Thread: Load Cell Brake calibration and setting tips in PS4 ?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Load Cell Brake calibration and setting tips in PS4 ?

Recently purchased the sim racing solution 's t3pa pro load cell mod.

I specially ordered the 10kg load cell (they come standard 20kg) and am glad with the decision as the force required to apply full brakes would have been too much. Am still getting used to the feel of this method its very different to conical mod..

I am checking in to see if any users can share their experience with the in-game pedal calibrations.
    I want to increase the sensitivity of the pedals for easier trail braking. During calibration I purposefully don 't use full strength to step on the brakes since i feel this would be too hard to repeat every corner to achieve full braking.

Or perhaps this is more related to the brake sensitivity setting ?

Platform
    PS4
    Well you don't have to utilise the full travel of the brake.
    Calibrate as per normal, at a comfortable max pressure for you. Set brake sensitivity to 50.
    Then have a drive and play with the brake sensitivity. It won't take you long for a comfortable setting or to get used to it.

As well as brake sensitivity adjustments, you also have brake pressure and bias adjustment in car settings.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PC
    Well now I don't know, I guess the manufacturers might have different kilograms maybe or how they measure the force required. The Fanatec comes with a 90 kilogram load cell. I run brake sensitivity at 78.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2019-06-30 17-22-23-66.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	269391
    Last edited by blinkngone; 30-06-2019 at 21:29.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Well now I don't know, I guess the manufacturers might have different kilograms maybe or how they measure the force required. The Fanatec comes with a 90 kilogram load cell. I run brake sensitivity at 78.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2019-06-30 17-22-23-66.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	269391
    Hi blinkngone,

90 kg is probably overkill for me, as I weight only 67kg and I'm on the Playseat Challenge which uses a velcro strap to secure the pedals.
    The pedal sits on a rail which is connected to base of the seat and adjustable in length via a knob.

Basically I step on it and can achieve full braking around the same pressure as the conical mod. The travel of the pedal is rather short with the SMS mod.
    will give it a try to increase sensitivity.

Platform
    PC
    Yeah it might be weight/bracing. I have my pedals on the floor braced against the back of my desk. With the Fanatec after calibration I rarely need much pressure to lock up the brakes on the cars so the 90 kg isn't really intimidating since you don't utilize it that much. With non ABS cars I have to be careful to avoid lockups. I used to run 100 Brake sensitivity but some suggested that was too much so I backed off a little. I am disabled so reducing it to 50 like normal people made it worse for me, at least in my impressions. I think I ran your brake pressure/ balance settings with the BMW and the Mustang so you just need to adjust to the pressure with the load cell braking instead of the distance moved with your old potentiometer(and your conical mod was just trying to slow your distance moved).
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.