Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Christiaan's Pure FFB (Custom pCARS2 FFB File)

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Just tested the file 1.4 for the first time.Im amazed at how well you created the feeling of being behind the wheel. don't fix to much. Test at Dirt Fish. You'll be able to get the feed back you've been looking for.
    The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDudeMan View Post
    Just tested the file 1.4 for the first time.Im amazed at how well you created the feeling of being behind the wheel. don't fix to much. Test at Dirt Fish. You'll be able to get the feed back you've been looking for.
    Thanks for the compliment.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hello!!

I have some time so here goes the long story, maybe it will help someone...

When you are comfortable with something, at least in my case I'm not too persistent in changing things... I've found a sweet spot with 1.03 and some small changes and I was 100% happy... CSW V2.5, driver 328 and firmware 662, motor FW 22

My numbers:
    SEN 900
    FF 85
    SHO 100
    ABS 085
    DRI -02
    FOR 100
    DPR OFF
    BRF 050
    FEI 100

Volume 65
    Tone 50
    FX 20
    and the last number 0,20

I wanted to try FanaLab... all started there. I have to update to the Beta driver 347 and firmware 664 Motor FW 22 (same) and then started my nightmare (for a short time)... The 1.03 version was really bad... so I updated to 1.04 without LSS and standard version (the "too much detail end just in noise, make sense to me")... So I tried it with the Car & track I was using the last session, the F355 and Barcelona, it was too soft, I could feel now the road and some details I wasn't used to... but it was a "good" idea but badly performed... I need more strength, so I put FF to 100 and... Better but still missing something, then I change the volume to 85 and... WOW!!!!

After 5 laps, 1 full second faster than my best time... I know in real life it's a bit "softer" but this helps me control better the car.

This is what I was looking for when I bought all this stuff (CSW V2.5, V3 pedals, SQ V1.5 shifter, and PC2) Thanks!!... a lot
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen, wabi

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    After i saw this i thought id give pcars2 another try, but i dont really feel any difference, I almost feel nothing going through turns. Catching slides depend purely on sound and visuals, which is why i ditched it in the first place. The only time i Really feel the Ffb is When Holding still, going really slow and hitting bumps. I actually Got better ffb playing gt5 on PS3 and grid on pc, so surely im doing something terribly wrong. Any ideas please? i really want to play this game because it has so many great tracks. Using a t300 by the way.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurphd View Post
    After i saw this i thought id give pcars2 another try, but i dont really feel any difference, I almost feel nothing going through turns. Catching slides depend purely on sound and visuals, which is why i ditched it in the first place. The only time i Really feel the Ffb is When Holding still, going really slow and hitting bumps. I actually Got better ffb playing gt5 on PS3 and grid on pc, so surely im doing something terribly wrong. Any ideas please? i really want to play this game because it has so many great tracks. Using a t300 by the way.
    I don't know your wheel and how is the setup of it, but maybe some setting? FFB strength? I hope someone with your wheel could help you...

Copy / Paste from another site:
    1. Download the txt file
    2. Rename the file to ffb_custom_settings.txt
    3. Replace the default one in [My Documents/Project CARS 2]

My personal FFB settings

Thrustmaster Driver
    Rotation/Angle: 1080
    Gain: 100
    Constant: 100
    Periodic: 100
    Spring: 100
    Damper: 100

Game Settings
    Flavour: custom
    Gain: 100
    Volume: 50 (40 - 50) Steering Forces
    Tone: 50 (30 - 50) Wheels Weight
    FX: 50 (50) Road Textures

Hope it helps

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the reply. Ive already replaced the text file, and i can see its installed under the telemetry hud, so I assume that its working. My settings are actually almost the same as yours, except i always keep the gain in the thrustmaster driver around 70, otherwise it's always clipping, at least in ac and rf2. But maybe it's different in pcars. Maybe i just haven't found any of the good cars yet, but so far my experience is nothing like what most people are describing here, and I find that a little peculiar. I'll try and mess around a little more, i'd hate to give up on all those nice tracks. Anyway I appreciate the answer.

