Thread: I do not record the turns

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

I do not record the turns

I'm playing in trajectory mode and I see that my times do not stay recorded. Why?.
    I mean I play a race, and then to play again, my best laps are not seen ... why?
    Thank you,

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Fastest laps are only 'saved' when you set a valid lap in the time-trial mode. Laptimes in races are not saved anywhere so they are lost once you exit that race session.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Bigger Than Dave, PawelK

Platform
    PC
    You could try using one of the apps out there that log the telemetry for you?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...e-for-download
    CASE: Define Mini C TG l MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M DH3 l CPU: i5 8600k @4.8 l COOLER: Celsius S24 l GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 @1911 l RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz l SSD: 4x 250GB l OS: Win 10 Pro x64 l WHEEL: Logitech G29 l SHIFTER: Logitech G Driving Force l VR: Oculus Rift CV1 l Screen: LG 55" 4k TV
    Steam ID: MartinMWWebb
    The following user likes this Post: cluck

Platform
    PC
    One of the reasons that the fastest laps aren't saved is that the conditions, temperature, rain, track surface etc are always different. It's only time trial that has exactly the same conditions for every driver. So even if you had your own records for race mode, it wouldn't matter because the next time you drive that track, the conditions might be slightly different. It's the whole notion of a track being a living thing that changes from minute to minute that makes PC2 what it is, so don't worry too much about it and enjoy the racing.
    Anyway, welcome to the forum and if you explore the various part of it, you'll enjoy the game even more, PC2 has a great deal of depth and subtlety that you get to know and appreciate over time.
    Last edited by John Hargreaves; 11-07-2019 at 21:16.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Bigger Than Dave, cluck, GTsimms, Zaskarspants

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    One of the reasons that the fastest laps aren't saved is that the conditions, temperature, rain, track surface etc are always different. It's only time trial that has exactly the same conditions for every driver. So even if you had your own records for race mode, it wouldn't matter because the next time you drive that track, the conditions might be slightly different. It's the whole notion of a track being a living thing that changes from minute to minute that makes PC2 what it is, so don't worry too much about it and enjoy the racing.
    Anyway, welcome to the forum and if you explore the various part of it, you'll enjoy the game even more, PC2 has a great deal of depth and subtlety that you get to know and appreciate over time.
    I for one WOULD like to have them at least privately available. I don't care for hotlapping and even less for going into timetrial mode. But it's nice to be able to see what ballpark time you drove a previous visit to that track with that car. On the other hand I guess that could be handled by a different program seeing that the numbers needed are fed through the API(not 100% sure though).

And tbh... Real life records (be it qualifying or racing) are almost always recorded WITH other cars on track, and during varying conditions. Forcing times to be recorded in a static environment without other cars feels very gamey to me. I loved it when you could record your best laps in PC1 beta when racing. I could have fun AND record valid laps. I stopped having anything to do with the leaderboard when they made only Time Trial laps count.

But still. Almost every sim records your personal best on a certain combination. Not everybody cares about competition and leaderboards and such.... But that doesn't mean I don't want to improve myself.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 12-07-2019 at 08:13.
    Life's too short to front wheel drive
    DD1, 918 Wheel, SQ V 1.5 Shifter, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive

/// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: John Hargreaves, PawelK

Platform
    PC
    To be honest I completely agree, I'm also a 99% offline racer and I'd like to have my records somewhere in the game to view.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah, all this information is easily available through the API, so I am pretty sure many of the available 3rd party apps do what you want.
    The following user likes this Post: John Hargreaves