Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Christiaan's Pure FFB (Custom pCARS2 FFB File)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by oli65 View Post
    I tested this file from Christiaan with my Fanatec DD1 and it feels more live and better texture, but the main issue from pcars 2 remains; to feel, when the car is loosing the grip. Compared to AC I tried so many settings and I can not do it to get a good feeling for grip los.

Does anyone have this and what are the ingame and wheelsettings?
    I use the 1.04 beta file with multiplier 1.5.
    (left_scale (* 1.5 volume left_scale))
    (right_scale (* 1.5 volume right_scale))

Wheel is Fanatec CSL Elite+ with settings:
    SEN 1080 (auto)
    FF 100
    SHO 0
    ABS User Preference
    FOR 110
    DRI -2
    SPR 0
    DPR 0
    BRF User Preference
    FEI 30-40

In Game:
    Gain: 100
    Volume: 75-85 (GT3 and GTE)
    Tone: 50
    FX: 1
    Controller Damping: 15

I have much better control with this FFB compared to other custom-ffb.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you Christiaan, I applied this today and really noticed the improved FFB. Im new to sim racing, coming from flight sims, and to Project CARS 2. I have been really enjoying Project CARS 2 and your files makes it even better. Thank you very much.
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hello!

First.. Christiaan, hope your root canal is better now

Sorry for the long writing, but I would like to take a few lines to express my frustration... and in advance sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

I'm new in all this!! I have read a LOT, and still lost (about 3 threads of 154 pages each + google + other forums)... I use to be happy with my +10 years G25 and GT6 and the PS3... and (pretty long story.. use to modify cars, weekend races, etc..) I bought a few weeks ago a Fanatec Bundle (CSW v2.5 + SQ Shifter + v3 pedals) + a VR "thing" + a new notebook (yes yes yes.. better a build computer, but I need a notebook for my work).. the story is quite extreme because in my country Fanatec is not sold.. so... harder to get one... have to modify my cockpit... and so on...

Long story short I was expecting something as real driving a car... reality.. frustration, second thought about all this... then I found this thread... I have hope...

I have some questions... hope someone with the same wheel could help me, really I will appreciate some help, would make things a bit faster I hope.

Questions:

1) What setup should I use in the Fanatec Wheel? (SEN FF SHO, etc) - CSW V2.5

2) Yesterday I try Wheelcheck + some google shets and I get the following values:
    DDR= 0,04
    DRF= 0
    SCOOP KNEE = 1
    SCOOP REDUCTION = 0,2
    For what I read in the "other thread" I should do the following in THIS case also??

Deadzone exactly like this in the file:
    (output (tighten output 0.04 0.00))

Scoop is is not in the files yet, so you need to copy/paste this line right after the compressor:
    (output (scoop output 1 0.10))

3) Where and what is the compressor mentioned above?

4) Any other suggestion to change in the Christiaan file?

5) In-game recommended setup? something to start with?

I'm looking for the most realistic experience, focused on time attack and in the future online racing.

I hope someone could help me seems that at least one in this thread has the v2.5.

Thanks a lot!!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Hey Rolo i have a 2.5 too. Currently i use the Settings file wich can be found in Post number #289.
    The only Change i made is on the last line change output gain form 2.0 to 1.0.

Wheel settings are
    Sen 900
    FF 85
    Sho 100
    Abs 80
    Dri -0.2
    For 100
    Spr Off
    Dpr Off
    Fei 100

Ingame Settings (german but i correct order)

Typ Custom
    Amplitude (Gain??) 100
    Intensitt 45
    Ton 50
    Fx 20

i also mapped the FFB Strength to the Knob on the Wheel. These settings work for 90% of the cars i tested. Sometimes i have to turn up or down the FFB Strength by one or two clicks on the wheel.
    I use the Porsche RSR918 Wheel. If you have a smaller one the FFB maybe to strong or heaver one maybe too low. Adjust FFB Strength accordingly.

Everything works fine so far, except some small Osciliation on some cars, and the wheel is very heavy to turn if the car stands still. But as soon as it moves everything feels good.

I hope i could help you.

Regards
    The following user likes this Post: Rolo F

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Just one word!!!

T H A N K S ! ! ! ! ! !

Work awesome... much better than other stuff I have tried (probably the problem is me behind everything (99.9% sure of that)

I read this today early in the morning and I slipped away to try it for a few moments (I have commitments with my family and children... actually in the middle of one now..)

I didn't add the deadzone code line... I will try that (I should just copy and paste both lines?

My experience (McLaren F1 at Spa), I can't notice when the front wheels lose traction (understeer) and the stripes (red /white ones... forgot the name in English).

Today night I will keep testing this... I have a smile on my face right now! Thanks for the info.

If someone could recommend something to get more feedback on those 2 things I will appreciate it... or what to test...

