Greetings - I just bought and installed Project Cars 2 on my gaming PC but I cannot get any sound from the game at all. NOTE that all of my other games (F1 2018, Forza Horizon 4, lots of COD's) all work fine. I have a custom gaming rig with ASUS Z87-WS MB, ASUS Nvidia GEForce GTX1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, numerous SDD drives, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit. NO sound card. I use just the S/DPIF digital audio HD device by default. Again, I have no audio issues with any of my other games. They all work perfectly. I have tried the following so far:

* Uninstalling and reinstalling PC2 (via Steam) several times now.
* Checked and checked again the audio settings in PC2 (the only available device is S/DPIF digital audio HD device, the master volume is set to 10, etc.)
* Run Windows 10 safe mode to eliminate as many drivers and other software conflicts as I could
* My last Windows update was Jan 2019 so it's not the absolute latest

The only thing that I can think of that I haven't tried is to do an update of Windows 10 to the very latest version. I'm always hesitant to do this because more often than not Microsoft breaks something that was working perfectly fine in the previous version. And I seriously doubt that's the issue here.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on here?

Thanks in advance - Mark