Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most Realistic Handling Cars Out of the Box???

Platform
    PS4
    McLaren. The road cars.
    Well maybe not the 720. That thing is ballistic. It's scary that some numpty at the wheel with a ton of money can buy that and drive it on the street.
    Last edited by hkraft300; 17-08-2019 at 09:42.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    PC
    I think a lot of it comes from speed perception in a game/sim compared to real life. A real car feels planted at what seems to be high speed, but in a sim you often simply don't feel like you are going that fast, but if you look at the numbers, your indicated speed will probably be higher than you think. So you fling it round a hairpin at 60mph but it only feels like you are doing 30, so it seems odd when you lose it, but if you flung the real car around at that speed you would get the same result.
    If you compare speeds, laptimes, braking points etc, you'll find that most of the cars in PC2 will be pretty close to real life numbers, but there is definitely a need to get used to a simulation environment and learn to work within it. VR does help a lot, but I'd say spend more time getting familiar with the computer simulation environment and then you'll most likely see the real world comparison is closer than it seems.
    Once you take account of the lack of fear factor and G-forces it's a heck of a lot of fun, and if you crash you just press restart and have another go with zero financial penalty or injury, so it has a lot going for it.
    Last edited by John Hargreaves; 17-08-2019 at 08:32.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 5 users likes this Post: bytecruncher26, cpcdem, MrTulip, PawelK, Zaskarspants

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks John. I'm sure that is part of it.... I'm seeing how I like my Sim Rig and driving in these Sims. While building my Rig, I was pretty serious about adding a motion system to it. I've decided to hold off on that for now, and see how things go to start. If I'm really getting the feel in sims, I'll probably add a D-Box system to it, which hopefully would really help with the immersion. Over my years, I've learned the value of patience, and that some goals just take time and determination. So I am willing to spend time working at it.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: hkraft300, John Hargreaves, MrTulip

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    McLaren. The road cars.
    Well maybe not the 720. That thing is ballistic. It's scary that some numpty at the wheel with a ton of money can buy that and drive it on the street.
    Thanks Mate!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    How do drivers feel about the Aston, Audi, and Mercedes GTs?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Well, the Aston V12 is a beast on straights but it isn't that agile in twisty sections. Aero adjustability is very limited. Yorkie has posted a video recently where he raced it on Monza and he showed his setup, so you can pause the video on each setup page and dial in the numbers. I tried it and I quite liked how the Aston handled.
    The Audi is maybe the opposite, a bit slower on straights but it shines in twisty sections due to its good handling (out of the box), and it has good brakes. Certainly a good car for tracks like Brands Hatch. Definitely one to recommend if you're new to PC2.
    The AMG is top tier. One of the fastest GT3s for sure. Not much to say about this car. It handles nicely and is really fast on straights. One thing you should do before driving is increase engine braking value to 5 or 6 for a weaker effect (increasing the number means less effect). It makes the car quite unstable in heavy braking zones while downshifting. Not sure if all cars suffer from this issue but if you lose the rear end under braking it could be that engine braking is set too strong.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks rich..! This is GREAT info on those cars. I also notice high instability on the Porsche GT3 RS when downshifting from high speeds with moderate braking (just testing and getting used to the car). I'm sure this was due to engine braking effects. Appreciate the feedback!
    The following user likes this Post: rich1e I

Platform
    PC
    For me, the most realistic handling car in the game is the Group A Merc 190 cossie.
    ACR Driver Profile - ActrollVision.com
    My Mixer channel - Mixer.com/TekNeil
    92 Vw Corrado G60 - CorradoG60.co.uk

I7-6700K @ 4.4Ghz / MSI GTX 1080 @2025 Core, +600 Mem / 16GB Ram @ 2800MHz / HTC Vive

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by TekNeil View Post
    For me, the most realistic handling car in the game is the Group A Merc 190 cossie.
    That's a fun car to drive. The BMW is right next to it.
    The Vintage GT and prototypes seem be better suited to the low grip all terrain tyres instead of the high grip "track" tyres. I suspect the real vintage tyres were closer to the all terrains in performance and the track tyres may have a bit too much grip in comparison.
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Make sure your field of view is somewhere near correct , this will help with getting a good perspective on speed etc. Makes a big difference,There are calculators online to help with this.

I love the AMG GT3 , I find it to be a beast but I also find I have to do a bit of tyre management with it.