Thread: Rammer-Free, Pre-configured (poll-based) Dedicated Server (Poll inside).

Platform
    PC

Lightbulb Rammer-Free, Pre-configured (poll-based) Dedicated Server (Poll inside).

Hi fellow simracers!

We all enjoy this game, we all want fun, competitive and trouble-free multiplayer experience. But...
    There is always "but".

My personal multiplayer experience was uneven so to say - it's either great enjoyment or complete disaster if I happen to encounter rammers in a lobby.
    I even created a thread with a couple of possible solutions to discuss, but unfortunately it was too late - the development cycle for the game was already over.

Despite this the idea of rammerless racing experience still persisted in my mind. That's why I've decided to run a "clean" dedicated server.
    And by "clean" I mean that I'll monitor the feedback from players and blacklist the reported rammers, provided there is an evidence of such behavior.
    It will take some time and input from the community, but from my point of view it's quite achievable.

So a few words about how I see the server:

Server mission: Provide 24/7 fun, fair, competitive racing experience for everyone!

How?:

* The server will run 24/7 with scheduled nightly or bi-nightly resets (10 mins downtime).
    * Available to everyone based on competitive license rank - no passwords.
    * The server settings, track rotation, car class will be determined based on the following opinion poll.
    * Rammers will be punished - provide strict evidence (video/replay, etc.) - and the culprit will be blacklisted.

If you love this game as much as I do and you are interested in such a project, please, go through the opinion poll ( https://forms.gle/j4Uy6rottpVjTkxY7 ) and spread the word to your friends.

Further info on the server will be provided in this thread.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Asturbo, MartinMWWebb, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    PC
    Hi everyone!

Some news:

Server is up and running Name is ~zFNS Racing (GT3, F1400)~ - should be at the the very bottom of the list. I haven't received quite enough poll results to define the one-for-all sever configuration, but the trends are as follows:

GT3 & GTE classes are on top.
    Races length: 15-20 mins or 10 laps
    Performance impacting damage with Ghosted cars
    Weather: Sunny or Cloudy, no Rain.

That's how the server is configured at the moment.
    The track rotation is: Zolder, Nurb, Catalunya, Algarve, Laguna Seca, Hockenheim, Brands Hatch, Imola, Bathurst, SUGO

Go through the poll - give me more data to build the dream rotation

Superkart Pilot
    Great initiative. Just done the survey/

Platform
    PC
    Survey done. I have similar idea some weeks ago and I made public one of my servers.

I set reputation in C1500 with a rotation of 8 circuits and 10 laps, but not many people joined in the last weeks.

One design issue we have is that in the online browser, you don't see the reputation until someone is logged in the server. It would be necesary that it appears in the list to difference the safer lobbies before logging, even when are empty.

Other desirable thing for your iniciative is a good blacklist of rammers, but it's not easy to obtain. We can't publish gametags in a public forum for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Asturbo; 25-06-2019 at 20:57.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700K | GPU: nVidia RTX2080 | RAM: Gskill 2x8GB DDR4 3200 | MB: Asus ROG Strix Z370 | SSD: Samsung EVO 970 500Gb | Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P UW WQHD | Wheel: Fanatec CSW 2.5 | SO: Windows 10 Pro 64bits
    WMD1 & WMD2 Gold Member /// Steam Profile /// Unofficial Issue List /// Button Box Label Template /// DS Flags Calculator /// Open Weather App /// DS Config Samples /// Google Standings /// PC3 wish list

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Asturbo View Post
    Survey done. I have similar idea some weeks ago and I made public one of my servers.

I set reputation in C1500 with a rotation of 8 circuits and 10 laps, but not many people joined in the last weeks.

One design issue we have is that in the online browser, you don't see the reputation until someone is logged in the server. It would be necesary that it appears in the list to difference the safer lobbies before logging, even when are empty.

Other desirable thing for your iniciative is a good blacklist of rammers, but it's not easy to obtain. We can't publish gametags in a public forum for obvious reasons.
    Yeah, the abcense of class of server rank requirement is annoying, I put those two into the name of the server to solve this issue in some way.

Don't really see a problem with gametags - sharing replays/videos/screenshots isn't prohibited. Gametags, if needed, can be sent via private messages, e-mail, discord - you name it. There are a lot of options to share this info.

Platform
    PC
    Hey all,

Quick update for the survey results, currently they show the following picture:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-07-01 12_44_31-Poll Results.xlsx - Excel.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	269396

I'll update the server settings in a couple of days.
    The following user likes this Post: Asturbo

Platform
    PC
    This sounds good - is the server up and running 24/7 now?
    CASE: Define Mini C TG l MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M DH3 l CPU: i5 8600k @4.8 l COOLER: Celsius S24 l GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 @1911 l RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz l SSD: 4x 250GB l OS: Win 10 Pro x64 l WHEEL: Logitech G29 l SHIFTER: Logitech G Driving Force l VR: Oculus Rift CV1 l Screen: LG 55" 4k TV
    Steam ID: MartinMWWebb

Platform
    PC
    Yup, it's running!
    The following user likes this Post: MartinMWWebb

Platform
    PC
    Well, I am flying home as I type and this gives me a reason to come Back to PC2, I will check it out today for sure!!!

EDIT: I hopped on PC2 yesterday and didn’t see the lobby, it it still active? I noticed the last post before mine was a week old or so...is it PC?
    Last edited by supremedk; 09-07-2019 at 12:26.
    PC2 user SLOWLEAK Fanatec : Trakracer : Alienware : GTX1080TI : RIFT