Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] This is doing my head in

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

[RESOLVED] This is doing my head in

The graphics are literally giving me intense vertigo on some of the steeper tracks.
    I'm fairly new to pCars 2 only been playing this for a couple of weeks now. Love the game as a whole. Been sim racing for about 6 years. I've never had this happen to me in other racing games.
    Bathurst is one of the worst. I'm generally running between 17 and 20 AI on the track. I've tried lowering the graphic settings. So I have a fairly consistent fps of 60 to 70. Which helped a bit.

I'm running an 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8100, 3.6 ghz 8GB DDR4 with an Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 OC 2G Graphics Card. With a Visio 1080p 120hz 46 Inch flat screen

This is very distracting, and not natural feeling at all.

Any thought or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

set world movement to 100, or 0.
    I can't help being this awesome!
    CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 2.8GHZ / GFX - AMD 6850 / 4GB Ram / 2x1TB + 1 60GB SSD Storage / OCZ 700W PSU / Antec 900 / 32" 1080P monitor / Logitech DFGT

You can control a sliding car.
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Could you give a little more detail? What do you mean by "the graphics"?

Are you experiencing graphical issues like stutter or artifacts, or do the hills look too realistic and confuse your inner ear?

I had some issues when I first tried VR at Laguna. That corkscrew....
    Steam name: z1nonly
    Windows 10 / 3800X / GTX 1080 ti / 32gb DDR4 @3600 / Oculus Rift / GTA-F racing simulator / Fanatec CSL Elite-P1 / CS V3 pedals / CS Shifter SQ V 1.5

Platform
    PC
    i would say, in view of the minimum specs, i3-8100 and GTX1030 is far behind.
    This is a typical office system.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

System MSI Mortar Titanium B450 | CPU Ryzen 5-1600x | RAM 32GB DDR4 | GPU RTX2080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1903 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1 / HP Reverb | Motion Next Level Motion V3
    Devil's Core - Drivers Club ( german language )
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/

Platform
    PC
    Vertigo etc are usually experienced with VR. I am actually surprised that you are getting it with a monitor. Maybe there is some weird interference between your specific setup (resolution, fps, refresh rate) and your brain... You can fiddle more with those, maybe it will help.

But if it really happens only on hills then my guess would be it's something different, it's about depth/height perception. I would definitely try changing world movement, also FOV and or monitor distance.

From my and other people's experiences with VR, these things are highly individual (some people are susceptible, some are not), and usually goes away with time and experience. My transition to VR was pretty seamless, but initially I had moments of feeling weird, and they went away. Now I only have like micro-vertigos occasionally and only when I reverse or if I slide and then hit the barrier, especially backwards.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: DaWorstPlaya, Gregoryleo

Superkart Pilot
    On a monitor? Very surprised to hear that. Anyway, desensitisation is the way ahead so do loads of laps at Laguna.
    The following user likes this Post: Gregoryleo

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by satco1066 View Post
    i would say, in view of the minimum specs, i3-8100 and GTX1030 is far behind.
    This is a typical office system.
    Actually, the i3-8100 has a better performance rating than the i5-3450. And while yes the GTX1030 isn't top of the line. It was within my budget and works with a standard 300 watt power supply. It can handle anything up to 1080p quite well. Which is what Im running. If I set performance and visuals to minimum, it runs a solid 90 to 100 fps. I have the in game settings some where around medium. So like I said, I'm getting 60 to 70 fps with no lag, stuttering or screen tear. The graphics are smooth and clean.

I've already set world movement to 0. And I already tried setting everything to minimum and even lowered the resolution. Didn't do a lot to help, still getting vertigo. Which is weird because I don't usually suffer from that. After years of mountain biking, rock climbing and horse back riding, I've never got this. Maybe I'm getting older

I'm guessing that it is the inner ear thing like Twinz suggested and I just have to push through it. PawelK gave a couple of ideas I haven't tried yet. Thank you very much for that.

Anyway, thanks for the responses and suggestions they are very much appreciated.
    Gregoryleo.

Platform
    PC
    Well I played descent back in the days. It was the first game which let you move in all the directions. Foreward,backwards, up and down. The first time I started this game I got instant motion sick. Lol. So it is possible...
    Now several years later and In VR I doe not experience this anymore but it was a hard time at that time.

Steam: Bull Shark CPU: Intel i7 8700k 6 cores @ 4.9 Ghz | RAM: 16GB G-Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Mobo: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | OS: Win 10 x64 | Screen:Triple IIyama PROLITE XUB2792QSU-B1 7680x1440 | Controller:Fanatec CSW v2.5, ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1.5, CSL Elite pedals & loadcell brake| Misc: Oculus Rift , Simlab GT1 EVO Rig , Wife for serving Coffee and Beer.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Gregoryleo, pippinfort

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregoryleo View Post
    ... .

I've already set world movement to 0. And I already tried setting everything to minimum and even lowered the resolution. Didn't do a lot to help, still getting vertigo.
    Try world movement @ 100.
    It keeps the dashboard still, as if the camera is fixed to the car.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following user likes this Post: Gregoryleo

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I get tummy flips sometimes on big gradient changes with a 58 inch screen at about 1m from my eyes. This is something I would also expect irl so I don't see it as a problem but the sim managing to work it's magic on my brain effectively.

This is with world movement at zero and all other movement settings off. My screen is large and it is set low so I see a large amount of the inside of the car, I think this increases the chance of feeling the dips and rises.
    Xboxx, 58 inch TV, real fov 80, Sim Labs GT1 evo rig, Fanatec csw2.5, Shifter, v3 pedals, Mclaren Gt3 rim, Sparco Grid q seat.
    Join stoopid time trial challenges for satisfaction https://www.stoopidchallenges.com
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Gregoryleo, hkraft300