Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Samsung C49RG9 ultrawide .....Anyone have one?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    my monitor sits exactly 2 ft from my face thats why i dont need a huge monitor i also dont have the room for any bigger
    thats cool , you enjoy this hobby whit the toys you can afford .
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Dell Alienware AW3418DW \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ Logitech z5500 THX \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 \ Clubsport Shifter SQ \ Clubsport Formula Carbon \ BMW GT2 Wheel \ Clubsport F1 2018 Limited Edition \ Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals\ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    thats cool , you enjoy this hobby whit the toys you can afford .
    very true LOL i just figure its right in my face it works i would love to have a triple monitor of 24" monitors but i dont have the room
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    When I don't use VR I use a 55" inch monitor though, although it's called an OLED TV. So if we are going to play that game.
    Yeah i did the 55" 4kTV for a few years and VR for a years but since getting a 4k monitor I realized what I was missing due to input lag /response time and black levels. I sit 62cm away from it.
    I'm holding off getting a high refresh monitor as then I'll need to upgrade my PC.
    Last edited by BigDad; 01-07-2019 at 03:32.
    GPU: Galax GTX1080Ti EXOC / CPU: Intel i7 7700K@ 5.1GHz/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s/ Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200mhz C14/ PSU: CM V750/ Storage: 4TB WD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: AOC 27" 1080p triples 5760x1080 / GT Ultimate/ Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2/ Formula v2 - magnetic shifter Mod / CS Universal Hub - magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/Steam/2ndLastJedi
    The following user likes this Post: bporion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by J273 View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct forum for this?

My sim rig i currently run a 55" 4k tv and in PC2 i run it at its native 4k resolution. It works fine but the FOV isnt very wide. Ive tried VR ( Not my thing) so im looking at buying samsung's new 49" ultrawide, the newer model having 1440 height rather than the previous gen being 1080p

I know im going to lose a load of height from my current tv but will i have a greater FOV with the ultrawide? being able to see one of the mirrors with the correct fov set?

Theirs a video on youtube but i dont speak spanish here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSibKKjLn74

Does anyone have one and what are your thoughts?

Thanks
    I have one, I first bought the 1080p version, for gaming it was great the lower resolution did not bother me. But outside games I could not get used to the lower res. So i exchanged it for the 1440p. I am glad I did, I still play my games in 1080p (I only have a GTX1080ti to drive it), but outside I am a much happier camper. I am glad I made the move. I am still playing with the field of view, but so far so good.

I had a frankenstein triple setup before, 24-27-24 which was running great in Pcars but could not be used in other games. I did not have the space for triple 27. I am very satisfied with my move.
    GPU: AEORUS GTX1080Ti / CPU: Intel i5 3570K@ 4.4GHz/ Mobo: Asus Z77-V PRO/ RAM: 16GB/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Samsung 49" 1440P CRG9 / Wheel: Fanatec DD1-PS4/ Pedals: ECCI
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Atak Kat, bporion

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    Yeah i did the 55" 4kTV for a few years and VR for a years but since getting a 4k monitor I realized what I was missing due to input lag /response time and black levels. I sit 62cm away from it.
    I'm holding off getting a high refresh monitor as then I'll need to upgrade my PC.
    Okay, so here's the deal. Mine's an OLED so the black levels are truly black. Pixel response time is instant. Input lag is 21ms, which falls in line with the need to provide a stable 60hz up to date image which the TV can provide. The line-up this year (LG 9-series) is faster and has an input lag that suits 120hz update rate.

Sure you can have 1ms of input lag, but the screen has to be able to render that fast as well or else it won't help much. At which point 144hz is by far not fast enough.

I went for OLED because of a couple of things. Looking at OLED is less straining on the eyes, whilst looking in a conventional screen with backlight is like looking in a flashlight. Especially at this size and with the modern brightness levels of screens.

Next is contrast with HDR and absolute black levels of OLED it just makes everything look better, and makes even older games and movies look fresh again.

Lastly it's the instant pixel response time, because with images that are in flux due to movement (which in gaming is most often the case) a screen with a delayed pixel response time means it takes longer for the screen to become sharp and clear for the eyes. This means that the eye has to wait before it can focus on anything on the screen until it's sharp enough that it can distinguish what it is. So an instant pixel response time will give an always sharp and clear gaming experience.
    This is not to say fluid, because for that you indeed need higher frequency refresh rates, but for that you also need a system that can handle it. With 4k gaming still not being mainstream and the need for a beefy card for it, I thought it would be wise to stick to 60hz gaming and not wait until this years model. Especially since my previous TV that I used as a monitor was getting more and more issues.

So yeah, if you get a high refresh monitor than get an OLED one if you can.
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiaan van Beilen View Post
    Okay, so here's the deal. Mine's an OLED so the black levels are truly black. Pixel response time is instant. Input lag is 21ms, which falls in line with the need to provide a stable 60hz up to date image which the TV can provide. The line-up this year (LG 9-series) is faster and has an input lag that suits 120hz update rate.

Sure you can have 1ms of input lag, but the screen has to be able to render that fast as well or else it won't help much. At which point 144hz is by far not fast enough.

I went for OLED because of a couple of things. Looking at OLED is less straining on the eyes, whilst looking in a conventional screen with backlight is like looking in a flashlight. Especially at this size and with the modern brightness levels of screens.

Next is contrast with HDR and absolute black levels of OLED it just makes everything look better, and makes even older games and movies look fresh again.

Lastly it's the instant pixel response time, because with images that are in flux due to movement (which in gaming is most often the case) a screen with a delayed pixel response time means it takes longer for the screen to become sharp and clear for the eyes. This means that the eye has to wait before it can focus on anything on the screen until it's sharp enough that it can distinguish what it is. So an instant pixel response time will give an always sharp and clear gaming experience.
    This is not to say fluid, because for that you indeed need higher frequency refresh rates, but for that you also need a system that can handle it. With 4k gaming still not being mainstream and the need for a beefy card for it, I thought it would be wise to stick to 60hz gaming and not wait until this years model. Especially since my previous TV that I used as a monitor was getting more and more issues.

So yeah, if you get a high refresh monitor than get an OLED one if you can.
    but first make sure to rob a bank !
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Dell Alienware AW3418DW \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ Logitech z5500 THX \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 \ Clubsport Shifter SQ \ Clubsport Formula Carbon \ BMW GT2 Wheel \ Clubsport F1 2018 Limited Edition \ Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals\ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Platform
    PC
    and get away without getting caught LOL
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Yup, or sell a testicle to a tranny in waiting. Or the usual kidney still seems go for a fine penny as well. lol
    Christiaan's Pure FFB (latest version: v1.06 (date: 14-01-2020)): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ARS2-FFB-File)

Nicknames elsewhere on the web (incl. Steam, XBN, PSN, etc): LogiForce or LogiForce86

System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA 8GB - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - LG OLED55B8PLA TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)

Platform
    PC
    A triple setup suits more for race games than a ultrawide. At least that is my opinion.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: Charger

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I think you're refering to the monitor using wrong name? Look at this reddit thread about UW monitors for racing. The monitor mentioned here is this one from amz.

I went and googled best UW monitors and found this article featuring it as the best option. I'm personally using a ViewSonic that costs $700 but go for more if you have the budget
    The following user likes this Post: bporion