Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ffb

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Ffb

Hi everyone please help me for the best force feed back i want a most real ffb or the most popular
    My wheel its the tmx
    Thanks Frank����
    Last edited by MajorPain; 06-07-2019 at 06:51.

Platform
    PS4
    Most real ffb?
    You'd want raw, 100 gain, tone and FX <20 and adjust volume to avoid clipping.
    Also in car setup adjust caster for "weight" and "feel".
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    That's a very subjective question which I, personally, don't believe has a single answer - everyone 'feels' the cars differently. But, I also have a TMX on Xbox One X and feel 'Raw' with FX turned to 0 works for me. Or as follows:

Flavour: Raw
    Gain: 100 (this enables the full width of feedbacj to be transmitted - you can then chnage the following settings to reduce clipping etc.)
    Volume: 50-95 (a personal setting and needs adjusting in accordance to how heavy you prefer the wheel and how you adjust tone)
    Tone: 35 ( my personal - but this can be as low as 0 for a very neutral feeling or as high as you feel you personally like it)
    FX: 0 (this is the bit that, the TMX anyway, makes all the difference. The TMX is not a high-end wheel, PC2 delivers a huge amount of feedbak informationwhich seems to confuse/overpower the TMX. Setting this to 0 eliminates this problem and allows the wheel to better concentrate on the fundamental elements above)

Agian, very personal, and just my feelings on my wheel with my driving style.
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by TinPeach View Post
    That's a very subjective question which I, personally, don't believe has a single answer - everyone 'feels' the cars differently....
    I'll disagree.
    The raw profile sends only steering rack forces. The other profiles enhances the ffb with Sop and other physics-derived ffb forces that normally would not be experienced through the steering wheel of a real car.
    Thus, raw is the most accurate of the ffb profiles. Because you don't feel g-forces or Sop or rear traction through the steering wheel of a real car.
    What you mostly feel is the caster effect, which is the Mz force (low tone).
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I think you've miss-undrerstood my point. The poster asked for the 'best' settings, rather than true-to-life

What I feel are best for me may not be best for you, or the original poster.

No matter what technical differences are being fed back in profiles, which are black and white. They still then have to be interpreted by ones brain etc., something that is very much not black and white, and provide a bespoke feeling to each indivudual that either feels good or not so good.

I'm not sure that is always the most 'true-to-life', rather, what one prefers. Hence some preferring the addtional informaiton that a wheel alone would not provide in a real car, they have lost so many other senses normally associated wth driving a vehicle they require them to be fed through the wheel - as this is the only conduit left to do so?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Soz, just to add.

hkraft300 - Looking at our approach to settings, even though we have different wheels, it still seems we are very similar.

Platform
    PS4
    ... . The poster asked for the 'best' settings, rather than true-to-life

Actually...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorPain View Post
    .... i want a most real ffb or the most popular
    But I agree, ffb is a very personal thing. Most people I guess like to supplement the missing information into their wheels via ffb.

hkraft300 - Looking at our approach to settings, even though we have different wheels, it still seems we are very similar.
    Interesting.
    The other profiles give me information I'm not accustomed to receiving from a wheel when I'm driving. So I stick to RAW.
    It's not exciting or dramatic. Rather, simple and clear.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Exactly the same for me, simple and clear, couldn't have put it better. I also completely remove FX for this reason (plus my wheel does not cope well with those elements).

Do you/have you raced/done many track days? I work in automotive so get to spend various days per year testing new models from manufactuerers at Millbrook Proving Grounds / Silverstone.

Platform
    PS4
    Exactly the same for me, simple and clear, couldn't have put it better. I also completely remove FX for this reason (plus my wheel does not cope well with those elements).

Do you/have you raced/done many track days? I work in automotive so get to spend various days per year testing new models from manufactuerers at Millbrook Proving Grounds / Silverstone.
    That's amazing.
    No, just the occasional rent-a-kart for track experience. Spanner my own cars. Study engineering.

Sims are all so complex now it translates with real life at a much higher level than the average sim racer understands.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    You're not wrong, they certainly have come on leaps and bounds - especially console based. Thought I would ask as your posts are normally so well informed.

Just in case my last statement sounded a little 'race driver' esq., I'm only a marketing director rather than a test driver - it's just a perk which comes with the industry.