Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Le Mans circuit chicanes - pls help SMS

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ebdpc View Post
    All,

Thanks for the various comments and inputs - my first post on a forum like this, and quite amazed by the responses!

Although the discussion seems to moved on - back to the Le Mans chicanes. I have gone back with a couple of different cars the second chicane is the worst offender. There is a real drop off of surface detail into the first chicane (but some faint detail remains at entry), the second one is like glass.
    Really interesting that others do not seem to have noticeable drop off.

I am using a T300rs GT on 100, 40 ish, 29 ish, 75 ish. (between Jack Spade and Immersive - makes no difference for the chicanes)

I have been through them all - GTR, GTR2, Race 2007, Raceroom, PC and PC2 - new to the forums, long in the tooth on sim games.

Thanks
    unfortunately as we were saying the shelf life on this game is all but over so any fixes we would like to get probably will never see the light of day
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PS4
    Could be an "immersive" auto scale funky behaviour. Or it's some jack spade issue. I don't know, I don't use either.
    With raw there isn't a loss of "detail", particularly offline or on the kerbs.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Yes , this has been my only complaint with the track , both chicanes , and especially the second are super smooth if you avoid the kerbs . I have a csw2.5 ( Also had the same problem previous Csw2 and T300 ) and have run default raw profile but mainly Jack Spades files. The chicanes FFB feels totally different to the rest of the track . Just a shame it will never get fixed
    ThermalTake Core x5 . Gigabyte Z390 AorusMaster mb . i7 7900K . 16GB DDR4 3200 ram. Asus ROG Strix RTX2080oc . Samsung 970Pro 512GB . 970evo 2TB SSD . EVGA 850watt PSU . Acer XB271HU G-sync. Win10 64bit .
    Fanatec CSW v2.5 , CSP v3 , Porsche 918 RSR wheel .

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    According to this link the chicanes are likely to be smoother.

https://www.lemans.org/en/news/mulsa...esurfaced/1678

"The chicanes are 20 years old and the coating does not age at the same speed as the straight. It makes sense that, the latter is a national road borrowed throughout the year by trucks, while the chicanes are used only five days a year for racing. Over time, the difference of adhesion between the asphalt increases, and we need to correct that. "
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Maskmagog, Psychotik

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    According to this link the chicanes are likely to be smoother.

https://www.lemans.org/en/news/mulsa...esurfaced/1678

"The chicanes are 20 years old and the coating does not age at the same speed as the straight. It makes sense that, the latter is a national road borrowed throughout the year by trucks, while the chicanes are used only five days a year for racing. Over time, the difference of adhesion between the asphalt increases, and we need to correct that. "
    I absolutley agree with that. Road surface deformation doesn't occur in the chicanes. Here is how "Playstation chicane" looks like the rest of the year (footage from 2015):

https://www.20minutes.fr/tv/sport/17...es-hunaudieres

I've also always felt some smoothness on road surface at Playstation and Michelin chicanes but always thought it was normal.
    Last edited by Psychotik; 03-07-2019 at 12:09.
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Could be an "immersive" auto scale funky behaviour. Or it's some jack spade issue. I don't know, I don't use either.
    With raw there isn't a loss of "detail", particularly offline or on the kerbs.
    I agree with the OP - to me it sounds like mesh detail.

I had the same experience in PC1 and various tracks in PC2. I am using Raw and usually 100/50/50/50.

Le Mans is the only one that has great feel for 95% of the track and then just for a couple of seconds at each chicane its like the road mesh is missing.

Many 100's of hours in PC1 and PC2 - big fan overall but the road mesh discrepancy between great tracks (ie the original scanned tracks from Pc1 and most of the PC2 scanned tracks introduced) and bad tracks is very very noticeable with my DD1 and on my previous wheels CSW v2.5 & T300.

Other tracks have it to a varying degrees all the way round...

Absolute worst offending track to me is Indy Car road - with the absolute worst corner in the entire game being the very last turn as you come onto the main straight (turn 14) - the wheel just goes so limp... there is simply no sync between whats going on with the wheel and what I see on track....there is zero track detail or lateral grip communicated ....yuck..

Worst offender Ruapuna was great feel in PC1 and is terrible in PC2. I cant remember who but a prominent member mentioned that during development there was a request to add mesh detail and it was knocked back with the end result it feels slidey, lifeless and like there is no sensation of lateral grip/bite from the tyres coming through the wheel.

Other tracks have this too such as Brno, Imola & Spa.

For sure you need to ensure tyre pressures and temps are in range and you use the correct compound.... ie dont use hards in winter or softs at 45c tracks etc... as those also introduce a horrible feeling car - but with right temps/pressures and tyres there is plenty I dont like in some of the I guess lesser quality produced tracks.

As it is I can work around the tracks that really feel bad due to so much great content that I love but Le Mans is a dream to drive for 95% of the track and then you get those 2 short sections that make me grimace.. every time...

Silverstone PC1 was much worse - PC2 its noticable better but still not as connected as I would like.

Ive just put it down to too much content that they had to rush some - same with some cars having strange behaviour.

Even if PC3 still has this in places I can live with it but my dream is that every track and car are as quality as say Long Beach, Bannocbrae, Oulton Park, Fuji etc...) and some of the Ferraris from the last DLC (FXX K, F12TDF for instance).
    6700K / 1080TI / 16GB DDR4 / SSD x 2 / M2 x 1 / Dell U3415W / NLR F1GT / Oculus Rift / CSW v2.5 / ClubSport V3 Pedals / TH8A Shifter

Platform
    PC
    Project Cars 2 is End Of Life EOL that means NO MORE UPDATES to it what you see is what you get live with it hopefully PC3 will be better end of story
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.