Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: The GT2 Class is coming back.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    ACTUALLY Pratt and miller RUN the operation the same way Team Joest runs Mazda's DPI program that being said Chevy does do R&D on new potential parts for corvette through the racing program as Doug Fehan has said several times in interviews what they develop on track goes
    towards the road car production development

Porsche and Ford do not own their own teams either Porsche in IMSA is run by Core Autosport who also run a prototype team and its run by Manthey Racing In Europe and the ford team is run by Chip Ganassi racing in both US and Europe but stuff they develop for the race car in both cases both go towards the road car

https://www.imsa.com/corvette-camaro...t-counterparts
    I really hate debating.

"ACTUALLY Pratt and miller RUN the operation"
    that's what I said..?

Pratt & Miller E&F builds racing vehicles for GM, and owns Team Corvette Racing, they are GM's go to Racing Brand.

"that being said Chevy does do R&D on new potential parts for corvette through the racing program as Doug Fehan has said several times in interviews what they develop on track goes
    towards the road car production development"

didn't I not say: "and Chevrolet doesn't need a GTE program to produce new parts, as the whole point of automotive racing is to develop new parts, doesn't matter if it's GTE or GT3, you're always going to be developing new parts and tech to stay ahead of the competitors."

"Porsche and Ford do not own their own teams either Porsche in IMSA is run by Core Autosport who also run a prototype team and its run by Manthey Racing In Europe and the ford team is run by Chip Ganassi racing in both US and Europe but stuff they develop for the race car in both cases both go towards the road car"

Porsche does own a racing team it called the Porsche GT Works Racing Team further more PCNA is owned by Porsche, they are subsidiaries under Porsche--this is Porsche's IMSA/WEC subsidiary racing team, this team runs the RED, BLACK, and WHITE livery.

also Ford's racing team is Ford Racing(Ford Performance), these are the people who build the race cars for Chip Ganassi and other teams, while also racing/testing with their own team.

the difference between GM, Ford and Porsche, is that Porsche and Ford actually makes their own race cars.. GM does not.
    you're not supposed to go into the light, you're supposed to drift around it.
    Simulations 7:07
    drivers are not alive, the car is.
    Simulations 7:20

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    I really hate debating.

that's what I said..?

Pratt & Miller E&F builds racing vehicles for GM, and owns Team Corvette Racing, they are GM's go to Racing Brand.

"that being said Chevy does do R&D on new potential parts for corvette through the racing program as Doug Fehan has said several times in interviews what they develop on track goes

didn't I not say: "and Chevrolet doesn't need a GTE program to produce new parts, as the whole point of automotive racing is to develop new parts, doesn't matter if it's GTE or GT3, you're always going to be developing new parts and tech to stay ahead of the competitors."

"Porsche and Ford do not own their own teams either Porsche in IMSA is run by Core Autosport who also run a prototype team and its run by Manthey Racing In Europe and the ford team is run by Chip Ganassi racing in both US and Europe but stuff they develop for the race car in both cases both go towards the road car"

Porsche does own a racing team it called the Porsche GT Works Racing Team further more PCNA is owned by Porsche, they are subsidiaries under Porsche--this is Porsche's IMSA/WEC subsidiary racing team, this team runs the RED, BLACK, and WHITE livery.

also Ford's racing team is Ford Racing(Ford Performance), these are the people who build the race cars for Chip Ganassi and other teams, while also racing/testing with their own team.

the difference between GM, Ford and Porsche, is that Porsche and Ford actually makes their own race cars.. GM does not.
    the porsche GTLM team is run by Core Autosport

http://coreautosport.com/racing-programs/

they are based right down Interstate 77 from me in Rock Hill South carolina im in Charlotte NC

as for ford the only three teams that run the Ford GT that i know of is Chip Ganassi Racing IMSA teams Chip Ganassi Racing UK WEC teams and Keatings motorsports Ford Picked Chip Ganassi To run the Ford GT's for them Ford may have made the cars BUT Chip Ganassi is who runs the team including Putting the cars together

but this is pointless to argue about as i have my opinion you have yours i love GTLM/GTE and see no point for GT2 as it doesnt really fit anywhere and makes no sence plus iv already stated my opinion about it thinning the herd out to much
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

Platform
    PS4
    Tomayto or tomahto.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Tomayto or tomahto.
    Pahtayto
    Pahtahto

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Pratt & Miller the people who owns Team Corvette uhh doesn't make production parts for corvette... Chevrolet does... and Chevrolet doesn't need a GTE program to produce new parts, as the whole point of automotive racing is to develop new parts, doesn't matter if it's GTE or GT3, you're always going to be developing new parts and tech to stay ahead of the competitors.

GTE has rear view cams...
    GT3 also has rear view cams....

so where is the problem with GTE and GT3 joining together? creating a new class with new regulations, more marques in it etc. this new class can be the more "Pro/AM" class while the GT2 class can be regulated to AM.
    The problem is they are 2 classes with completely different concepts and ideals. Also, if they join together GTE at Le Mans becomes unbearably messy, the factory GTE/GT3 entries alone would be enough to fill the grid. This has a knock-on effect further down the line and in the other classes globally.

Also, there are several fundemental differences. Factory teams, driving aids, rulebook (GTE has one) and many more beliefs contrast. You also can't forget is that SRO still technically has a proportion of ownership for GT3, and if it was to merge and became to professional they would also be capable of setting up their own version of GT3 again.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I really hate debating.

that's what I said..?

-Porsche do not have a full-factory racing team other than their LMP1/FE team. The entire factory GT effort in Europe is ran by Manthey.
    -Porsche do not own CORE Autosport, they pay them to run the GTLM effort.
    -Well technically Fords Motorsport department is Ford Performance, but Multimatic built the GTE car and also run it.
    -Ford haven't ever ran a full factory car in-house in GTE.

Porsche have Manthey and CORE, Ferrari have AF corse, Ford have Multimatic and Chip Ganssi Racing, Chevrolet have Pratt & Miller, Aston Martin have Prodrive, BMW have RLL and MTEK.

No GTE effort is an in-house factory effort. Some may build the cars themselves, but several of them (including Chevrolet and Ford) do not.

Platform
    PS4
    Well that's like saying Joest was entirely responsible for Audi's dominance in LMP1. Audi may have just...
    provided all the money,
    And the engineers,
    And the R&D,
    And the spare parts,
    And the updates...
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following 2 users likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1, Tank621

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    The problem is they are 2 classes with completely different concepts and ideals. Also, if they join together GTE at Le Mans becomes unbearably messy, the factory GTE/GT3 entries alone would be enough to fill the grid. This has a knock-on effect further down the line and in the other classes globally.

Also, there are several fundemental differences. Factory teams, driving aids, rulebook (GTE has one) and many more beliefs contrast. You also can't forget is that SRO still technically has a proportion of ownership for GT3, and if it was to merge and became to professional they would also be capable of setting up their own version of GT3 again.
    "The problem is they are 2 classes with completely different concepts and ideals. Also, if they join together GTE at Le Mans becomes unbearably messy, the factory GTE/GT3 entries alone would be enough to fill the grid. This has a knock-on effect further down the line and in the other classes globally."

you do understand that when I mean by "join" the classes together = new regulations etc etc. so you saying "two different classes born from two different regulations" don't really mean anything when the new class like any other class, will have different regulations to go with the class in hand.

"Also, there are several fundamental differences. Factory teams, driving aids, rulebook (GTE has one) and many more beliefs contrast. You also can't forget is that SRO still technically has a proportion of ownership for GT3, and if it was to merge and became to professional they would also be capable of setting up their own version of GT3 again."
    as I said before, when you join together two different classes, you have to update said class to the regulations, you think that the SRO if they ever do mix GTE and GT3 together they'll just gonna simply choose one or the other regulation?
    Last edited by REXPITVIPER1; 11-07-2019 at 22:31.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    -Porsche do not have a full-factory racing team other than their LMP1/FE team. The entire factory GT effort in Europe is ran by Manthey.
    -Porsche do not own CORE Autosport, they pay them to run the GTLM effort.
    -Well technically Fords Motorsport department is Ford Performance, but Multimatic built the GTE car and also run it.
    -Ford haven't ever ran a full factory car in-house in GTE.

Porsche have Manthey and CORE, Ferrari have AF corse, Ford have Multimatic and Chip Ganssi Racing, Chevrolet have Pratt & Miller, Aston Martin have Prodrive, BMW have RLL and MTEK.

