Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 101

Thread: The GT2 Class is coming back.

  1. #11
    GT3 Pilot dault3883's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,859
    Platform
    PC
    the only potential problem i would have with this class is we already are having dwindling class sizes in the different classes of sports car racing not just in america but in europe too. Too many classes and Too many series is not healthy for any type of racing series as there are only so many race teams to fill the spots in those classes and race series i hope this doesnt further hurt this
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

  2. #12
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    the only potential problem i would have with this class is we already are having dwindling class sizes in the different classes of sports car racing not just in america but in europe too. Too many classes and Too many series is not healthy for any type of racing series as there are only so many race teams to fill the spots in those classes and race series i hope this doesnt further hurt this
    good point...
    you're not supposed to go into the light, you're supposed to drift around it.
    Simulations 7:07
    drivers are not alive, the car is.
    Simulations 7:20

  3. #13
    GT3 Pilot dault3883's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,859
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    good point...
    i mean we have LMP1, LMP2/DPI, LMP3, LMP4, GTE/GTLM Pro, GTE/GTLM AM, GT3 Pro, GT3 AM, GT4 and all of these classes are featured in 2 or more series especially LMP2 - GT3 ESPECIALLY GT3

    then you also have while not strictly sports cars still really fall into the same class in a way DTM, WTCC and its many forms, V8 Supercars

    we are facing a similar problem now as what open wheel faced in america through the 90's and early 2000's when you had CART(later Champ Car) and Indy Racing Leage before they merged. And they are STILL healing from the damage done. We had the same problem in america with sports car racing when we had the Rolex Grand Am series and the American le mans series. It spreads not only the teams out, but the fans out too. There isnt enough time in a weekend to watch ALL OF IT. So in the long run it hurts the whole sport
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1, r_outsider


  4. #14
    GT3 Pilot Olijke Poffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,623
    Platform
    PC
    Now we need a game for it as well.
    Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following user likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1


  5. #15
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    i mean we have LMP1, LMP2/DPI, LMP3, LMP4, GTE/GTLM Pro, GTE/GTLM AM, GT3 Pro, GT3 AM, GT4 and all of these classes are featured in 2 or more series especially LMP2 - GT3 ESPECIALLY GT3

    then you also have while not strictly sports cars still really fall into the same class in a way DTM, WTCC and its many forms, V8 Supercars

    we are facing a similar problem now as what open wheel faced in america through the 90's and early 2000's when you had CART(later Champ Car) and Indy Racing Leage before they merged. And they are STILL healing from the damage done. We had the same problem in america with sports car racing when we had the Rolex Grand Am series and the American le mans series. It spreads not only the teams out, but the fans out too. There isnt enough time in a weekend to watch ALL OF IT. So in the long run it hurts the whole sport
    don't forget all the open wheel cars.

    but in my opinion I have a suspicion that this new Group GT2 class isn't going to replace another class... maybe....
    you're not supposed to go into the light, you're supposed to drift around it.
    Simulations 7:07
    drivers are not alive, the car is.
    Simulations 7:20

  6. #16
    LMP2 Pilot hkraft300's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    8,857
    Platform
    PS4
    So.
    How different is this GT2 category from the Ferrari Challenge and Super Trofeo cars?
    Audi and Porsche have committed to GT2...
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

  7. #17
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Not the end of the world, but you can see it from here
    Posts
    51
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    i mean we have LMP1, LMP2/DPI, LMP3, LMP4, GTE/GTLM Pro, GTE/GTLM AM, GT3 Pro, GT3 AM, GT4 and all of these classes are featured in 2 or more series especially LMP2 - GT3 ESPECIALLY GT3

    then you also have while not strictly sports cars still really fall into the same class in a way DTM, WTCC and its many forms, V8 Supercars

    we are facing a similar problem now as what open wheel faced in america through the 90's and early 2000's when you had CART(later Champ Car) and Indy Racing Leage before they merged. And they are STILL healing from the damage done. We had the same problem in america with sports car racing when we had the Rolex Grand Am series and the American le mans series. It spreads not only the teams out, but the fans out too. There isnt enough time in a weekend to watch ALL OF IT. So in the long run it hurts the whole sport

    I think the worst part of all these different classes is, for the casual fan, especially with multi-class endurance racing, it's all getting a bit confusing. As an example, you could have 911's in what, three or four classes on the same track at the same time with this new category? At least they use the Cayman for GT4. To just someone flipping channels, there isn't much difference between them. And you're completely right about thinning the herd too much.

