Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The GT2 Class is coming back.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Part of the problem is the different organisations coming up with rules and regs and names however they feel like.
    Leaving the casual follower confused.
    good point.
    you're not supposed to go into the light, you're supposed to drift around it.
    Simulations 7:07
    drivers are not alive, the car is.
    Simulations 7:20

Platform
    PC
    Yeah I think with GT2 probably slower overall on most tracks it's going to get very confusing. If I had my way GT500/DTM/Class One would be GT1, GTE/LM would be GT2, GT3 would stay as it is, GT2 would be GT4, GT4 would then become GT5.

Oviously the initial transitional phase would be confusing but in the end it'll all alot easier to understand.

And as a random thought they should have an invitational class of a small numberof cars at Le Mans, every year they invite a different class to compete against the usual grid, so one year they could have DPi, the next GT500, then GT3 and so on, obviously there aren't too many options and it would repeat itself fairly often but it would just be cool to do.
    SAVE BELLE VUE STADIUM- https://www.change.org/p/save-belle-vue-stadium
    Tank's Tank Talk- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following user likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    Yeah I think with GT2 probably slower overall on most tracks it's going to get very confusing. If I had my way GT500/DTM/Class One would be GT1, GTE/LM would be GT2, GT3 would stay as it is, GT2 would be GT4, GT4 would then become GT5.

Oviously the initial transitional phase would be confusing but in the end it'll all alot easier to understand.

And as a random thought they should have an invitational class of a small numberof cars at Le Mans, every year they invite a different class to compete against the usual grid, so one year they could have DPi, the next GT500, then GT3 and so on, obviously there aren't too many options and it would repeat itself fairly often but it would just be cool to do.
    well yer see, this wouldn't be happening if FIA didn't start shifting classes around like legos. GT1 started in BPR, then moved to FIA GT, then moved into another championship, then another, then maybe another one. I'm surprised GTE hasn't been swapped around as much as GT2, GT1, or GT3.

Platform
    PS4
    GT3 has been pretty well accepted by many different GT championships around the world. So it's done something right.
    Maybe ACO and IMSA have kept a tight leash on the GTE/GTLM regs, thereby making it super exclusive. Who knows?
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following 2 users likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1, Tank621

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    GT3 has been pretty well accepted by many different GT championships around the world. So it's done something right.
    Maybe ACO and IMSA have kept a tight leash on the GTE/GTLM regs, thereby making it super exclusive. Who knows?
    that's prolly why limited marques are in GTE, because it's super inclusive... maybe.. I really don't know.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PC
    I don't think GTE is all that inclusive. It's just that certain manufacturers think it's more viable to build for GT3 rather than GTE because they can sell more cars, and have a further global reach. GTE has 3 series they can race in; IMSA, WEC, and ELMS. GT3 meanwhile, has a more global reach, especially since SRO has taken European, American, and Asian GT series under it's wing. So, it makes more sense to build for that instead of GTE, even to the point where Ferrari and Aston Martin build cars that can be used for both GTE and GT3.

Personally, I think the FIA and SRO need to come together and come up with a single set of regulations so that manufactures won't have to choose between one or the other, or spend the money so they cars can do both. It'll save money for everyone involved, and we could even see more manufacturers in WEC, and we all know they desperately need that.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    I don't think GTE is all that inclusive. It's just that certain manufacturers think it's more viable to build for GT3 rather than GTE because they can sell more cars, and have a further global reach. GTE has 3 series they can race in; IMSA, WEC, and ELMS. GT3 meanwhile, has a more global reach, especially since SRO has taken European, American, and Asian GT series under it's wing. So, it makes more sense to build for that instead of GTE, even to the point where Ferrari and Aston Martin build cars that can be used for both GTE and GT3.

Personally, I think the FIA and SRO need to come together and come up with a single set of regulations so that manufactures won't have to choose between one or the other, or spend the money so they cars can do both. It'll save money for everyone involved, and we could even see more manufacturers in WEC, and we all know they desperately need that.
    in my opinion WEC's big ticket has always been and always will be the premier class of Prototype. BUT right now LMP1 is a bit of a joke with Toyota being the only one with a hybrid and basically being allowed to take the wins them selves, since every time the Privateers start to catch up and would pose a threat to them they are BOPed further back

its exactly why i refuse to watch a WEC race other than le mans because there is a great feeling of the races essentially being rigged in favor of Toyota

and until they get that problem fixed i think they will continue to sink and die
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Ayrton Senna - “If you no longer go for a gap which exists you are no longer a racing driver”
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    well yer see, this wouldn't be happening if FIA didn't start shifting classes around like legos. GT1 started in BPR, then moved to FIA GT, then moved into another championship, then another, then maybe another one. I'm surprised GTE hasn't been swapped around as much as GT2, GT1, or GT3.
    GT1 essentially stayed in the same championship throughout. BPR was given the FIA GT name for 1997, and then FIA GT was reduced to FIA GT1 for 2010.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewy32 View Post
    GT1 essentially stayed in the same championship throughout. BPR was given the FIA GT name for 1997, and then FIA GT was reduced to FIA GT1 for 2010.
    so all that changed was regulations and restrictions?

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    so all that changed was regulations and restrictions?
    Yeah, but the 'GT1' name stayed in the same championship. And after 1999 their were no major regulation changes (and GT2 in 1998 became GT1 for 1999).
    The following user likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1