Thread: How to use all the settings files you saved if you forgot to backup the default.sav

Rookie
    Platform
    PC

How to use all the settings files you saved if you forgot to backup the default.sav

Hello everybody,

Probably an already posted one, and quite noob question, but I cannot quite find the proper answer with the 2 or 3 variables I will explain.

Long story short:

1 - Was in Windows 7 + Oculus Rift DK2 + Thrusmaster T500RS with JackSpade files (probably V3.0.1) *1

2 - Is now in Windows 10 + same hardware with JackSpade files (V3.1.1)

3 - Forgot (because I didnt know it; my bad) to save C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\********\234630\local\project cars\profiles\default.sav
    But I saved C:\Users\******\Documents\Project CARS

Result:

It seems no matter the way I run the game on my Documents files or I overwrite them after a first run with my backup; they are not taken into consideration in the game.

Question:

How to have the game to open directly all the settings from Documents I saved and restored normally ?

Is there a button In game or a way I missed to be absolutely sure all the .xml files are taken into consideration ?
    Because now it seems all defaulted each time I try. *2

Thanks for your future answers and sorry if my questions are strange. (And sorry for my english.)

Have a nice evening.

(and I do not remember exactly the settings in game, but they were done on a 2 years like period, and when i was happy I didnt change them for month.)

I tried it before formatting and going to Windows 10, and I had this very satisfying sensation of control and feeling of the car around myself, you can have in VR + JackSpade when well setup ...

Like FFB settings, Controller settings, VR settings and all the hundreds of faders and boxes I didnt remember what I put in.

PS: Maybe I am totally wrong; and so just a part of the settings are just not taken from .xml files and folders in Documents. And I will need to redo all buttons settings; graphical settings; VR ... ect
    So if you know, tell me just which one I need to redo in game menus. THX !

default.sav has all the controller settings, career and loads of other stuff in it.. bascially if you deleted it without a backup, you won't get back to where you were (the same folder also has all the replays and some other stuff). The Documents folder really only contains the graphics settings.

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad