Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: How to drive Formula C?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    As @Gregow mentioned, he want to drive Formula C without setups. Therefore, I wanted to know if with the tinny things you can do with blocked setup, and realistic aids, if someone can enhance the drive-ability of the car.
    With blocked set up and realistic aids you just only can change:
    - Stable or inestable setup
    And mapping some buttons:
    -Brake bias
    - Anti roll (front and rear) bars.

In Multiplayer season, in Imola my best time is 1:49.5.

Thank you!!!
    T300 Alcantara + F1 Addon

Platform
    PS4
    Brake bias adjustment will make a fairly big difference to stability and efficiency.
    Get it right and you can brake deep and late. Once you're comfortable, you can push the brake bias to the rear just 1% and in slow corners it'll help rotate the car by sliding the rear.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    A year or so ago I went through all career on ps4 and posted my findings and tunes in the thread below. I just started playing again on pc and could not survive the fc series without my own guide. Everything from tire wear to ai levels per race and weather scenarios are discussed. Hope it helps you! Formula C is a lot of fun with a stable tune and the correct ai levels set per race.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...er-Tunes-(G29)
    The following user likes this Post: eMc0B

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Gregow Never tried the Clio Cup, gave it a shot yesterday, no practice default settings straight to race - starting from back of grid and of the 5 races I quit 3 won 1 and came 4th in the last. Just a marker for how much harder the formula C is.

Today I managed to win an FC race lots of time spent with the race engineer but now have a very driveable car. Qualified 6th, took 3rd off the line and the others on the track.

Platform
    PC
    Just came here to say that I've joined the club. Had a blast throwing a loose FR car around and when moving up I immediately started getting my butt kicked by the FC. However I already experienced the same thing going from GT5 to GT4 so I know I will figure it out. It is pretty funny though.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregow View Post
    Howdy!

I got this Project Cars thingy about a week ago. Got meself a G29 wheel for the Ďputer and now Iíve finished the first beginner championships plus Clio Cup, moving on to Formula C.

Problem is, I canít figure how to drive these cars fast. Seems like they donít want to turn in, and mid to late corner the back comes charging like a rabid Ďcoon.

So far Iíve figured carrying more speed into the corner helps the turn in with more downforce, and then you can balance the car with the throttle. Except, itís hard to control and Iím drifting too much to be fast. Think 2.10 at Brno is the best Iíve managed.

I donít want to play with the setup just yet. I donít think itís a good idea to engineer away drivers problems. Default setup should be good for much better lap times. Plus, some of the setups Iíve seen are ridiculous - like making the car soft as a family saloon.

Do you have any advice for driving these things properly? Like, how theyíre actually supposed to be driven? I might add that I have similar issues with the 911 GT3 (road version).
    To me adjusting the car's setup is an important step to make the car fit my driving style and consequently make the car easier to drive and easier to achieve faster lap times.
    The following user likes this Post: ShneebnaMRR108

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregow View Post
    Howdy!

I got this Project Cars thingy about a week ago. Got meself a G29 wheel for the Ďputer and now Iíve finished the first beginner championships plus Clio Cup, moving on to Formula C.

Problem is, I canít figure how to drive these cars fast. Seems like they donít want to turn in, and mid to late corner the back comes charging like a rabid Ďcoon.

So far Iíve figured carrying more speed into the corner helps the turn in with more downforce, and then you can balance the car with the throttle. Except, itís hard to control and Iím drifting too much to be fast. Think 2.10 at Brno is the best Iíve managed.

I donít want to play with the setup just yet. I donít think itís a good idea to engineer away drivers problems. Default setup should be good for much better lap times. Plus, some of the setups Iíve seen are ridiculous - like making the car soft as a family saloon.

Do you have any advice for driving these things properly? Like, how theyíre actually supposed to be driven? I might add that I have similar issues with the 911 GT3 (road version).
    Finally I found a more driveable Formula C car with default setups only changing the brake balance into a 45 one.

Check it and comment.
    T300 Alcantara + F1 Addon