Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The TEAM PURPLE thing

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Palma
    Posts
    3
    Platform
    PC

    The TEAM PURPLE thing

    For all of you who don't know the TEAM PURPLE thing, this is a guy called ^1!^5C^3hrist ^5I^3n ^5A^3ction that just rams people, he joins the game and stays on the middle of the road and when your coming he just rams you, today I've experience this thing another time but this time there were 2 guys: ^1!^5C^3hrist ^5I^3n ^5A^3ction and pyro(something else), of course I got out of the race because they rammed me 3 times and the other players. Why can't we permanently ban this type of people? It is disgusting how these guys payed 60 for just ruining the other players' experience.

    Watch out for these guys and try to kick them from the game if possible

  2. #2
    Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    12,564
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloVilla View Post
    For all of you who don't know the TEAM PURPLE thing, this is a guy called ^1!^5C^3hrist ^5I^3n ^5A^3ction that just rams people, he joins the game and stays on the middle of the road and when your coming he just rams you, today I've experience this thing another time but this time there were 2 guys: ^1!^5C^3hrist ^5I^3n ^5A^3ction and pyro(something else), of course I got out of the race because they rammed me 3 times and the other players. Why can't we permanently ban this type of people? It is disgusting how these guys payed 60€ for just ruining the other players' experience.

    Watch out for these guys and try to kick them from the game if possible
    You really should put in a complaint on Steam...SMS can't really do anything about online rammers.
    Or maybe join a league...always good racing in a controlled environment.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: rich1e I


  3. #3
    GT4 Pilot Charger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,002
    Platform
    PC
    Well known, avoid at all cost.
    'Racers Without Borders'
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/RW...GINTERNATIONAL
    https://discord.gg/b7g9wGf
    http://rwbracing.club/
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)

  4. #4
    Kart Driver Rodgorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    15
    Platform
    PC
    Hi, I think we all experienced such situations.
    There was a point when I "lost" all my safety rating due to the rammers.
    That's why I'm planning to start a "clean" dedicated server project - posted a new thread about it.
    Follow the link if you are interested.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...r-(Poll-inside)

  5. #5
    WMD Member Asturbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Asturias / Spain
    Posts
    1,103
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloVilla View Post
    For all of you who don't know the TEAM PURPLE thing, this is a guy called ^1!^5C^3hrist ^5I^3n ^5A^3ction that just rams people, he joins the game and stays on the middle of the road and when your coming he just rams you, today I've experience this thing another time but this time there were 2 guys: ^1!^5C^3hrist ^5I^3n ^5A^3ction and pyro(something else), of course I got out of the race because they rammed me 3 times and the other players. Why can't we permanently ban this type of people? It is disgusting how these guys payed 60€ for just ruining the other players' experience.

    Watch out for these guys and try to kick them from the game if possible
    Pablo, only for curiosity, what reputation level has this guy?
    If he ussually is doing such things, he should have a low reputation and he can't join ranked lobbies. The problem is that most public servers has reputation diabled.
    It would be nice that for PCARS3 reputation would be mandatory in all public servers and only could be disabled for private ones.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list
    The following user likes this Post: rich1e I


  6. #6
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,992
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    Pablo, only for curiosity, what reputation level has this guy?
    If he ussually is doing such things, he should have a low reputation and he can't join ranked lobbies. The problem is that most public servers has reputation diabled.
    It would be nice that for PCARS3 reputation would be mandatory in all public servers and only could be disabled for private ones.
    Disagree with this, because sometimes it is nice just to go into a race knowing that you can 'get away' with mistakes. You are also more likely to get 'rarer' cars have fuller grids in these races.

  7. #7
    GT3 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    3,388
    Platform
    PC
    It's easy to make sure if these and other guys are trolls or not, just check their statistics (via "compare profiles" when you click on their name). Those particular ones have a online race completion rate like 10% or so... And their skill ranking is also very very low obviously.

    Their "tactic" is to behave very well during qualifying, so people do not kick them at that stage, when it is easy to do. When I see them, I do warn people to kick them in advance, but it rarely works. Them, when the race starts, they just starting trolling around, crashing everyone, and that's when it is incredibly difficult to kick them, because what you need to do is to park your car, hit ESC, go to the lobby screen, find the trolls in the list, vote to kick him, and wait and pray that another 10 or so people will do so as well. If the game had support (as almost every other game does) to vote to kick while driving, without needing to briefly exit the race, the situation would had been so much better.

    When I am in a lobby with those, I try to warn everybody and tell them to kick them with the above procedure, so we can get rid of them. A few times it has worked, but unfortunately usually it doesn't, in which case what some of us do is crash the idiots first, we throw them out of the track, so they cannot do that to others. It is easy to out manouver them and send them flying themselves, it's really fun. Btw, I've been in races where I've been crashing people like that dozens of times, and I still never lost my S rating...

    Lately there's another thing, there's a particular guy that we kick out of lobbies, but then he can join back right in (before the race starts), repeatedly. I thought that once you kick someone, he's not able to join back...Not sure if this is a bug with him or he has found a loophole...
    Last edited by cpcdem; 09-06-2019 at 10:56.
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo


  8. #8
    GT5 Pilot rich1e I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1,214
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Honestly, if you write in chat that there's a (group of) known rammer(s) in the lobby and people don't react, then I'd leave the lobby. Have I mentioned the SR thing before?
    That's my biggest gripe with PC2, people still aren't using this useful feature and have basically ruined online racing. Not trolls or the lack of host kick nor the penalty system have ruined it, people did!
    I've noticed many times, if you go to the online lobby screen there's exclusively non-ranked and U lobbies available. Now, if you open a lobby yourself and set a higher safety rank, obviously very rarely more than 2 people join, you shut the lobby down and afterwards you actually see some D or even B ranked lobbies sometimes, so I think people just do what other people do. It could be a coincidence, I don't know, but I noticed this a few times.
    Anyways, I almost gave up, I really have no idea what people are thinking and why they're not using the rank system for some cleaner racing, it's beyond me.

  9. #9
    WMD Member Asturbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Asturias / Spain
    Posts
    1,103
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    If the game had support (as almost every other game does) to vote to kick while driving, without needing to briefly exit the race, the situation would had been so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Lately there's another thing, there's a particular guy that we kick out of lobbies, but then he can join back right in (before the race starts), repeatedly. I thought that once you kick someone, he's not able to join back...
    Interesting proposals. Programming buttons for "yes" and "no" would be nice. Both things added to the "Wish list"

    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    I really have no idea what people are thinking and why they're not using the rank system for some cleaner racing, it's beyond me.
    People are afraid of loosing reputation, so they preffer play in unranked lobbies and not compromising the reputation they have got. As you say, it doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 09-06-2019 at 21:20.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem


Similar Threads

  1. Purple/Magenta Selection Bar?
    By rraisley in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-01-2017, 10:29
  2. His purple majesty is no more...
    By Konan in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22-04-2016, 14:35
  3. Lap time HUD (purple laps and sectors anyone?)
    By Finexi in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-07-2015, 11:54
  4. Lighting/bloom issue - Purple spots on my screen
    By xitorrito in forum PC - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 23:23
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-05-2015, 16:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •