Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ffb

Platform
    PS4
    Na I'm just parroting the smart people from this forum

Who, coincidentally, were part of the motivation for me going back to school.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Most real ffb?
    You'd want raw, 100 gain, tone and FX <20 and adjust volume to avoid clipping.
    Also in car setup adjust caster for "weight" and "feel".
    hi there, can you explain me please the part you say "Also in car setup adjust caster for "weight" and "feel", im using yor FFB settings and are really cool (i just raise volume to 55 because i wanna feel the weel more havier, but now you talk about caster.....and i dont now what you mean, can you tell me please? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taatguna View Post
    hi there, can you explain me please the part you say "Also in car setup adjust caster for "weight" and "feel", im using yor FFB settings and are really cool (i just raise volume to 55 because i wanna feel the weel more havier, but now you talk about caster.....and i dont now what you mean, can you tell me please? thanks
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caster_angle

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    I set my FFB by driving my FRS, parking it in my garage, and then driving the GT-86 in PC2. (with it already loaded and waiting, to minimize time between RL and sim)

Basically, 100 raw felt like what I would expect my FRS to feel like *without power steering*. (Too stiff)

I don't remember the actual gain setting where it felt real, but it's somewhere in the 80's.

This is just one car comparison, so my FFB may be wrong for every other car, but the 86 is the one that I really want to work, so I made sure I got it as close to RL as possible.
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3800X / GTX 1080 ti / 32gb DDR4 @3600 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    PS4
    Have a read of this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    Now also drive with maximum and minimum caster angles. Force the car into understeer, oversteer, front brake and rear brake lock situations to understand what the caster is doing at your steering wheel.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    thanks

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Have a read of this:

Now also drive with maximum and minimum caster angles. Force the car into understeer, oversteer, front brake and rear brake lock situations to understand what the caster is doing at your steering wheel.
    Thanks...usualy i drive GTE, GT3, and in setup a ferreri for example the caster only goes from 5.5 to 7.5 but then inthe discription says you must cmobine with camber, so im i talking the same caster as you?

Platform
    PS4
    Thanks...usualy i drive GTE, GT3, and in setup a ferreri for example the caster only goes from 5.5 to 7.5...
    And that is enough to cause a major difference in terms of steering feel (ffb).

...but then inthe discription says you must cmobine with camber, so im i talking the same caster as you?
    Which is correct. Caster has an effect on the dynamic camber angle. With greater caster, the camber angle of the front wheels increase as you turn the steering wheel.
    So, with high caster, you can reduce your static camber. For example at Monza - minimum static camber is good for braking but you also want camber for the corners.
    So you can reduce camber but increase caster to achieve that.
    If you don't have a complex data logging solution, you can roughly balance the caster vs camber settings by monitoring your tyre temperature spread (inner/middle/outer edge).
    So it can get fairly complex and the 0.01 second differences matter if you're a professional in a high level competition.
    Or just set the caster where it feels best
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    And that is enough to cause a major difference in terms of steering feel (ffb).

Which is correct. Caster has an effect on the dynamic camber angle. With greater caster, the camber angle of the front wheels increase as you turn the steering wheel.
    So, with high caster, you can reduce your static camber. For example at Monza - minimum static camber is good for braking but you also want camber for the corners.
    So you can reduce camber but increase caster to achieve that.
    If you don't have a complex data logging solution, you can roughly balance the caster vs camber settings by monitoring your tyre temperature spread (inner/middle/outer edge).
    So it can get fairly complex and the 0.01 second differences matter if you're a professional in a high level competition.
    Or just set the caster where it feels best
    truly thanks mate.
    I bought a wheel for about 2 monthes (Thrustmaster tx ) i know its not a high end wheel but its a good start, even in a guy like me who allways played with a controller and in Pcar 1 i was really good but in pcars 2 just cant play so i finaly gor money to by a wheel....im still fighting with the breaks, i play with no assists but im not consistante with breaks...but now with that thing caster and camber in mind i know i must practice a lot....thanks again

Platform
    PS4
    ... im still fighting with the breaks, i play with no assists but im not consistante with breaks...
    I'd also recommend watching some videos on YT about "threshold braking". Iracing has some great animated tutorials.

After that, there are a couple of settings that will make it easier.
    Set brake bias to your wheel and adjust on the fly. If you're getting front lock, push the bias to the rear until you get rears locking.
    Also have a play with the brake sensitivity (under controller settings - mine is at ~35) and brake pressure (in car setup).
    Last edited by hkraft300; 13-09-2019 at 19:08.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10