Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please give us better options to prevent crasher´s in Multiplayer

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehands View Post
    I thought quali ghosting was a hosting setting for slow moving cars on the track?
    That's a separate thing and it is also applicable for the race. The specific ghosting discussed above only has to do with qualifying and is related to new drivers joining the lobby.

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    That's a separate thing and it is also applicable for the race. The specific ghosting discussed above only has to do with qualifying and is related to new drivers joining the lobby.
    OK, treat all cars as being solid and drive realistically at all times.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    OK, treat all cars as being solid and drive realistically at all times.
    You cannot really do that, because when the other car is ghosted, it means the other driver can not see you at all. So he can easily go through you, without even knowing that he is doing that from your POV. So when that happens, realism goes out of the window anyway.

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    You cannot really do that, because when the other car is ghosted, it means the other driver can not see you at all. So he can easily go through you, without even knowing that he is doing that from your POV. So when that happens, realism goes out of the window anyway.
    Yeah, but you should treat all cars as solid at all times.

Platform
    PC
    I thought quali ghosting was a hosting setting for slow moving cars on the track?
    Ive also had it on fast moving cars - but AFAIK it was an option on the lobby.
    CASE: Define Mini C TG l MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M DH3 l CPU: i5 8600k @4.8 l COOLER: Celsius S24 l GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 @1911 l RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz l SSD: 4x 250GB l OS: Win 10 Pro x64 l WHEEL: Logitech G29 l SHIFTER: Logitech G Driving Force l VR: Oculus Rift CV1 l Screen: LG 55" 4k TV
    Steam ID: MartinMWWebb

Platform
    PC
    My solution to this was to switch to Iracing. I can actually start a race, a rolling start even, and not have to worry about the ( quite possibly a 12 year old) person behind me trying to overtake the field in turn one. I understand the $expense of Iracing, but to me it’s worth it to be able to race cleanly most of the time. Because you are paying for it it is taken more seriously and more “adults” vs young “gamers”.

I still come race on PC2 from time to time and will usually not put in a qualifying lap, start last and let the field crash itself on lap 1 and pick my way through. Not the most fun way to race but I have had bad results starting towards the front, being crashed from behind.
    PC2 user SLOWLEAK Fanatec : Trakracer : Alienware : GTX1080TI : RIFT

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by supremedk View Post
    My solution to this was to switch to Iracing. I can actually start a race, a rolling start even, and not have to worry about the ( quite possibly a 12 year old) person behind me trying to overtake the field in turn one. I understand the $expense of Iracing, but to me it’s worth it to be able to race cleanly most of the time. Because you are paying for it it is taken more seriously and more “adults” vs young “gamers”.

I still come race on PC2 from time to time and will usually not put in a qualifying lap, start last and let the field crash itself on lap 1 and pick my way through. Not the most fun way to race but I have had bad results starting towards the front, being crashed from behind.
    I think Sim Racing System will make a big difference to public races. No way am I ever going back to iRacing.The iRacing UK forum was one of the most clique ridden and unfieldly gaming communities of all time.

Platform
    PC
    Even though I do 95% of my seat time in Iracing now I still frequent this forum. I only use the Iracing forum for specific info I may need/want. I read another thread in the multiplayer section about a new dedicated server lobby, sounds promising, http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...r-(Poll-inside)
    PC2 user SLOWLEAK Fanatec : Trakracer : Alienware : GTX1080TI : RIFT

Platform
    PC
    I think Sim Racing System will make a big difference to public races.
    If people start using it... So far, a race with 2 drivers is a rarity, most have 1 or none.