Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Farewell sim racing!

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Maskmagog View Post
    Good luck poirgc! Kids are the greatest, and sometimes the worst Soon they'll be big enough for Mario Kart, and then onwards from there
    It's poir Q c. On my side, I've always thought you were also from Quebec. Magog is a city in the province, but you're from Europe iirc.

Back on subject. I can't wait to teach them a lesson in Mario Kart, SNES version(The definitive one imo, I'll argue to death on that one! ) I spent quite some time in battle mode, the tarmac track, as a teenager. My hand still remember everything. I went 14-0 in a retro gaming theme party not long ago!

That'll be fun!
    All platform and wheels: Official Force Feedback Guide
    Info: pCars 2 Tire Pressure Official Guideline | Wheel FFB guide

Steering: G27 | My In-game FFB:Immersive 100/30/60/5
    The following user likes this Post: Maskmagog

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by poirqc View Post
    It's poir Q c. On my side, I've always thought you were also from Quebec. Magog is a city in the province, but you're from Europe iirc.

Back on subject. I can't wait to teach them a lesson in Mario Kart, SNES version(The definitive one imo, I'll argue to death on that one! ) I spent quite some time in battle mode, the tarmac track, as a teenager. My hand still remember everything. I went 14-0 in a retro gaming theme party not long ago!

That'll be fun!
    Mario kart on snes... the first and best. Perfection in simplicity.
    I actually bought a SNES many moons after its hayday, around 10 years ago I think. Used to play it all the time at my best friends house, and he'd come over to game on my Amiga 2000. The thing just makes me all warm and fuzzy nostalgic about the good ol times.

By the way. My modern 4k doesn't have a composite in anymore. Any idea on how to best convert it to hdmi and maybe upscale it and the like?

I found several solutions but the cheapest I found was buying a receiver that can do that, like the Denon 3500X.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc

Platform
    XBOX1 X

That'll be fun!
    Oops sorry, I blame my lousy low-res monitor, now I have to buy a 4k Aha, Quebec, that explains the Q. Yeah, I'm from Sweden. Have to visit Magog sometime I guess! Maskmagog is just one of many nicknames I had, years and years ago. Unique enough for using as a username.

There's a few years ahead that might be a bit tiresome, but it'll pass. Good times ahead! My oldest turns 9 this year, we've been playing lots of Nintendo last couple of years
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 24" 1080 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    Project CALC - unified leaderboards - Forum thread
    The following user likes this Post: poirqc

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Mario kart on snes... the first and best. Perfection in simplicity.
    I actually bought a SNES many moons after its hayday, around 10 years ago I think. Used to play it all the time at my best friends house, and he'd come over to game on my Amiga 2000. The thing just makes me all warm and fuzzy nostalgic about the good ol times.

By the way. My modern 4k doesn't have a composite in anymore. Any idea on how to best convert it to hdmi and maybe upscale it and the like?

I found several solutions but the cheapest I found was buying a receiver that can do that, like the Denon 3500X.
    Something like this Christiaan https://www.amazon.co.uk/GANA-Compos...31BK63FJP2KR2D
    Last edited by Charger; 20-06-2019 at 18:18.
    'Racers Without Borders'
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/RW...GINTERNATIONAL
    https://discord.gg/b7g9wGf
    http://rwbracing.club/
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV. Overclocked ;-)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    Doesn't do scaling, mate. It would look pretty bad on my 4k TV. Also there is a lot of quality difference between products on how that's handled.

Ideally I would even want one that has both composite as well as component inputs, with 4K upscaling and HDMI output. Like I said... the cheapest option is replacing my old av-receiver for one of those Denon ones.

There is an open source upscaler. Although that doesn't come in cheap either nor is it perfect.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.03): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Doesn't do scaling, mate. It would look pretty bad on my 4k TV. Also there is a lot of quality difference between products on how that's handled.

Ideally I would even want one that has both composite as well as component inputs, with 4K upscaling and HDMI output. Like I said... the cheapest option is replacing my old av-receiver for one of those Denon ones.

There is an open source upscaler. Although that doesn't come in cheap either nor is it perfect.
    Might as well go all in:
    FPGA SNES + SD2SNES

Bought a SD2SNES, normal one, a year ago. Super pleased with it. Works flawlessly.

Top Gear 1 is a masterpiece btw!

Platform
    PC
    Might as well go all in:
    FPGA SNES + SD2SNES

Bought a SD2SNES, normal one, a year ago. Super pleased with it. Works flawlessly.

Top Gear 1 is a masterpiece btw!
    It is an option but I am a bit of a purist I suppose.

That said, I'll look again at a later date. See the car moan thread aka Konan's coupe thread. Just had a 1200 euro setback with the car.

The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, poirqc

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    It is an option but I am a bit of a purist I suppose.

That said, I'll look again at a later date. See the car moan thread aka Konan's coupe thread. Just had a 1200 euro setback with the car.
    While I haven't tried the Super Nt, the sd2snes is 100% like the real thing. What made me bought it was a 1:1 test. I went at a friend's place where we tried many real carts. We would then start the SD2SNES rom right away. It was exactly the same thing. There's no emulation*. The SNES plays the roms.

*The cart DSPs are programmed into the firmware, witch runs on a FPGA on the SD2NES. There's no overclock tho. There's lag at the same place as the regular carts.
    Last edited by poirqc; 23-06-2019 at 00:16.

The following user likes this Post: Christiaan van Beilen