Thread: Weird controller deadzone

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Weird controller deadzone

Hey guys I just recently got project cars 2 and I play on a pad/controller. I had 10-15 world records in project cars 1 with formula A and LMP1 cars, I was very good but one thing I've noticed in project cars 2 is the controller deadzone.

Even with the controller deadzone at 0, I still have to move the stick 30% till the car starts turning.
    Coming from project cars 1 there was only a 5% deadzone if not any.
    I know that a controller is hardly comparable to a wheel but surely if a wheel has no steering deadzone (naturally) then a controller should also have full range of steering?

If players want steering a little deadzone that's fine but 0 steering deadzone should mean no steering deadzone at all.

On Assetto Corsa, F1 2018, GT sport, driveclub and other racing games they have full range of steering. I don't get why project cars 2 doesn't?
    Last edited by Eddytt96; 08-06-2019 at 16:38.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddytt96 View Post
    Hey guys I just recently got project cars 2 and I play on a pad/controller. I had 10-15 world records in project cars 1 with formula A and LMP1 cars, I was very good but one thing I've noticed in project cars 2 is the controller deadzone.

Even with the controller deadzone at 0, I still have to move the stick 30% till the car starts turning.
    Coming from project cars 1 there was only a 5% deadzone if not any.
    I know that a controller is hardly comparable to a wheel but surely if a wheel has no steering deadzone (naturally) then a controller should also have full range of steering?

If players want steering a little deadzone that's fine but 0 steering deadzone should mean no steering deadzone at all.

On Assetto Corsa, F1 2018, GT sport, driveclub and other racing games they have full range of steering. I don't get why project cars 2 doesn't?
    The controller was a heated debate in PCars 1. I loved it because I had good settings but a lot of guys complained and complained loudly about how twitchy and sensitive the controller was. So it was changed for PCars 2. I actually liked PCars 1 controller settings for exactly the reasons you speak of. The controller is the way it is because this is what the community asked for.

Bliman if your reading I was going to put this in your thread "Sliding Cars and Sims" but I decided to just write it here. I do feel exactly what you feel with the slidey car physics and thats where these 2 threads come together. I think PCars is built better for a FFB Wheel but what guys dont get is how very good PCars is built for a controller especially the Xbox controller. On a controller you just dont have the steering accuracy of a wheel for average guys and you dont have the braking and throttle modulation of a pedal set. Everthing on a controller happens faster in most cases than a wheel and pedal set which actually can become a big advantage once you get the car grounded underneath you.

For me once I have good controller settings I can generally get the car to rotate more thru tuning to help compensate for lack of steering range. Thru tuning I can generally get the car to fit my play style and input method which is the controller. On controller I feel we have to do a little bit more to get the game to work for a controller than wheel guys do. So while I have felt the slidey or unconnected feel of the cars on controller it is 1 of the first things I attack when I start working on the car.

I like a car that will plant and go. I like a very responsive car to my inputs and I have been able to bend PCars physics around my style. This is absolutely one of the best parts of PCars the ability to bend the game to you the driver and not be forced into any particular way to play the game. This is why I always tell guys dont let anybody tell you how to play PCars find out what you like as a driver and how you want to play as a driver and then make that way work.

PCars gives that option. Thats why we have all these options. It is about you the driver.
    Last edited by DECATUR PLAYA; 08-06-2019 at 18:53.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks for explanation !

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by escobarrr View Post
    Thanks for explanation !
    ^NP

Eddytt96 try increasing your sensitivity. I just read your post again. If you want something closer to PCars 1 you have to move the steering deadzone and steering sensitivity together. Down on the deadzone Up on the sensitivity will make the stick more sensitive. Moving the deadzone will not do it alone. Its really not that much different from PCars 1 it just starts in a more friendly place for the average driver. Seeing as you have held FA world records I see why you like sensitive quick steering. Things you can do with a pad and the FA car are incredible.
    CAR AIN'T GOT NO ROOF!!!!! - Young Dro

All difficult things have their origin in that which is easy, and great things in that which is small - Lao Tzu