Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PC2 on SRS

Platform
    PC

PC2 on SRS

PC2 is coming to SRS (Sim Racing System). To those who don't know, SRS is a system of online races, structured into championships (but you can also join any race paying no attention to championships), with 20-min or 1-hr races basically every hour, up to 4 servers per race, up to 20 drivers (AFAIR) per server. The races are typically cleaner than regular online races, because:

1. any contact is automatically penalized with incident points - which affects both your championship standing and your global ranking
    2. excessive contact causes automatic suspension
    3. aggressive or really stupid behavior may be reported, reports are reviewed by a human, and may lead to a warning, suspension, or even ban to the offender.

So far it's been available for Assetto Corsa, RaceRoom and occasionally Automobilista. Now it's going to work with PC2 as well.

And it's free.

http://www.simracingsystem.com/index.php

http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=6190
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Asturbo, bmanic, cpcdem, Konan, Maskmagog, Mbondracing, Olijke Poffer

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    That's fantastic news!!!

Platform
    PC
    .. unless they go GT3. Then it'd be silly. Hope they choose some other classes that aren't available elsewhere.

Platform
    PC
    They usually have a pretty nice variety of cars: http://www.simracingsystem.com/schedule.php

Platform
    PC
    Literally the best thing to happen to pcars online. Have been waiting for this for ages. Excellent work Henrique and to those at SMS who helped make it possible. Happy racing folks!
    Pc, thrustmaster TX, TH8a, fanatec v3i pedals, wheel stand pro v2
    Mobo - asus crosshair v formula z gaming, 24gb ddr3 ram 1600mhz, amd 8320 8 core @ 4.2 ghz, gtx 1070.

Platform
    PC
    Perhaps it is time to start an online career as well. I never drove online before. Shame on me after so many years of sim-racing.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Perhaps it is time to start an online career as well. I never drove online before. Shame on me after so many years of sim-racing.
    Indeed that does surprise me.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehands View Post
    Indeed that does surprise me.
    Really? I mostly have not much spare time to be online for a complete race. mid weeks I'm to tired because I'm staring at a screen all day and as I work on a support department I talk whole day on the phone. In the weekends I can race of course but then I'm afraid I'm not good enough. I hardly have touched the cars setup screen and I'm a big nOOb on pitstops. :-)
    So I first need to deal with that before I hit the online scene.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    In the weekends I can race of course but then I'm afraid I'm not good enough.
    Literally everyone is good enough for most of regular online races. A monkey with a controller probably wouldn't come last in some of those.

Now, SRS-organized races are typically much higher quality (at least in AC, but I expect PC2 to be good too as soon as more people participate). Still, for me it's more rewarding to race with real people and maybe lose to most of them, even be occasionally crashed by an idiot who forgot where his T1 braking points are, than to post laptimes alone or with so-predictable AI.