Thread: Farewell sim racing!

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Well, I guess i'll eventually come back:
    1995 - NFS, Porshes unleashed - No FFB mad catz wheel
    2005 - LFS - Logitech Momo wheel
    2015 - pCars 1 - G27 with a PVC frame

If the trend continue, I should buy an awesome rig in 2025! Ai race drivers should be good enough 7 years from now!
    All platform and wheels: Official Force Feedback Guide
    Info: pCars 2 Tire Pressure Official Guideline | Wheel FFB guide

Steering: G27 | My In-game FFB:Immersive 100/30/60/5
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, PostBox981

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by poirqc View Post
    Well, I guess i'll eventually come back:
    1995 - NFS, Porshes unleashed - No FFB mad catz wheel
    2005 - LFS - Logitech Momo wheel
    2015 - pCars 1 - G27 with a PVC frame

If the trend continue, I should buy an awesome rig in 2025! Ai race drivers should be good enough 7 years from now!
    You'd hope. Hopefully we're at 64 or 128 core CPUs by the time and they all can use STM.

That said... one last FFB talk. Did you ever notice something was utterly wrong with the braking system? As in that it is so bugged that it was influencing the physics and FFB?

Depending on the car but the Pagani Huayra BC is a bad apple for instance. When you have the braking bias set normally or at least on the front wheels this causes oscillation to happen at standstill.
    Another issue is that if you set it 100% to the rear, drive 100 kph and lock the rears on a straight flat road and keeping the steering wheel locked as straight as you can... somehow the car will swing the CoG of the car to one side and the car will turn around on you. Yet whilst with a fixed axle and fixed alignment you basically should just brake in a straight line.
    Another odd thing... doing the same in reverse will get normal and stable results.

So...
    1. Brake bias forward means having oscillation
    2. Any brake bias on the rear will cause trail braking issues as the car wants to come around on you

Bah, this game is bugged to ruin for me with this I am sad to say.

Hopefully they fixed it in AMS already if not in pC5 when you come back.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc

Platform
    PC
    Let's hope they fix it indeed. For now I also have a lot of fun with AC 1. With the mods (shader/sound packs) it is a whole other level suddenly.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, Christiaan van Beilen

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    You'd hope. Hopefully we're at 64 or 128 core CPUs by the time and they all can use STM.

That said... one last FFB talk. Did you ever notice something was utterly wrong with the braking system? As in that it is so bugged that it was influencing the physics and FFB?

Depending on the car but the Pagani Huayra BC is a bad apple for instance. When you have the braking bias set normally or at least on the front wheels this causes oscillation to happen at standstill.
    Another issue is that if you set it 100% to the rear, drive 100 kph and lock the rears on a straight flat road and keeping the steering wheel locked as straight as you can... somehow the car will swing the CoG of the car to one side and the car will turn around on you. Yet whilst with a fixed axle and fixed alignment you basically should just brake in a straight line.
    Another odd thing... doing the same in reverse will get normal and stable results.

So...
    1. Brake bias forward means having oscillation
    2. Any brake bias on the rear will cause trail braking issues as the car wants to come around on you

Bah, this game is bugged to ruin for me with this I am sad to say.

Hopefully they fixed it in AMS already if not in pC5 when you come back.
    Oddly enough, I've never dug into physics issues. I went from the point that every sims have their "weirdness" here and there. Beside racing, I spent my time in FFB and trying to understand garage tunes.

If I understood the AMS interviews correctly, they should have the tools to look into those things! I hope so for you guys!

The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen

Platform
    PC
    Oddly enough, I've never dug into physics issues. I went from the point that every sims have their "weirdness" here and there. Beside racing, I spent my time in FFB and trying to understand garage tunes.

If I understood the AMS interviews correctly, they should have the tools to look into those things! I hope so for you guys!
    I just went to that point to try and remove the oscillation. First I tried a few ways and ideas that I just came up with, but when nothing works... let's say I ended up to the point where I got frustrated and wanted to know why nothing I did changed anything.

Maybe I'll have to try and get into contact with AMS devs, see if they can look into it.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I just went to that point to try and remove the oscillation. First I tried a few ways and ideas that I just came up with, but when nothing works... let's say I ended up to the point where I got frustrated and wanted to know why nothing I did changed anything.

Maybe I'll have to try and get into contact with AMS devs, see if they can look into it.
    I'll tell a side tale:
    When I was neck deep into my FFB thread for pCars 1, I once asked the forum mods of a Dev could have a read at it. I didn't want to fully engage, just have a confirmation I wrote something helpful or a load of bollock. For various reasons, I didn't get direct feedback that time. I still worked on it afterwards.

