Thread: G29 brake pedal problem.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

G29 brake pedal problem.

Hi guys, i was playing pc2 yestetday when all of a sudden the brakes engaged without me pressing the pedal. I recalibrated the pedals but issue persists. Tried pc1 and all is fine. Any advice much appreciated

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I had the same problem a while back. It was dirt in the actuators (? - whatever they are called). The solution was to take apart the pedals (I know, daunting) and spray some WD40 into the place where the electronic gizmo thingy is. There are a couple of videos on YouTube. Fixed the problem immediately. It's happened to me twice. Same fix, same happy result. There are lots of screws on the G29 - which I have, but otherwise it is a pretty easy job if you follow the YouTube video, anyway. One time I had to take apart the whole mechanism and clean the electronic whatevers (as you can see, I'm not very technical). The other time, I just sprayed in WD40. There seemed to be a debate about whether to use WD40 or something else. It worked for me and I've had at least a year of use since the last time I had to do it.
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    PS4
    Electrical cleaning fluid is probably better. Like wd40 but doesn't leave a residue (ethanol-based I think).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Xx-Rickdj82-Xx, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I have the same problem with my brake pedal, I used a product called Air Duster, basically compressed air in a can but its for use on computer equipment ethanol based like hkraft300 mentions, also started using his ffb settings the other week and my wheel feel a lot better for it, thanks hkraft300 for sharing them
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Have a look at the HUD with the Speedo on. The red lines around the dial show the pedal input, if either are filickering you need to clean those pots. I found I had to do mine every six months roughly.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: Xx-Rickdj82-Xx

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    Have a look at the HUD with the Speedo on. The red lines around the dial show the pedal input, if either are filickering you need to clean those pots. I found I had to do mine every six months roughly.
    I haven't cleaned mine in >1year!
    I vac around the rig often though.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    No cat I bet, it was mostly cat fur that bunged mine up.
    My fanatec pedals are much more fluff resistant, no pots, hall effect sensors.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    No cat.
    We get dust though. Concrete supply place up the hill and lots of recent roadworks. Horrible to keep cars clean and my dumbarse has gone bought 2 black cars hadn't I
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following 2 users likes this Post: MartinMWWebb, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Dont think i have cleaned mine since having them (2-3 years ago now) we have dog + cat + children & they are stored in a dusty garage i must be pretty lucky
    CASE: Define Mini C TG l MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M DH3 l CPU: i5 8600k @4.8 l COOLER: Celsius S24 l GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 @1911 l RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz l SSD: 4x 250GB l OS: Win 10 Pro x64 l WHEEL: Logitech G29 l SHIFTER: Logitech G Driving Force l VR: Oculus Rift CV1 l Screen: LG 55" 4k TV
    Steam ID: MartinMWWebb