: pCars 2 Tire Pressure Official Guideline | Wheel FFB guide

Steering: G27 | My In-game FFB:Immersive 100/30/60/5
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ermo, MrGold

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by poirqc View Post
    They way the G27 internals structured, I suggest you move FX between 0-5 at most. It should get rid of the infamous G27 rattling.
    Thanks a lot, problem solved!
    - processor Intel Core i7 920 D0 2.66Ghz @ 3.60Ghz - cpu cooler Noctua NH-12UP - moderboard ASUS Rampage II Extreme
    - memory OCZ Platinum 1600Mhz 3x2GB - SSD Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - HDD RAID0 2x500GB Seagate 7200.12 & 320GB Samsung SpinpointF1 - powersupply Corsair 750W TX
    - vga EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ 4GB GDDR5 - chassis CoolerMaster HAF 932 Mod - monitor DELL 2209WA 22" - webcam Microsoft Life Cam Cinema 720p
    - controller Logitech G27 & Xbox 360 Controller - mouse Logitech G9X - mousepad Razer Goliathus Fragged M - keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X6 - headphone Shure SRH440
    - microphone Zalman ZM-Mic1 - soundcard Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatality - OS Windows 10 x64 Pro
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ermo, Fiyah, poirqc

Platform
    PC
    So i had a quick go with V1.04 last week, thought i would post my initial feedback.
    All was done with the GT3 AMG (Default SMS Loose setup) / Road America

Running 100/50/50/50
    Good - Cars felt good, i could 'feel' more of the road through the wheel
    'Bad' - i couldnt seem to feel when the car was losing control, i had several spins, riding curbs i seemed to be unable to control the car

Running 100/50/50/30
    Good - immediately the cars felt more like i thought they should, i had confidence in when the rear may be about to snap and could correct
    'Bad' - There seemed to be a bit of play in the wheel like there was a dead zone of a couple degrees - would like this to be more 'solid'

Running 100/50/50/0
    As above just i wasn't getting any feel of the road also (as expected)
    CASE: Define Mini C TG l MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M DH3 l CPU: i5 8600k @4.8 l COOLER: Celsius S24 l GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 @1911 l RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz l SSD: 4x 250GB l OS: Win 10 Pro x64 l WHEEL: Logitech G29 l SHIFTER: Logitech G Driving Force l VR: Oculus Rift CV1 l Screen: LG 55" 4k TV
    Steam ID: MartinMWWebb