Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Samsung C49RG9 ultrawide .....Anyone have one?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by lyons75 View Post
    I think you're refering to the monitor using wrong name? Look at this reddit thread about UW monitors for racing. The monitor mentioned here is this one from amz.

I went and googled best UW monitors and found this article featuring it as the best option. I'm personally using a ViewSonic that costs $700 but go for more if you have the budget
    The OP (and me) are referring to Super-Ultrawides. 32:9

There are 2 options from Samsung.
    1. last years model (LC49HG9.....or usually called CHG90), which is 49", 32:9, but has 3840x1080 resolution. It is a 144Hz monitor though.
    - lots of reviews to be found, usually the comments say that it is good, but people notice the resolution is not great (1080).
    - from what I could tell, the links you posted refer to this model, which is the older model from last year.
    2. this year's newest model (LC49RG9.... or usually called CRG90), which is same size and dimension, but has 5120x1440 resolution. It is a 120Hz monitor.
    - this is the one the OP is referring to. Recently selling only in the last couple of months. Some places it's hard to find, but it is available. Very expensive, and not a lot of reviews to be found yet for this new one. But resolution is much higher than the previous model.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44
    Steam: Atak_Kat

Platform
    PC
    so im now looking at the c49rg9 but im pretty sure my 1080ti will not be enough to power this beast what do you guys think ? the monitor is on special !!
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Dell Alienware AW3418DW \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ Logitech z5500 THX \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 \ Clubsport Shifter SQ \ Clubsport Formula Carbon \ BMW GT2 Wheel \ Clubsport F1 2018 Limited Edition \ Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals\ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I have it for several months now. I also have 1080ti and 8700k

ZERO regrets.

I can't tell you what graphics settings you could run in PC2 since I really don't play it anymore.
    But other titles I'm running pretty quite graphics settings and don't really have any issues with frame rates:
    -ACC settings are certainly not 'epic', but pretty high. I typically have 75-90fps and can get it a lot higher if needed. But I prefer nice graphics as long as my fps is somewhere in that range.
    - iRacing, frame rates almost whatever you want. Easily more than the 120hz max.
    - AC, similar to iRacing. Easy frame rates, but depends on ContentManager/SOL/Shaders patch features you might activate. You will bog it down if you activate all the eye candy, but much of that is interesting but not really needed.

I like the Freesync option as well. Works well for me with my 1080ti even if not certified, but I'm still experimenting with it. Sometimes I find some flickering when I use the ultimate free sync setting... still experimenting with that.

The HDR is also nice. Only complaint there is that the lighting zones (or whatever they are called) are a bit strange whenever you have a really dark screen with limited areas of graphics. Example can be the intro screens of games which are often black, but with logo/text in the middle. When in HDR mode, you see the lighting zone really obvious in the centre (where the text/logo of the game usually appears). Never noticed any issue while in a game, but it's obvious when the conditions are like that.

Hope it helps. I think the 1080ti is still plenty to drive this monitor. Your expectations might be far higher than mine though. For all the games I play, I've not found one yet where I try higher graphics settings and see that I'm missing something, or sacrificing something in order to keep frame rates.
    The following user likes this Post: bporion

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    I have it for several months now. I also have 1080ti and 8700k

ZERO regrets.

I can't tell you what graphics settings you could run in PC2 since I really don't play it anymore.
    But other titles I'm running pretty quite graphics settings and don't really have any issues with frame rates:
    -ACC settings are certainly not 'epic', but pretty high. I typically have 75-90fps and can get it a lot higher if needed. But I prefer nice graphics as long as my fps is somewhere in that range.
    - iRacing, frame rates almost whatever you want. Easily more than the 120hz max.
    - AC, similar to iRacing. Easy frame rates, but depends on ContentManager/SOL/Shaders patch features you might activate. You will bog it down if you activate all the eye candy, but much of that is interesting but not really needed.

I like the Freesync option as well. Works well for me with my 1080ti even if not certified, but I'm still experimenting with it. Sometimes I find some flickering when I use the ultimate free sync setting... still experimenting with that.

The HDR is also nice. Only complaint there is that the lighting zones (or whatever they are called) are a bit strange whenever you have a really dark screen with limited areas of graphics. Example can be the intro screens of games which are often black, but with logo/text in the middle. When in HDR mode, you see the lighting zone really obvious in the centre (where the text/logo of the game usually appears). Never noticed any issue while in a game, but it's obvious when the conditions are like that.

Hope it helps. I think the 1080ti is still plenty to drive this monitor. Your expectations might be far higher than mine though. For all the games I play, I've not found one yet where I try higher graphics settings and see that I'm missing something, or sacrificing something in order to keep frame rates.
    thanks for the input . i have been looking into getting this monitor for a while now and opinions seem to differ and i dont want to get triples .
    OS : Windows 10 64 bit \ Processor : Intel Core i7 8700k \ RAM : Corsair Vengeance led 3000mhz DDR4 16GB \ MB : S1151 ATX ASUS TUF Z370 PRO Gaming \ games on D : ST 1000DM003-1SB102 ATA Device \ ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB \ Cooler Master HAF XM case \ Dell Alienware AW3418DW \ Buttkicker Gamer Pro 2 whit Simhub \ Logitech z5500 THX \ RSEAT RS1 Assetto Corsa edition \ Fanatec V2 \ Clubsport Shifter SQ \ Clubsport Formula Carbon \ BMW GT2 Wheel \ Clubsport F1 2018 Limited Edition \ Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals\ Renovatio SRD9C CSW sli-style data display \ Sim Racing Hardware Monsta \ Oculus Rift S and Touch System .

First racing game : Auto Racing from Intellivision .

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bporion View Post
    thanks for the input . i have been looking into getting this monitor for a while now and opinions seem to differ and i dont want to get triples .
    I'm using this CRG9 with Track IR. It's quite a good option from my perspective.
    The CRG9 is pretty wide. Track IR makes it easy to get just a bit more without much issue.
    Track IR on smaller screens is disorienting for me. But on the big 32:9, it actually becomes quite natural because you are already turning your head to see the sides of the screen anyway..... And you don't need a massive amount of virtual movement. Just a bit.
    The following user likes this Post: bporion