Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Itís all finally come together!!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I'm not entirely sure that is correct, the only definition of flavours explains them as such:
    —Immersive: This setting replicates the feel of road surfaces, kerbs, tyre slip, weight, and suspension movements felt through the steering wheel, and as experienced in the real world.
    —Informative: This is designed to give more of a detailed feel of road surfaces, kerbs, tyre slip, weight, and suspension movements, to ensure the driver can get as much information through the FFB as possible.
    —Raw: This is an unfiltered Force Feedback setting that allows you to feel the full strength of the various forces felt by drivers.

Based on this, I presumed RAW only provided the natural forces associated with what would be felt thorugh the steering rack. The other two add addtional feedback to those parimeters to further aid sitting in your living room rather than a real car - Immersive, same principle as RAW but balanced for effect, Informative, includes things felt through the seat etc.

The flavour also adjusts the way the other ingredients are felt by providing there own scale - in other words, 50% tone on raw will not feel the same as 50% tone in informative. This was taken from the same link I've added above. So, for me anyway, this also affects the overall driving feel rather than being a 'wheel type' selection.

I'm no expert and am truly only basing this on how these things feel for me. Through my X1X, using a TMX and T3PA's. On PS3, PC or even X1, let alone on diffrent wheels which are more capable then mine, all these things will more than likely have a different feel.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampo View Post
    Raw was always meant for direct drive wheels. Just a note.
    Raw works well for my G29. No inconsistencies, no auto scaling.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PC
    Raw also works good for my CSW v2.5 indeed..
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Playseat Evolution , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TinPeach View Post
    I'm not entirely sure that is correct
    I think the devs said that on the WMD2 forum during development. I might remember wrong.
    CPU Intel i7-9700K @ 4.8 GHz | Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | RAM 16GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU nVidia GTX980 4GB (430.64) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen AOC U3477PQU | OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 2560x1080 / 3440x1440 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA None | Reflections MED | Envmap MED | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows MED | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles MED/MED/MED

PC2Info, a PC program that shows most stats the game provides over UDP

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampo View Post
    I think the devs said that on the WMD2 forum during development. I might remember wrong.
    I think if you have a DD wheel you would expect to use raw and raw only, i dont recall it ever being 'just' for DD wheels.
    CASE: Define Mini C TG l MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M DH3 l CPU: i5 8600k @4.8 l COOLER: Celsius S24 l GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 @1911 l RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz l SSD: 4x 250GB l OS: Win 10 Pro x64 l WHEEL: Logitech G29 l SHIFTER: Logitech G Driving Force l VR: Oculus Rift CV1 l Screen: LG 55" 4k TV
    Steam ID: MartinMWWebb

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    But to be fair, even if it was designed that way, if it feels good and works for the end user - then why wouldn't you.

I think for me, it was that need to remove as much as possible so the poor old TMX could cope with what was being sent - plus I do have a preference for a very clean feel (a little like AC) which is closest (not exact I know) to my car.

I would love to try a high end wheel to experience the difference, I'm sure it's night and day. It's just trying to justify that addtional investment to a wife and two kids (although I may be able to stretch to a TX later in the year) :-)
    The following user likes this Post: HockeyNick30

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hi,
    I also have TMX and I tried your settings and I didn't find it as awesome as you did.
    I prefer a little less volume (to have better feeling of surface) and more tone, to feel changes in force, when tires start to slide.
    And with FX = 0 I found driving a bit to easy. Bumps don't cause your wheel to move, so wheels stays in the same direction. With a bit of FX, you need to overcome this force from bumps to keep your direction.
    My best values for ffb are: 100/75/55/15

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinMWWebb View Post
    I think if you have a DD wheel you would expect to use raw and raw only.
    What is it that would make informative or immersive non compatible with DD?

Just by reading the description of immersive “This setting replicates the feel of road surfaces, kerbs, tyre slip, weight, and suspension movements felt through the steering wheel, and as experienced in the real world” you could think those are the reason to get a DD in the first place.
    Last edited by Cote Dazur; 24-06-2019 at 23:33.
    Fanatec CSR Elite wheel and pedals, CSS SQ shifter
    OS: Window 10, 64 bit, Processor Intel(r) I5 6600 @ 3.5Ghz, Memory 16gb, Graphics Zotac GEFORCE GTX 1080 ti
    Oculus Rift CV1.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Cote Dazur View Post
    What is it that would make informative or immersive non compatible with DD?

Just by reading the description of immersive “This setting replicates the feel of road surfaces, kerbs, tyre slip, weight, and suspension movements felt through the steering wheel, and as experienced in the real world” you could think those are the reason to get a DD in the first place.
    I'm sure they are compatible with DD also, just RAW makes the most sense for a DD wheel as the game will send it everything. and its up to the user to tune what is received/how its used. (i just have a lowly G29 so cant comment too much haha)
    CASE: Define Mini C TG l MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M DH3 l CPU: i5 8600k @4.8 l COOLER: Celsius S24 l GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 @1911 l RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz l SSD: 4x 250GB l OS: Win 10 Pro x64 l WHEEL: Logitech G29 l SHIFTER: Logitech G Driving Force l VR: Oculus Rift CV1 l Screen: LG 55" 4k TV
    Steam ID: MartinMWWebb

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cote Dazur View Post
    ... “This setting replicates the feel of road surfaces, kerbs, tyre slip, weight, and suspension movements felt through the steering wheel, and as experienced in the real world”... .
    I think the flavour descriptions are a bit... Confusing.
    AFAIK raw are pure steering rack forces. Immersive and informative add Sop, suspension, "g-forces" and what not, with auto-scaling, to give more information through the ffb wheel than you would experience with a real car steering wheel.
    So any of the flavours, really, apply to any type of wheel DD to T150. It just comes down to what type of information /feel you want from your ffb.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Cote Dazur, kingsti, MartinMWWebb, Psychotik