    On the other hand, I guess it does point to the popularity of sports car racing in general, and GT cars in particular. I just hope they don't go too far. I do like the sounds of a car with more power and less grip, though, I will have to sheepishly admit I find the current crop of GT3's a bit dull, if you can call any racing car that.

  8. #18
    GT3 Pilot dault3883's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,859
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    don't forget all the open wheel cars.

    but in my opinion I have a suspicion that this new Group GT2 class isn't going to replace another class... maybe....
    on the open wheels its a bit different these days you kinda split them into America and Europe as in america Indy car is the Top and it has its own feeder series just like F1 does with F2 and so on

    in Europe you obviously have F1 at top with F2 and formula Renault and such and then Asia has its own too

    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    So.
    How different is this GT2 category from the Ferrari Challenge and Super Trofeo cars?
    Audi and Porsche have committed to GT2...
    I totally forgot about Ferrari Challenge and Super Trofeo i say merge those two with this new class

    you also have GT CUP cars TOO

    Quote Originally Posted by r_outsider View Post
    I think the worst part of all these different classes is, for the casual fan, especially with multi-class endurance racing, it's all getting a bit confusing. As an example, you could have 911's in what, three or four classes on the same track at the same time with this new category? At least they use the Cayman for GT4. To just someone flipping channels, there isn't much difference between them. And you're completely right about thinning the herd too much.

    On the other hand, I guess it does point to the popularity of sports car racing in general, and GT cars in particular. I just hope they don't go too far. I do like the sounds of a car with more power and less grip, though, I will have to sheepishly admit I find the current crop of GT3's a bit dull, if you can call any racing car that.
    I agree its what scares me the most is that they are Thinning the herd out to much. Its not like we are getting MORE racing teams. Its just the current ones are moving from one series to another, or if you are lucky and whats great about GT3 is a team like Grasser or Lands Motorsports with montaplast is that they can run in multiple series with the same Car and team over in Europe which was what the goal was to begin with

    its kinda like a new company when it starts expanding when it starts to succeed the trick is not to expand to big to fast and i think we are at our limits im sorry but when you have GTLM/GTE classes that in IMSA only have 8 CARS that's not good especially when a team like RISI who ran Ferrari's in the class FOREVER is basically gone thats not a healthy sign and its very worrying

    sorry if it seams like im repeating my self but ever since i quite watching NASCAR at the end of 2016 i moved full time to Sports cars and open wheel which i had always watched but not on a weekly basis
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

  9. #19
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    So.
    How different is this GT2 category from the Ferrari Challenge and Super Trofeo cars?
    Audi and Porsche have committed to GT2...
    those are one makes.

    this new GT2 seems to be blending those types of cars into a official series.

    I believe bodykit, and overall design will be the biggest difference... but jeez the Porsche GT2RS Clubsport looks like a GT3RS but with more power...
    you're not supposed to go into the light, you're supposed to drift around it.
    Simulations 7:07
    drivers are not alive, the car is.
    Simulations 7:20

  10. #20
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Olijke Poffer View Post
    Now we need a game for it as well.
    indeed.
    you're not supposed to go into the light, you're supposed to drift around it.
    Simulations 7:07
    drivers are not alive, the car is.
    Simulations 7:20

Similar Threads

  1. DLC content message keeps coming back.
    By F2kSel in forum Technical Help & Support (PC)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-09-2018, 00:33
  2. Coming back from iRacing
    By Novey in forum PC - Multiplayer Event Planning
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-12-2016, 14:29
  3. Coming back from iRacing
    By Novey in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-12-2016, 21:11
  4. Coming back to PC, cars drive differently
    By Gpruitt54 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 21-11-2016, 15:40
  5. why does this issue keep coming back for me?
    By kevin kirk in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 19-10-2016, 13:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •