Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tips/set up for Silverstone

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mincepie10 View Post
    When you (hkraft) say increase the spring rate by a click or 2 - could you specify?
    Assuming you're using the default setup, find the spring stiffness/rate setting (it will be a 3-digit number with the units "N/mm"). Increase front and rear by 2 clicks. For example if its at 320 N/mm, +1 "click" may be 340, +2 clicks may be 360.

I would increase for front and rear, the same "number of clicks".

... There are a lot of negatives in the damper set ups and increase and decrease become complex.
    I don't understand - what negatives?

Indeed, my lines could well be wrong. Though I did watch Driver61 and try to copy. I certainly take a different line to the AI - especially coming in to Luffield. I simply cannot get turned in if I start as wide as the AI.
    I'd follow Scott Mansell's guide. You need to have patience through Luffield for a good exit.
    Don't follow AI lines. They're often not the best line for the player car to follow. Simple physics model on AI cars allows them to do things you can't. That said - fast guys can smash AI almost everywhere at the max difficulty so it's not impossible.

As I said, I'm not great at any track, but I struggle particularly at Silverstone and Hockenheim. Both fast, sinewy circuits, so quite possibly down to my driving style.
    There are only 2 "styles" - correct and incorrect.
    Most of us fall in the latter

Ps - 6 clutches on the diff is the middle setting I guess. I'm not confident enough to explain or advise on diff settings.
    Last edited by hkraft300; 26-08-2019 at 13:09.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks. Yes, sorry. I was confusing springs and dampers. The damper settings have negative numbers, though, no? -340 etc as well as positive numbers. Rebound transition, I believe. As for the clutches. I was watching a Kryptic TMG set up video on Youtube and he was saying something along the lines of "10 clutches because 6 clutches gave way too much understeer." I failed to understand.

Platform
    PS4
    Ye you don't want to deviate too much from default spring rates because your damping goes out of whack. Damping rates should be chosen firstly to control springs oscillating and maintain the best tyre contact with the ground.
    Messing with the transitions can also throw your damping way off. Best to adjust damping using Jussi's or zeratal's calculators.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10