Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The GT2 Class is coming back.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    those are one makes.

this new GT2 seems to be blending those types of cars into a official series.

I believe bodykit, and overall design will be the biggest difference... but jeez the Porsche GT2RS Clubsport looks like a GT3RS but with more power...
    i just think its a classic case of one to many roosters in the hen house personaly
    Jackie Stewart - "Sometimes you need to ease off in order to go faster"
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.
    The following user likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1

GT5 Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    i just think its a classic case of one to many roosters in the hen house personally
    heh, right!
    you're not supposed to go into the light, you're supposed to drift around it.
    Simulations 7:07
    drivers are not alive, the car is.
    Simulations 7:20

Platform
    PC
    heh, right!
    i think it is great but i think it needs to be classed like the super trofeo and the Ferrari challenge and do away with the one make series and merge them all together to a multi make then we dont really lose any teams as some of the super trofeo and Ferrari challenge teams will just switch manufacturers
    Intel Core i7-8700k cpu @ 3.7GHz 3.70GHz Ram:16GB 64 bit operating system Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
    Steam ID: Dault3883 If u add me on steam send message on forum with ur steam id. If i dont know who the steam friend request belongs to i will ignore it.

GT5 Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by dault3883 View Post
    i think it is great but i think it needs to be classed like the super trofeo and the Ferrari challenge and do away with the one make series and merge them all together to a multi make then we dont really lose any teams as some of the super trofeo and Ferrari challenge teams will just switch manufacturers
    idk, wouldn't that be costly? moving 3+ different classes of cars into one class, then upgrading those cars to fit GT2 regulations, and retraining teams, and other stuff.

I know GT2 looks similar but blending One-Make series that Marques sponsor and provide for is in my opinion costly.

Platform
    PC
    idk, wouldn't that be costly? moving 3+ different classes of cars into one class, then upgrading those cars to fit GT2 regulations, and retraining teams, and other stuff.

I know GT2 looks similar but blending One-Make series that Marques sponsor and provide for is in my opinion costly.
    i didnt think of that

Platform
    PS4

Not unless the manufacturers build the race cars to GT2 spec from the beginning. Giving teams an option to either compete in the spec series or go global with GT2.
    Or both.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Not unless the manufacturers build the race cars to GT2 spec from the beginning. Giving teams an option to either compete in the spec series or go global with GT2.
    Or both.
    that would be good have the spec series be reginal or country's like the british touring car and sports cars championships are reginal

then have the multi make be the GT2 international series

Platform
    PC
    I don't understand this car. Why is Audi introducing a new race car based on one that is going to be replaced by an EV in 2021? And, this GT2 class is going to be something that begins with "cluster". GT2 cars are going to to keep up with and even be able to overtake GT3 cars on straights, but then GT3 cars will have them in braking and cornering. And they'll be driven by gentlemen drivers, and they already can create enough problems when you put them in GT3 or GT4 cars.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    I don't understand this car. Why is Audi introducing a new race car based on one that is going to be replaced by an EV in 2021? And, this GT2 class is going to be something that begins with "cluster". GT2 cars are going to to keep up with and even be able to overtake GT3 cars on straights, but then GT3 cars will have them in braking and cornering. And they'll be driven by gentlemen drivers, and they already can create enough problems when you put them in GT3 or GT4 cars.
    not if the GT2 cars are in separate series than GT3

GT5 Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flare View Post
    I think this Group GT2 class takes more inspiration to GT1 than well GTE(ndurance) or GT2... a more watered down GT1...

the idea here is that they're going to be added into some GT2 series championship, well that's my head canon...