Thread: SUPER glad I didn't buy into RTX just yet.

Platform
    PC

SUPER glad I didn't buy into RTX just yet.

It looks like (if rumors are correct) that there is even a 2080Ti variant and the current 2080Ti will be reduced to 2080 prices, lol
    I know you can always wait and never get anywhere, but seriously, RTX 1st gen always looked like a short lived generation hey.
    Thank goodness for competition
    https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject....ng-monsters%2F
    This will be just in time for my 2 years of owning my 1080Ti
    Last edited by BigDad; 13-06-2019 at 04:45.
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC @2088MHz/12008MHz/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Philips BDM4065UC 40" 3840x2160p / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ McLaren GT3/ CS Universal Hub with magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, Olijke Poffer

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Project Scarlett in fall 2020 will be my first RTX experience. I'm so completely done with PC gaming, I couldn't go back to all the hassle with drivers, Windows updates and now recently all this crap with Steam vs. Epic store vs. every publisher's own launching platform. Not to mention lying lazy in my couch vs. sitting up straight behind a desk.

Not sure yet if I'll buy a PS5 as well, it will depend on the games that launch for it. My XBox is my main console anyway, right now I have an X1X for all Microsoft exclusive games (mainly Forza lol) and all multi-platform games, I also have the XBox Gold subscription there for multiplayer. My PS4 Pro is only used for Sony exclusive singleplayer games like Horizon Zero Dawn, GT Sport, Uncharted, etc.

XBox Scarlett will be a launch day pre-order for me. PS5 I will probably get down the line once Horizon Zero Dawn 2 and GT7 are released.

What I also really like about Xbox vs Playstation is the backwards compatibility and 4K enhanced upscaling of older games. Microsoft really rocks in that aspect, the collection of all Assassin's Creed games from the very first (even in 4K) until Odyssey you cannot have on a PS4. I'm sure Sony will make the PS5 so that you can play PS4 games on it but I don't think in regards to backwards compatibility they will even come close to what Microsoft is doing. From MS I expect that everything that is now playable on an X1X will be playable on Scarlett as well.

Also I really start to like this Xbox <=> Windows 10 compatibility from Microsoft. They already have their Play Anywhere titles but now Game Pass (which I don't have yet since I prefer to own games) has an Ultimate version as well where you can have Game Pass for both XBox and PC. I can see them in the future going towards a shared console-PC platform where you just buy a game (even third party) for the "Microsoft platform" and you can play it either on XBox or PC with cross-platform saved games. If I could play my entire XBox library on PC I can see myself buying a gaming laptop (to replace my old gaming PC) so that when I'm traveling I can take the laptop and my entire gaming catalog with me. Also curious what this X Cloud will become. Maybe I won't even need the laptop but can just play that catalog of XBox games on my phone. I will by the new XBox console as soon as it's available but for the rest it's a wait and see approach for me.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following user likes this Post: Tank621

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    Project Scarlett in fall 2020 will be my first RTX experience. I'm so completely done with PC gaming, I couldn't go back to all the hassle with drivers, Windows updates and now recently all this crap with Steam vs. Epic store vs. every publisher's own launching platform. Not to mention lying lazy in my couch vs. sitting up straight behind a desk.

Not sure yet if I'll buy a PS5 as well, it will depend on the games that launch for it. My XBox is my main console anyway, right now I have an X1X for all Microsoft exclusive games (mainly Forza lol) and all multi-platform games, I also have the XBox Gold subscription there for multiplayer. My PS4 Pro is only used for Sony exclusive singleplayer games like Horizon Zero Dawn, GT Sport, Uncharted, etc.

XBox Scarlett will be a launch day pre-order for me. PS5 I will probably get down the line once Horizon Zero Dawn 2 and GT7 are released.

What I also really like about Xbox vs Playstation is the backwards compatibility and 4K enhanced upscaling of older games. Microsoft really rocks in that aspect, the collection of all Assassin's Creed games from the very first (even in 4K) until Odyssey you cannot have on a PS4. I'm sure Sony will make the PS5 so that you can play PS4 games on it but I don't think in regards to backwards compatibility they will even come close to what Microsoft is doing. From MS I expect that everything that is now playable on an X1X will be playable on Scarlett as well.

Also I really start to like this Xbox <=> Windows 10 compatibility from Microsoft. They already have their Play Anywhere titles but now Game Pass (which I don't have yet since I prefer to own games) has an Ultimate version as well where you can have Game Pass for both XBox and PC. I can see them in the future going towards a shared console-PC platform where you just buy a game (even third party) for the "Microsoft platform" and you can play it either on XBox or PC with cross-platform saved games. If I could play my entire XBox library on PC I can see myself buying a gaming laptop (to replace my old gaming PC) so that when I'm traveling I can take the laptop and my entire gaming catalog with me. Also curious what this X Cloud will become. Maybe I won't even need the laptop but can just play that catalog of XBox games on my phone. I will by the new XBox console as soon as it's available but for the rest it's a wait and see approach for me.
    I've not had an issue with driver or updates or even using 5 or so different stores.
    I've got my PC set so I can sit at my rig to race with my screen right up against my wheel then within a minute I can lift and spin the monitor 180 degrees and lay on a bed and have the console experience while enjoying 4k ultra or 1440p ultra.
    I have tried RT on my 1080Ti just to see ( Metro, SOTTR and Quake at low fps) and honestly don't really see why I'd loose so much fps for it even on the 2080Ti so would just enjoy the massive performance instead.

Never going to console again.
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC @2088MHz/12008MHz/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Philips BDM4065UC 40" 3840x2160p / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ McLaren GT3/ CS Universal Hub with magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    It looks like (if rumors are correct) that there is even a 2080Ti variant and the current 2080Ti will be reduced to 2080 prices, lol
    I know you can always wait and never get anywhere, but seriously, RTX 1st gen always looked like a short lived generation hey.
    Thank goodness for competition
    https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject....ng-monsters%2F
    This will be just in time for my 2 years of owning my 1080Ti
    Thank God I bought Evga since they have a Step Up program.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BigDad, Olijke Poffer

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I'm still on a GTX 1060 6GB, I'll probably wait a while for a price drop before I consider upgrading my video card (or maybe even build a new PC).

I'm so completely done with PC gaming, I couldn't go back to all the hassle with drivers, Windows updates and now recently all this crap with Steam vs. Epic store vs. every publisher's own launching platform. Not to mention lying lazy in my couch vs. sitting up straight behind a desk.
    Everyone has their preference when it comes to PC & console and I respect that, but some of the things above aren't really an issue for me.
    I play on my PC sitting on my couch, either with keyboard & mouse, Xbox 360 controller, or arcade fighting stick. I'm on Windows 10 Pro and disabled W10 updates (W10 Home users are out of luck though), I only update after I've checked that all the issues were solved. The whole store war thing sucks indeed, that's why I vote with my wallet.

What I also really like about Xbox vs Playstation is the backwards compatibility and 4K enhanced upscaling of older games.
    I've heard good things about the limited selection of games that are backwards compatible on newer consoles but I still see PC as the only true backwards compatible system (I replaced 4 consoles with 1 PC), since I play any game I want from the 90s up to current games on the same system, without having to wait for developers to release a compatibility update and without having to spend money on newer peripherals.
    The play anywhere thing does sound good, the other day I talked to my brother-in-law about the possibility of us buying games together, we'd split the cost, I play games on my PC, he plays games on his Xb1X.
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

Platform
    PC
    Or maybe not, lol
    https://videocardz.com/81046/nvidia-...ent-4500792831

I do enjoy all this speculation