Thread: Aston Martin db11 @ azure proven grounds

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

Aston Martin db11 @ azure proven grounds

Hi I'm new to the forum and I would really appreciate some help
    I can't drive the db11 and I don't know anything about setting cars up I wish I did don't know where to start I've searched for a set up can't find one anyone out there got one please please its driven me mad thanks for any help

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hi, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that you probably don't need a setup, but learn to drive road cars for starters. There's 50 brilliant, informative episodes by Yorkie065 called The Insider's Guide to Project CARS 2. Here is the episode about driving road cars:

After that, check ep 13 (Driving technique), and if you want to learn basic tuning, ep 10. Then the rest of them And practice practice practice.
    I haven't driven the DB11, maybe the default setup is really bad, but most of the time the problem is the driver
    There at least 2 different setups in game: Loose and Stable. If Loose gives you problem, try Stable.
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, T3PA-Pro, Firmware 54, Xbox One X, public OS, 24" 1080 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.
    Project CALC - unified leaderboards - Forum thread
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Zaskarspants

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Wow thanks for the help yea I'll practice

Platform
    PC
    Most people are only driving Default setups with the DB11 in TT on PC. In the choices you have Loose, Stable and OEM, most will be using the Loose setup with their wheels. If you look at the ECU/Engine/Gearing page the Loose has Engine Braking at 2, Stable at 3 and OEM at 5, you can go up to 10 with this value and it could help if you are having problems spinning(oversteer) on corner entry.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2019-07-09 16-10-32-66.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	269558
    If you have problems with control on exit you can increase the Power angle(don't go higher than 85 or it's off at 90).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pCARS2 2019-07-09 16-17-22-16.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	199.9 KB 
ID:	269557
    Also check out Casey's tire pressure guide. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1400146
    You should try for 2.1 to 2.2 when the tires are hot. Unless you are very experienced let Automatic by Weather select the tires for you, you may think the Soft Pirellis are best but depending on the conditions they could give you problems at hot tracks for instance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pCARS2 2019-07-09 16-16-22-04.jpg  

Last edited by blinkngone; 09-07-2019 at 20:35.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, Maskmagog

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you very much for the advice can't wait to try this out
    Thank you m8 done
    Last edited by Rookiekev; 10-07-2019 at 09:00.

WMD Member
    Hi, if you're new I would advise driving the stable version and not worrying about set ups at this time.

I would find a good medium sized track (Catayluna, Donnington etc) and just drive round it slowly learning both the track and the characteristics of the car. If the car slides out when hitting the throttle, you're accelerating too fast. slow it down and learn the bite points, how to control the car.

As mentioned, drive around the track like miss Daisey, with each lap push a little further and you'll improve, get confidence with handling the car and learn the corners and get a feeling of your weakness area's with the car. Once your confident with the area's you've mastered you can tackle the weaknesses and improve your lap times, stepping up a little each go.

If you drive in practice or the free testing mode then your tyres will be blue at first (Cold), again just drive around slowly to heat the tyres and don't push. Until these are green you won't have any heat so don't even start any slow pushing until they're nice and green.

Overall have fun and enjoy the learning process

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Thank you for all the advice much appreciated