Thread: Wheel pulls to left or right at low speed

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Wheel pulls to left or right at low speed

In a race, at the start or at standstill (actually at a speed of 0-20 km/hrs, thus below 20 km/hrs) the wheel quite violently pulls to full left or full right, upon slightly off-centering the wheel. This happens every time the speed is 0-20 km/hrs. At higher speeds, 20 km/hrs and higher, the wheel behaves normally. This is quite distracting at the start of a race.

The wheel is a Fanatec CSL Elite F1 wheel (on PS4), and the issue started after the latest firmware update. However, the issue is unfamiliar to Fanatec's Technical support. They believe it is caused by an ingame force feedback setting.

Any ideas??

Platform
    PC
    Is it with all cars?
    Have you tried resetting your controller profile?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I have just tried different cars, from road cars to formula cars, and the issue is indeed for all cars.
    I have also tried resetting the entire controller profile, and tested the default profile, the issue remains.

A year ago I had a similar issue, the wheel pulled to the right at low speed (below 4 km/hr). That was solved by setting deadzone removal fall off to 0.01. Now I tried every value for the deadzone removal fall off, but the issue remains.

Platform
    PC
    Sounds to me that you should try and revert to the previous firmware version and see if that makes the issue go away.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    The previous firmware version had other problems. Further, I do not know what my previous firmware version was (I know, should have checked)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by quinto55 View Post
    The previous firmware version had other problems. Further, I do not know what my previous firmware version was (I know, should have checked)
    You could download different driver versions from the Fanatec forum/website, and try the firmware contained in each driver. Going to a previous version step by step you can verify in which version the issue was introduced.