Platform
    PC
    Any recommended settings for a Thrustmaster TX ?
    I've just updated to the latest version too

Ignore that.
    I found I was using the Gear ffb, and my wheel is some dual belt thingy.
    I went with your defaults again and just reduced/added a little here and there.
    Last edited by RobPhoboS; 09-12-2019 at 10:36.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hello all, This is a sort of "off-topic" question. I'm the only one that with the Caterham SP 300 with rain and with rain tires has more grip than slick over dry surface? I make almost the same time..
    Did I've found an error?
    Thanks!!

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolo F View Post
    Hello all, This is a sort of "off-topic" question. I'm the only one that with the Caterham SP 300 with rain and with rain tires has more grip than slick over dry surface? I make almost the same time..
    Did I've found an error?
    Thanks!!
    Really off-topic question and to be honest to you, I've never tried to compare before and lack the time. Maybe someone else have a couple of cents left to add to this.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PC
    Fanatec driver v352 and Fanalab v1.23:

NOTE: This concerns only Fanatec wheel owners!

As you guys might know a new Fanatec driver has come into being that has changed the force feedback behavior affecting ALL of their Fanatec wheels and not just their Podium direct drive offerings.

Here are the links to said software over at the Fanatec website:

Driver v352: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion...ses-all-wheels
    Fanalab v1.23: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion...-feedback-here

In my opinion the most noticible changes are:

- FFB commands now get send with increased resolution of 16-bit (65536 increments) instead of 8-bit.
    - Improved latency of FFB effects going to the motor by ~20%.
    - Fixed electrical end stop when reaching max steering angle building up too early.
    - Improved Natural Friction calculation.
    - When changing SEN the selected steering angle will be smoothly enforced within 5seconds to prevent rapid movements of the wheel.
    - Improved Spring Effect calculation
    - Improved Damper Effect calculation

Whilst the "Spring Effect" is only used to center the wheel in the in-game menu's it shouldn't be utilized elsewhere, and the "Damper Effect" isn't used at all. Although these might be used more heavily in other games, mostly so in Euro and American Truck Simulator who rely heavily on these two.

The other improvements are massive though.
    The increase of FFB signal resolution really shines in high-frequency effects in any game. Road noise, curb noise and all of that jazz. My recommendation turn FX off
    The improved end stops might be handy for those drifters among us, as there will be less bounce on that electronic stop.
    The improved Natural Friction calculation makes the wheel a lot smoother, even for those older wheels with more inherent friction. My recommendation here is to switch DRI=off!
    Lastly the improvement to SEN changes... anything that prevents oscillation from occurring has my vote. Although do mind that this doesn't get rid of the brake bug effecting the oscillation at standstill in certain cars, so those using the LSS-files (Low Speed Smoothing) might want to stick to their guns, but feel free to try out the file without for the sake of having a look.

That said... I've tested file v1.04 on my end on the Fanatec Clubsport Wheel v2 (some tried... Cars: Lotus 78, Redbull Mazda, Porsche 911-GT1, Porsche 919, Porsche 911 Carrera, Ferrari 288 GTO, Honda Indycar. Tracks: Mugello, Spa Francorchamps, Le Mans, Bathhurst, Watkins Glen) and now the file shines even more than it did before. Especially due to the increase in resolution and improved natural friction.

In this case I would like to quote a certain F1 driver...

Lastly I want to take the chance and wish everyone of you a Merry Christmas and a prosperous and healthy New Year for you, your family and your loved ones.

Kind regards and see you on the flip side,

Christiaan van Beilen
    Last edited by Christiaan van Beilen; 25-12-2019 at 02:17.

The following 6 users likes this Post: audi_glaze, Konan, Olijke Poffer, PostBox981, RobPhoboS, Rolo F