No GTE effort is an in-house factory effort. Some may build the cars themselves, but several of them (including Chevrolet and Ford) do not.
    "-Porsche do not have a full-factory racing team other than their LMP1/FE team. The entire factory GT effort in Europe is ran by Manthey."
    I searched this up, here is CORE's own words.
    Quote Originally Posted by CORE AUTOSPORT
    Porsche Factory Team
    In September of 2013, it was announced that the North American arm of Porsche would create its first factory-racing program. Porsche North America is a combined effort between Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) and Porsche Motorsport North America (PMNA) to field two Porsche 911 RSR, a car which had already found success in the FIA World Endurance Championship, finishing 1-2 in the GTE-Pro class at the 2013 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Porsche North America partnered with CORE autosport to prepare the No. 911 and No. 912 Porsche 911 RSR. The partnership saw immediate success with a victory at the 2014 Rolex 24 at Daytona and followed it up with a win at the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring. Porsche North America’s debut season culminated in a GT Le Mans (GTLM) Manufacturers’ Championship for Porsche and the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup GTLM crown. For 2015, the two cars will continue to feature a full Porsche factory driver lineup and will contest the entire TUDOR United SportsCar Championship.
    and Manthey Racing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Manthey Racing
    Factory racing
    Manthey-Racing is assigned by Porsche AG to take care about two Porsche 911 RSR in the World Endurance Championship (WEC). This includes the legendary 24h race of Le Mans, as well as global endurcance races. In this factory projects Manthey-Racing is taking care about the whole processing including the maintenance of the cars as well as logistics and scheduling.

Moreover Manthey-Racing participates together with Porsche and the support of further partners in the VLN endurance championship with an Porsche 911 GT3 R.

"-Porsche do not own CORE Autosport, they pay them to run the GTLM effort."
    yes. I know this, but they do own PCNA... which also Co-Owns the PCNA GT Racing Team... well they technically own the racing team. CORE just supplies drivers, and runs the cars for the brand.
    technically, CORE or Manthey etc don't really own the cars, nor the name. they just own the drivers, and the livery.. this is why when you visit the website's of said racing team, they always say "CO-OWN" because guess what Stewy? the person/company funding the team, owns the team.. Pratt & Miller owns Team Corvette, they own it fully 100%, they also build and customize GM's racing cars, Chevrolet doesn't really do much, they just give them the name, and the car, that's it. P&M fund their own team.

"-Well technically Fords Motorsport department is Ford Performance, but Multimatic built the GTE car and also run it."
    yes. I know this. Multimatic built the 2005+ Ford GT GT1 and Ford GT GT2, they are technically a partner to Ford Performance, but the car is... ran by Chip Ganassi by your logic. I mean how can Manthey run the Porsche 911 GT3, but Chip Ganassi doesn't run their own Ford GT GTE? weird.

You do understand that the Marques funds the team, Chip runs it, and Multi builds it. they all own the team, but the Marque that said team name is on? yeah that is their team even if they technically "don't own it" as their the person giving the team MONEY. whichh is uhhh used to y'know run the damn team.

https://multimaticmotorsports.com/
    I checked the Ford GT GTE on Multimatic's website.

Quote Originally Posted by MultimaticMotorsports.com
    Based at Multimatic Motorsports Europe in Greatworth Park, Ford Chip Ganassi Racing UK campaigns the Ford GT in the FIA World Endurance Championship for LMGTE Pro Teams.

In partnership with Ford Performance, Multimatic Engineering has prepared the racing version of Ford’s GT supercar using Multimatic’s in-house, global expertise in vehicle dynamics and simulation, design and manufacturing of niche vehicles, composites and components, and Multimatic DSSV™ spool-valve damping technology.

The two-car FIA WEC effort contests nine races on four continents, racing alongside Ford Chip Ganassi Racing USA at the major 24-hour races at Daytona and Le Mans.

"No GTE effort is an in-house factory effort. Some may build the cars themselves, but several of them (including Chevrolet and Ford) do not."
    the difference between GM, Ford and Porsche, is that Porsche and Ford actually makes their own race cars.. GM does not.. thank you for restating something I already said.

Platform
    PS4
    Part of the problem is the different organisations coming up with rules and regs and names however they feel like.
    Leaving the casual follower confused.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following 2 users likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1, r_outsider