When pCars 2 marketing started, Ian Bell eventually liked the thread. I was somewhat frustrated at first. Let's just say other topics where getting Ian attentions when I wanted feedback. In the end, I figured it was better late than never/nothing.

I hope you're able to have a talk with SMS about the braking behavior.

Platform
    PC
    I'll tell a side tale:
    When I was neck deep into my FFB thread for pCars 1, I once asked the forum mods of a Dev could have a read at it. I didn't want to fully engage, just have a confirmation I wrote something helpful or a load of bollock. For various reasons, I didn't get direct feedback that time. I still worked on it afterwards.

When pCars 2 marketing started, Ian Bell eventually liked the thread. I was somewhat frustrated at first. Let's just say other topics where getting Ian attentions when I wanted feedback. In the end, I figured it was better late than never/nothing.

I hope you're able to have a talk with SMS about the braking behavior.
    Who knows... it wouldn't be the first time I clashed with the developers to the point of nearing a ban from WMD1 and WMD2.

I know that it can be very frustrating from both sides though.
    From a player's perspective you found what seems to be an issue and want to get it fixed. Yet from SMS their perspective they put a lot of hours and hours into trying to make something work, and not just one guy but a whole team, yet here you are coming forth and basically saying it doesn't work and it's shit because it doesn't work the way it works. Having your hard work called shit, nobody likes that.
    I am throwing this into extremes for demonstration purposes but I do know that when you poor your heart and soul into something with the best of intentions that you'd automatically get very defensive about it, it is your baby... your creation after all.
    Yet as an end-user you just simply want to enjoy that creation to its full potential and seeing something not work right that you payed your hard earned money for is equally as frustrating.
    Sadly these two points of view can clash easily when not brought in the right way, and let's be honest... we all end up getting more brutal in our manner of putting things into words when on the internet. Especially when English isn't your first language you might end up typing something with a seemingly good intonations in your native tongue, yet from an English speaker's perspective it might be very rude.

I'll see if I can get through to someone, but with the game being end-of-life I doubt from a business perspective that anything will get fixed.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Who knows... it wouldn't be the first time I clashed with the developers to the point of nearing a ban from WMD1 and WMD2.

I know that it can be very frustrating from both sides though.
    From a player's perspective you found what seems to be an issue and want to get it fixed. Yet from SMS their perspective they put a lot of hours and hours into trying to make something work, and not just one guy but a whole team, yet here you are coming forth and basically saying it doesn't work and it's shit because it doesn't work the way it works. Having your hard work called shit, nobody likes that.
    I am throwing this into extremes for demonstration purposes but I do know that when you poor your heart and soul into something with the best of intentions that you'd automatically get very defensive about it, it is your baby... your creation after all.
    Yet as an end-user you just simply want to enjoy that creation to its full potential and seeing something not work right that you payed your hard earned money for is equally as frustrating.
    Sadly these two points of view can clash easily when not brought in the right way, and let's be honest... we all end up getting more brutal in our manner of putting things into words when on the internet. Especially when English isn't your first language you might end up typing something with a seemingly good intonations in your native tongue, yet from an English speaker's perspective it might be very rude.

I'll see if I can get through to someone, but with the game being end-of-life I doubt from a business perspective that anything will get fixed.
    Sadly, society as a whole take things too literally. If we put trolling aside, discussions should be taken with openness. Ideas spring up from them!

You're not saying: "Devs did a bad job at FFB". You're merely sharing you calibration recipe. SMS put a system in place expressly for that. I didn't wrote a thread to say SMS did a bad job at FFB, I merely shared some insight about the FFB pandora box that was available.

But yeah, we(end users) call things "*hit" probably too fast, too often.

The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    What I think is disappointing, is just to see something that has *so* much potential, and be thrown away. Over-simplified, we're talking about human behaviour, vs. business decisions, I think.

I got my money's worth, and that's fine. But when you realize that the potential to be great is in there somewhere (so close....), but will never go further, it's just unfortunate. I'd even be completely OK if it was something that I could fix myself. Like an old car.... sure it's discontinued, but it's not so difficult to get your hands dirty and find ways to fix/improve things. Not so much with PC2.

Situations like this is exactly where you see the world of game development and 'mods' changing. I never realized it until I moved to PC, and explored this world a bit.
    AC1 is just a perfect example of that. I suspect that even Kunos didn't think it was possible to do what is being done with mods now. And it benefits them as well, because the base game keeps selling even after so many years.

Good luck with your 'life' reality. Glad to see priorities are in balance.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Good luck poirgc! Kids are the greatest, and sometimes the worst Soon they'll be big enough for Mario Kart, and then onwards from there
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 24" 1080 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    Project CALC - unified leaderboards - Forum thread