Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Fix sounds !

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliman View Post
    You say that they read this forum. Maybe it is said already but how do they like to receive their information the best? Like for example pro drivers like Jardier and many around him that race in the highest echelons of leagues tell that if you want to get really fast you need a very oversteery setup in this game. Otherwise you are not fast enough. And the cars become very slidey then.
    Me personally am not fast enough (although I can be top ten in xbox time trials and sometimes first) to know that. But I see the difference when he is playing ACC and Project Cars 2. But I don't have the knowledge to know why that is. And I can't adress that with the physics. But I think it is worth that the devs know. I think that it doesn't look realistic now. But I cannot explain it. Or do the devs only consider it if you can explain it in physics and such?
    While I agree this is true to some extent, I'm not saying you are wrong, but I think it is a little more nuanced.

During the recent AOR Sugo stream, Jardier was definitely throwing the car around, sliding and with noticeable oversteer. But the tyres were overheating. In his next ACC stream at Paul Ricard he was also sliding - not so much oversteer - but still sliding.

There may be other factors too. PC2 has quite a pronounced tyre squeal while the tyre noise in ACC is more subtle. This can maybe give the impression you are sliding more in PC2. Also Jardier uses roof cam in PC2 which may (or may not) influence perceptions. Finally if you watch Jardier's SMS-R streams, when presumably he is under most pressure to produce fast laps, his driving seems to be much more neat and tidy.

My own experience is you tend to get more rear sliding in PC2, and more front sliding in ACC. And front sliding isn't so obvious to the spectator as rear sliding.

And finally I think its worth looking at some other fast drivers. I just put Project Cars 2 GT3 world record into youtube and found Austin Ogonoski's lap of the Nords. He is a fast guy especially around here - some may have seen his video on the Raceroom electric VW hotlap challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OIPTqalBuM

Seems pretty neat and tidy to me with no obvious hang-the-tail-out oversteer.

This is another recent video from Operator, who is well known to Jardier viewers. He is clearly on the limit and pushing the car hard but no excessive oversteer IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZepyiI_gzNA
    Last edited by David Wright; Today at 11:05.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Bliman, rich1e I, Zaskarspants

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Gestapo = offensive (infraction worthy)

Show me one forum created by devs that isn't... In fact this one is less one sided than many i know.
    Try talking about pCARS on the AC forum...

Now THAT is one sided...

You are WMD, you should know better...
    You even shared in the profits of the first pCARS, a hell of a way to appreciate the devs hard work by now tearing them down.
    the hell is a Gestapo?

*searches it up*

Oh Scheiße
    you're not supposed to go into the light, you're supposed to drift around it.
    Simulations 7:07
    drivers are not alive, the car is.
    Simulations 7:20

Platform
    XBOX1
    Excessive front sliding and tons of understeer aren't really things that happen that much in RL either, are they? So, what are we talking about? You can't beat group logic/pressure with differentiated reasoning. Many people are like sheep, what the group says must be true, they just adopt the overall 'opinion' to avoid any friction, many groups don't like friction, any further thinking isn't needed anymore.
    In addition, if you run out of arguments or don't have any at all, then just start using words like arcade, Gestapo, fan boy or defender etc. etc. Makes things a lot easier for you. ^^

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    A lot of setup is personal preference so a slidy setup might work for one but not the other.
    As for the realism, SMS worked with known real life race drivers to get things right.
    They even worked with McLaren developers and had a McLaren test driver approve the handling.
    It's not because a car is easy to drive that it is unrealistic.
    Many sim racers are of the opinion "if it's easy it isn't sim".
    As for the feedback, anything with a half decent explanation as to what you think is wrong brought in a sensible manner is considered valuable information.
    That doesn't always mean it will be changed if the car is supposed to handle like that IRL (for instance)
    I disagree a little with your assesment. Almost every race simulator developer works with real life race drivers. But they are all pretty different. So what does that tell? They can't be all right.
    I also don't know why you say that if a car is easy to drive that it isn't realistic. I never said that (unless you were alluding to someone else).
    The following user likes this Post: PawelK

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliman View Post
    I disagree a little with your assesment. Almost every race simulator developer works with real life race drivers. But they are all pretty different. So what does that tell? They can't be all right.
    I also don't know why you say that if a car is easy to drive that it isn't realistic. I never said that (unless you were alluding to someone else).
    I meant that's what a lot of sim racers think... "it's easy to drive so it can't be a sim"

Not only real race drivers but race car developers as well...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Tank621, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
    While I agree this is true to some extent, I'm not saying you are wrong, but I think it is a little more nuanced.

During the recent AOR Sugo stream, Jardier was definitely throwing the car around, sliding and with noticeable oversteer. But the tyres were overheating. In his next ACC stream at Paul Ricard he was also sliding - not so much oversteer - but still sliding.

There may be other factors too. PC2 has quite a pronounced tyre squeal while the tyre noise in ACC is more subtle. This can maybe give the impression you are sliding more in PC2. Also Jardier uses roof cam in PC2 which may (or may not) influence perceptions. Finally if you watch Jardier's SMS-R streams, when presumably he is under most pressure to produce fast laps, his driving seems to be much more neat and tidy.

My own experience is you tend to get more rear sliding in PC2, and more front sliding in ACC. And front sliding isn't so obvious to the spectator as rear sliding.

And finally I think its worth looking at some other fast drivers. I just put Project Cars 2 GT3 world record into youtube and found Austin Ogonoski's lap of the Nords. He is a fast guy especially around here - some may have seen his video on the Raceroom electric VW hotlap challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OIPTqalBuM

Seems pretty neat and tidy to me with no obvious hang-the-tail-out oversteer.

This is another recent video from Operator, who is well known to Jardier viewers. He is clearly on the limit and pushing the car hard but no excessive oversteer IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZepyiI_gzNA
    I find your post very very good and I want to thank you for posting it.
    I find you raise very good opininions.
    I agree with every assesment you make. And you put it very well.
    I think that camera and sound is pretty important. The screeching of the tyres is pretty bad imo and is creating a wrong impression.
    But the camera is even more important.
    You know that I keep telling that the car looks much more floaty then in ACC. But then I look at the first video and the car looks much more grounded and the footage looks much much better.
    If someone knows how that can be then that would be interesting. With the onboard camera on the second video I immediately had that floaty feeling again. Do other people see this too?
    Also I agree with your other opinions. A really important post imo.
    I would love if we could get to the bottom of that. Because maybe it isn't (probably a bit) the physics but how it is portrayed that is important.
    I am interested if others see the same thing