Thread: My new Logitech G920 impressions

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

My new Logitech G920 impressions

I've had my Logitech G920 for a couple of days and make the following observations.

First, I should state that I've never owned a wheel before so I have no basis of comparison other than the controller I was using.

Compared to a controller, it's night and day. I think I am one of those people who really benefit from using a wheel. Within a few hours, I was besting my best times by seconds. I drive straighter and smoother not to mention the big increase in the all important fun factor.

I was very interested in what the braking would be like. After using a controller the braking seemed impossible and I initially stopped using it and used the clutch to brake instead. Later I went back and tried the brake again and things were better. I increased the brake sensitivity a lot and that seemed to help. The progressive resistance seems ok except when I need to brake very hard. I do think the amount of force required seems too much. On the other hand I find I am getting much less tire scrubbing and braking is smoother. For now I will continue using the brake pedal.

As for the force feedback feel, my only comment is I felt there was a slight grainy feel to the ffb. I suspect this is related to the gears. I guess the more expensive wheels use belt or direct drive.

So that's where I am today. I've been driving a lot and have more questions. I'll post soon.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    My last wheel and pedals were a g920 set.
    If you find the brake too hard then try pressing to only 90 or 95 on the pedal calibration screen. The bung does get a bit softer after the first few weeks. I set my dead zone so braking only started when I felt the resistance increase so you might try that.

The graininess of the gears does reduce with use but never completely goes.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Calibrate it to a pedal pressure that's comfortable for you. I'm surprised how resilient the pedal box is, because I have given it a fair stomp.
    The "graininess" also depends on what car you drive.
    Like a Ferrari F50GT will be a lot more chatty than, say, a 488 GT3.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I've had mine for almost two years now, with the H-shifter. They still work well, except recently I've noticed I often need to re-calibrate the brake pedal, as the braking performance noticeably fluctuates in-game, even within a single session.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I did recalibrate and now the brakes seem to be fine.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarben View Post
    I've had mine for almost two years now, with the H-shifter. They still work well, except recently I've noticed I often need to re-calibrate the brake pedal, as the braking performance noticeably fluctuates in-game, even within a single session.
    Might need a clean.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I've driven with the G920 for a couple years now. Almost immediately I researched a workaround for the brake issue, because it drove me mad. There are videos around that show you how to take out the rubber stopper inside the pedal unit. I did this, and it feels much better now. Doesn't seem to be wearing either.
    Xbox OneX
    Logitech G920
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    Can really recommend the GTEYE brake spring highly over the stock one, i run it without the stock rubber also, this one is much more progressive

As a note make sure you buy the 'proper' one from the seller gt.eye rather than the Chinese knock off.
    http://www.gteye.com.au/

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GTEYE-Bra...IAAOSwBahVYDQY
    CASE: Define Mini C TG l MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M DH3 l CPU: i5 8600k @4.8 l COOLER: Celsius S24 l GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 @1911 l RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz l SSD: 4x 250GB l OS: Win 10 Pro x64 l WHEEL: Logitech G29 l SHIFTER: Logitech G Driving Force l VR: Oculus Rift CV1 l Screen: LG 55" 4k TV
    Steam ID: MartinMWWebb
    The following user likes this Post: HockeyNick30

WMD Member
    I always undercalibrate the brake on my 920, otherwise you feel like you have to put all your weight into getting your car to stop. If you can find the sweet spot then the load reasonably mimics a real brake and you can modulate the pressure a lot better.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Purg View Post
    I always undercalibrate the brake on my 920, otherwise you feel like you have to put all your weight into getting your car to stop. If you can find the sweet spot then the load reasonably mimics a real brake and you can modulate the pressure a lot better.
    That's what I did and it seems to work.