Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tips/set up for Silverstone

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Tips/set up for Silverstone

Was hoping someone would be kind enough to share a good GT3 set up for Silverstone. It doesn't matter which car, really. I'm really struggling. I had a set up for the Audi LMS that worked OK and I was running around 2.02 consistently in races, but something seems to have happened and it doesn't work at all now. Another strange development in PC2. Anyway, I have another set up, but can't get any lower than 2.03 now. I pulled a couple of set ups off the internet - both for the Ferrari, but - at least for me - they were totally undrivable. It was like being on ice.
    I'm struggling with understeer all over the place, but particularly Luffield, Copse, Maggots, Becketts, Chapel (which is pretty much the whole circuit). The AI is doing 1:59/2.00s and I'm doing 2.03/4/5. It's very frustrating. Any tips or help gratefully received. On PS4 I'm Stockholm48 if anyone is happy to share a set up. Many thanks.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I have barely driven the Audi, but with the Ferrari I have put front aero to 2 and it takes care of the understeer, you may want to put the rear one to 7, to make it more stable then. What track temps are you running at? If it is not hot, you can try using softs there, as with the straights they have a chance to cool down.

Platform
    PC
    There are PC TT setups for Silverstone for a couple of GT3s, including Audi, in this thread. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1538531
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Many thanks for the tips. I have tried the softs and those are the times that I gave. I'm just hopeless on this track. I'll try a couple of the set ups you gave. Many thanks.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah, but you can use the softs IF they do not overheat. If they do, then you start having excessive underster. Did you also try with hards?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Yes, I tried with hards, too. I couldn't get anything to work. Mostly just bad driving, I guess.

Platform
    PS4
    Soft tyres should quickly melt on Silverstone in a GT3 car.
    Pile on the downforce, drop the ride height, up the springs by a click or 3.
    I'd increase camber too, to bring the hard tyre temp up a little.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks. I actually switched to the Porsche yesterday (I have no internet at the moment, so I'm just practicing). It strangely seemed more consistent and more stable. Weird really. I wasn't much faster. Low 2:03s, but at least a bit more consistent. I'm sure much of it is my poor driving. I tried a couple of the set ups from blinkingone and found them undrivable. Oversteer on the way into a corner and oversteer on the way out. I also watched his video and cannot for the life of me understand how he gets that acceleration. I'm just not getting that kind of speed whether its the Audi or the Porsche. I'm not great at any track, but I reckon on 3 seconds off the "best" guys. Here I'm more like 6 seconds off. Admittedly, I'm doing races, not the Time Trial (I don't have internet as a result of a petulant decision to end my contract with a useless provider). So that's maybe 1 second. But still. I've watched the Driver 61 intro to Silverstone and tried to copy his line, I've practiced, but I just can't get Silverstone at all.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Sorry, hkraft. "Pile on the downforce, drop the ride height, up the springs by a click or 3". Up the springs? Sorry, my set up skills are zero. Can you explain? What would you suggest? I'm not confident with the bump, rebound and transition settings at all.

Platform
    PS4
    Max downforce.
    Minimum front ride height, rear ride height = front +10mm

You can increase the spring rate by a click or 2 without moving too far away from current damper rates. This will get you a bit more body and aero control.
    Getting your dampers tuned is another game you'd need to read a lot about.

Edit: if you're off by ~6 seconds, it's probably your line is wrong and setup won't really close that gap much.
    The 911 is strong on corner exit grip: make the most of it.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10