Thanks again!!

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Rolo im glad i could help you atleast a litte. Wich wheel do you use?

I dont know about the deadzones sorry. But usually Deadzones on the Wheel are not good, but maybe it would help against the osciliation or against the heavy wheel when standing, but i read its got something to do with a broken code of the cars breaks.

in general bear in mind pc2 ffb is still a mess. It will never reach the level of ACC for example. Simply the FFB core mechanic is broken.
    Im pulled between both games.
    I love the FFB of ACC, but it has very poor VR Performance and a lot less content.

I love PC2 for the variety of cars, nice graphics and good performance. It feels overall well smoothed out. The menus, the settings etc. Only the FFB is very bad.
    Luckily im blessed with a 3Dof motion seat and get enough other feedback, so i settled with PC2 butt still even with this tweeks and my motion seat i get angry sometimes that they handicapped a very good game by messing up the most basic core mechanic. Dirt 2.0 had the same problem but they already made huge improvements, while the work on pc2 stopped and i know we will never get a good FFB.

Tomorrow i will do a test run without motion so that i can focus more on the wheel, and share my expirience

Edit: removed bad words
    Last edited by Spectrobe; 13-10-2019 at 16:32.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrobe View Post

I dont know about the deadzones sorry. But usually Deadzones on the Wheel are not good, but maybe it would help against the osciliation or against the heavy wheel when standing, but i read its got something to do with a broken code of the cars breaks.

in general bear in mind pc2 ffb is still a mess. It will never reach the level of ACC for example. Simply the FFB core mechanic is broken.
    I love the FFB of ACC, but it has very poor VR Performance and a lot less content.

I love PC2 for the variety of cars, nice graphics and good performance. It feels overall well smoothed out. The menus, the settings etc. Only the FFB is very bad.
    Luckily im blessed with a 3Dof motion seat and get enough other feedback, so i settled with PC2 butt still even with this tweeks and my motion seat i get angry sometimes that they fucked up a very good game by fucking up the most basic core mechanic. Dirt 2.0 had the same problem but they already made huge improvements, while the work on pc2 stopped and i know we will never get a good FFB.

Tomorrow i will do a test run without motion so that i can focus more on the wheel, and share my expirience.
    The wheel is heavy when still because the tyres are not turning, the same as a real car irl.
    All ffb wheels oscillate hands off, try it in a real race car and you will likely get the same result, depending on setup.

Your post is full of swearing and weasel words.
    Last edited by Zaskarspants; 13-10-2019 at 11:31.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Platform
    PS4 Pro

Luckily im blessed with a 3Dof motion seat and get enough other feedback, so i settled with PC2 butt still even with this tweeks and my motion seat i get angry sometimes that they fucked up a very good game by fucking up the most basic core mechanic. Dirt 2.0 had the same problem but they already made huge improvements, while the work on pc2 stopped and i know we will never get a good FFB.

Tomorrow i will do a test run without motion so that i can focus more on the wheel, and share my expirience.
    Mind the language please, this is still a PEGI 3 forum...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

I bought the Forza motorsport wheel bundle, I don't know if it the best option for the money, but in the moment seem to be the most... all-rounder.

For what I have read seems that as you say the problem is the FFB engine... I'm also sorry about that, it has lots of tracks, cars, and good graphics...

You are right, I have oscillations standing still with the F1, I have tried an entry-level open wheeler, don't remember the name, 0 oscillation standing still, in this occasion a feel a bit disconnected of the rear end of the car (probably with the VR that get a bit solved).

I put a bit more volume to the setup, sometimes I feel it a bit weak.

Until now a nice setup.

Let me know what you get about your tests. Thanks a lot

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Sorry about the swearing.

At Zaskarspants
    When I say the wheel turns heavy I mean really heavy. Maybe realistic on really old cars. But I doubt a BM
    Wm6 with servosteering feels like a tractor in real life when standing.

About the oscillating. I drive a impreza wrx and yes if I go 150 kmh and let the wheel go it might start slightly oscillating. But please show me a car in real life where the wheel starts oscillating like a wild elephant when going 20 kmh or even standing. If you have enough time on your hands go for the Jack Spades thread and read trough it. Someone there explained really good that the root of the weirdly oscillating on some cars is caused by breaking mechanics and can't be fixed with ffb tweaks.

At this point I'm not sure if you just a hardcore fanboy or just never have driven any real car.

Anyone who defends pc2 ffb is just out of his mind.

At rolo

I asked about the wheel because the weight and diameter change the feeling of the ffb. Smaller wheel means strongefeedback. Heavier wheel means less feedback.
    I use the porsch918 wheel wich is on of the lightest. Maybe the forza wheel is a little bit heavier. Also ffb is a little bit of personal preference.

Regards
    The following user likes this Post: Konan