Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 270 degree screen setup...

Quote Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya View Post
    To me it seems the scale of the side "monitors" are larger than your center screen, almost like it is try to render more viewable area than the center screen. Also the angle between your side screen and center screen is too shallow (meaning you try increasing the angle in the game). 2 things I would try based on what I see from your images.

Set your side screens to smaller size monitors (trying to zoom the image on the sides to match your center screen).
    Increase the angle on your side "monitors, almost like your monitors are at a sharper angle, closer to you on the sides.

Hope that helps, good luck.
    so I made changes to the screen size and the angles, it made no difference,
    if I run Pcars2 with single monitor everything lines up, but obviously looks wrong because of stretching the image over the 3 screens....it would appear that the warping software is doing its job if that is the case, otherwise i would expect the spanned screen to be wrong as well....
    CPU i7 8700K @ 5GHz | Mobo Asus Strix Gamin 370-F | RAM GB32 3600Hz | GPU Strix 2080Ti OC | OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Wheel SimUCube large Mige, formula rim, BMW rim, Thrustmaster SQ and Handbrake with heusinkveld PRO 3 pedal kit. all bolted to a DIY aluminum profile rig, 3 x ASUS predator 1080p projects and 1 x ASUS x34P curved screen

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Can you set multiple warping profiles?
    i7 4960X / Asus P9X79 PRO / 32gig DDR3 G-Skill RipjawsX in quad channel / Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti Gaming OC / tripple Asus PG27VQ monitors / nVIDIA 3D Vision / Crucial MX500 x2 in RAID0 / Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe / Windows 8.1 PRO

Platform
    PC
    May be turn OFF the warping software the set up the 3 DLP projectors as 3 individual monitors and use PCars to control/setup them up like you would any 3 monitor setup?
    What line?
    PC: Ryzen7 2700x, RTX 2080 Ti, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD HD, Oculus Rift, Vive Pro and HP Reverb
    Wheel/Pedal: Fanatec Clubsport wheel, pedal, shifter and handbrake

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya View Post
    May be turn OFF the warping software the set up the 3 DLP projectors as 3 individual monitors and use PCars to control/setup them up like you would any 3 monitor setup?
    Itll look like shit because of the curved screen, which is the reason he is using the warping software in the first place.

Those projectors are consumer grade units and designed specifically for displaying on flat screens. It takes a reasonably expensive commercial grade unit with the correct lens fitted to use a digital projector on a curved screen without some sort of external manipulation software.
    i7 4960X / Asus P9X79 PRO / 32gig DDR3 G-Skill RipjawsX in quad channel / Gigabyte RTX 2080Ti Gaming OC / tripple Asus PG27VQ monitors / nVIDIA 3D Vision / Crucial MX500 x2 in RAID0 / Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe / Windows 8.1 PRO

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Either way you do it, you wont be getting a full 1920x1080 out of any of those 3 projectors, so im not sure if the manipulation software accounts for the loss in pixels available for use.

Quote Originally Posted by Casethecorvetteman View Post
    Either way you do it, you wont be getting a full 1920x1080 out of any of those 3 projectors, so im not sure if the manipulation software accounts for the loss in pixels available for use.
    Pcars is the only thing i have found to have the issue so far, if i run it in single screen mode the image matches fine, its only when put into tripple screen that i have the sizing difference on the screens.
    as said in a previous post assetto corsa, AMS, R3R, RF2 and anything else i use match the screens fine, its only when tripple monitor mode is set in PC2 that the issue happens. is a very strange one for sure.
    CPU i7 8700K @ 5GHz | Mobo Asus Strix Gamin 370-F | RAM GB32 3600Hz | GPU Strix 2080Ti OC | OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Wheel SimUCube large Mige, formula rim, BMW rim, Thrustmaster SQ and Handbrake with heusinkveld PRO 3 pedal kit. all bolted to a DIY aluminum profile rig, 3 x ASUS predator 1080p projects and 1 x ASUS x34P curved screen

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Flameshades View Post
    Pcars is the only thing i have found to have the issue so far, if i run it in single screen mode the image matches fine, its only when put into tripple screen that i have the sizing difference on the screens.
    as said in a previous post assetto corsa, AMS, R3R, RF2 and anything else i use match the screens fine, its only when tripple monitor mode is set in PC2 that the issue happens. is a very strange one for sure.
    Yes its unusual, being this is a full digital setup it should all be a constant. Things like this are very easy to correct using an analog CRT projector, the convergence systems in the higher end models could pretty much be made to display correct geometry with no change in resolution on any reasonable display surface, and multiple different memory blocks could be saved to account for things like this.

Having rebuild the screens to new sizes I'm still having this issue... Contacted both the warping software people and Bandi and nobody can tell me why this is happening. Need a mod to chime in really

does anyone have any info on how to connect with Pcars support? i have Pmed a mod but no reply as of yet
    just wondered if anyone has had any luck....

thanks
    Gary

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Flameshades View Post
    does anyone have any info on how to connect with Pcars support? i have Pmed a mod but no reply as of yet
    just wondered if anyone has had any luck....

thanks
    Gary
    Probably unlikely to hear much based on various things ive read over the years...