Thread: Screen tearing while shifting, helmet cam

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1

Screen tearing while shifting, helmet cam

Hey guys, Iíve had an issue with the screen tearing or flashing during upshifts and downshifts with the helmet cam. Iíve turned all the settings off like the look at apex, g force, ect. And nothing seems to be a fix, Iíve contacted Namco and they said to put my tv into game mode. Which I did and turned off anything like contrast enhance, ect. Still has the same effect. Seems to happen sometimes on straightaways but most prevalent when entering a corner. I donít remember this issue happening when the cane first came out, but I recently started playing again after any new patches

The official response I got
    After extensive testing and research of the screen tearing issue during shifting, we were unfortunately unable to locate the source of the problem.

Currently we have no solution for this issue, but we can advise you to post this situation along with all the details and links to videos on the official project cars forum HERE. There our developer team will be able to see the error and further investigate this issue on their end, so that they can fix it as soon as possible.

Hereís a clip of the issue. On each downshift youíll notice a flash
    https://youtu.be/fItYpdhtkrE

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I don't have your issue.
    It would be helpful I think if you posted a better longer video that is an Xbox capture, not shaky mobile phone video.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    I don't have your issue.
    It would be helpful I think if you posted a better longer video that is an Xbox capture, not shaky mobile phone video.
    Iíll try to use the Xbox capture

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    This is a good experiment. If Xbox capture shows the same flash then it has something to do with the way the image is being rendered. If capture is smooth, then it's probably outside of the Xbox itself, such as a faulty cable, HDMI port, or other interference.
    Xbox One X - Thrustmaster TX and T3PA - Arizona (UTC -7h) - Check out the Randomizer Randomizer (thread) - ProjectCALC

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The only fix for this is to delete your save game from the cloud and console and start with a fresh save. You MUST delete the cloud save. If you search the forum its been talked about.

Its actually not a screen tear, its a quick blip showing behind you as if you tapped the "look behind" button. It was actually fixed in a previous patch but your save is most likely corrupted. This is the only way.....
    Last edited by Juiced46; 21-06-2019 at 12:32.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following 2 users likes this Post: JasonSandwich, Zaskarspants

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    The only fix for this is to delete your save game from the cloud and console and start with a fresh save. You MUST delete the cloud save. If you search the forum its been talked about.

Its actually not a screen tear, its a quick blip showing behind you as if you tapped the "look behind" button. It was actually fixed in a previous patch but your save is most likely corrupted. This is the only way.....
    Thank you for the tip Iíll try that out! I saw a post on the forums about it but it was a long time ago, I was wondering if there was another fix since then. Iíll try that out. Thanks again
    The following user likes this Post: Juiced46

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by He5150 View Post
    Thank you for the tip I’ll try that out! I saw a post on the forums about it but it was a long time ago, I was wondering if there was another fix since then. I’ll try that out. Thanks again
    No problem. Just remember, you lose everything. So screenshot settings etc you may need
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    No problem. Just remember, you lose everything. So screenshot settings etc you may need
    So I'm gonna lose all my career progress (I finished all the races, championships, invitational events), setups (I worked tonnes of hours besides of studying how to prepare them), Licence informations (S1600+, no other comment), pictures and saved replays (that's not a big deal actualy) because there is something wrong with a "Text" file (probably with just one or two rows) where the camera settings are stored? No other options or backup, just lose everything? How could be this thing still a issue?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by roman.gaspar View Post
    So I'm gonna lose all my career progress (I finished all the races, championships, invitational events), setups (I worked tonnes of hours besides of studying how to prepare them), Licence informations (S1600+, no other comment), pictures and saved replays (that's not a big deal actualy) because there is something wrong with a "Text" file (probably with just one or two rows) where the camera settings are stored? No other options or backup, just lose everything? How could be this thing still a issue?
    Your online license stays the same. You just lose everything else. Your save file is one file. You cant pick and choose what to delete. Its all or nothing. The issue was fixed in a patch, but if you had the problem, it wont get fixed until that corrupted save is gone. So you have a choice, deal with the bug or lose all. I dont make the rules, but I know that is the only fix